laua

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, V60, CT4S incoming
Country flag
Awesome work! Sounds great and authentic. That session looks like an absolute blast.
Sponsored

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
Can't imagine what your tires look like at session end!
exactly my first question popping up into my mind.
we did a Taycan-only 4h race in Leipzig last weekend and the Goodyear 21" were screaming, overheating and suffering once you drove sub 2:10 constantly. 2-3 laps (3,7km) below 2:00 or 1:55 are possible but not reasonable.

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
we did a Taycan-only 4h race in Leipzig last weekend and the Goodyear 21" were screaming, overheating and suffering once you drove sub 2:10 constantly. 2-3 laps (3,7km) below 2:00 or 1:55 are possible but not reasonable.
The OE tires are not up to the task of sustained lapping. Here's some details of my tire and brake setup for the track. https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/285-35-20-square-setup-for-track.13243/
Porsche Taycan Taycan Raw Motor and Shifting Sound Recording (From Laguna Seca Track) F2A20E6C-D8A2-492D-8820-B311B57F147A

Iluvcarats

First Name
Flygirl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a7
Country flag
Did some recording on the track with the help of a transducer mounted on the rear motor/trans and mic in the front (for tires). What do you think, annoying, stimulating? The usual track vids with EVs are just wind noises and the exhausts of the ICE cars nearby you so I thought I'd try to spice things up a bit. Of course, with a transducer, I can't actually hear these noises in the car without headphones hooked up to the mixer (I tried that for the first session while trying to get the sound balance sorted out but wasn't liking it). The USB input also isn't compatible with an aux in, otherwise it'd be an alternative to sport sound.

So cool, I subscribed, liked and commented. Drove by the track yesterday to pick our daughter up from UCSB.

C17r15

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS ST
Country flag
Here’s a video of the stock e-sound, which is barely audible when the windows are down.

One thing that stands out watching a Taycan lap the track is how eerily silent it is. It would be really cool if you could play the sound picked up from the motor / transmission on the under car speaker (where the humming sound when in reverse is coming from). This may be what the GT4 e-performance is doing unless that audio track is added in editing.

Do tell on the Taycan-only race! Curious on the mechanics of the race, and how charging is handled / charging time accounted for? Would love to see images or a write up on your experience.

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
Did some recording on the track with the help of a transducer mounted on the rear motor/trans and mic in the front (for tires). What do you think, annoying, stimulating? The usual track vids with EVs are just wind noises and the exhausts of the ICE cars nearby you so I thought I'd try to spice things up a bit. Of course, with a transducer, I can't actually hear these noises in the car without headphones hooked up to the mixer (I tried that for the first session while trying to get the sound balance sorted out but wasn't liking it). The USB input also isn't compatible with an aux in, otherwise it'd be an alternative to sport sound.

I actually enjoyed that a lot. Pretty cool!

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
It will be interesting what sort of sounds future EV sports cars are going to have. I can't imagine they'll be silent, but on the other hand, I think the real motor and gear sounds are not for everyone.. Some combination of natural motor sounds with electric sport sounds during accel/decel. would be great. Make it volume adjustable would be a bonus, rather than on/off.

Here's a couple of other examples:

GT4e-performance

And the Audi S1 Hoonitron:

👍 for noticing. :blush:
I was struck by the sound of the GT4-e at Rennsport. Coming down the main straight, I commented to my friend "that thing sounds like a bag of whistles." It was most definitely not silent.

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is actually the first POV I’ve seen from a Taycan on a track. Having been on Laguna Seca, I’m impressed at how well you know this track, in particular getting on the (figurative) gas coming off the apexes. Really nice video, thanks for sharing. I didn’t mind the whine a bit.
Sponsored