bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Those straight, hard edges on the front bumper really don’t match the smooth clean lines of the rest of the car. Hope those rear bumper vents actually serve a purpose.
Sponsored

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Looks like an Audi. Glad I have the original but it’s a worry when we come to upgrade. Might have to try to hold out long enough to skip this facelift and see what comes next…but that’s a long time in car ownership

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The dents in the nose look stupid. Glad I have what I have.
Do you think those might be camo and will be removed on the final product? similar Look to the current sport design front end?

If not, I agree. It just seems like such an un-Porsche like design element. Porsche is about curves and organic shapes, not sharp edges.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I can't stop thinking this car is still slightly disguised...
Some body gaps and assembly don't add up with what Porsche is used to produce. The "cheeks" are not well integrated ; they might be camo as well as the bumper not being definitive.
Plus the Mission E wheels are somewhat fake too...

https___www.carscoops.com_wp-content_uploads_2023_10_Porsche-Taycan-facelift-scoop-00016-1024x...jpg
I was thinking the same thing about the wheels. The angle of the lip appears off. They look like those Chinese knock offs someone posted up here a while back.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This thread is not going to age well 🫢 In a few years we are the losers with the old looking first gen.
Don’t agree. The first Taycan has a timeless shape. Future versions may look better, but the original will never look old. Porsche’s organic design ethos sees to that.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Good Grief! The original Taycan is a revolutionary design with the open scoops in the front, and now those are eliminated!!???:oops::headbang:

I think the original designers did a wonderful job of creating one of the most beautiful cars on the road. I guess they missed the obvious redesign of the open scoops and are now breathing a sigh of relief that their error has been corrected. Too bad they felt they needed to make a change and 'update' the look. Can't see anything better here...

j.w.s

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2024 Rivian R1S
Country flag
I may be jealous of the technical improvements, assuming there are a few, but visually I prefer the original. That's not typically the case with me, having a strong bias toward the 'new'.

I saw the same with some of the Macan front bumper updates, some of which were different but not better in my opinion.

The Riddler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I can't stop thinking this car is still slightly disguised...
Some body gaps and assembly don't add up with what Porsche is used to produce. The "cheeks" are not well integrated ; they might be camo as well as the bumper not being definitive.
Plus the Mission E wheels are somewhat fake too...

https___www.carscoops.com_wp-content_uploads_2023_10_Porsche-Taycan-facelift-scoop-00016-1024x...jpg
I agree, I think this is part disguise… otherwise some Audi designers have migrated to Porsche…

Jagu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S
Country flag
I knew that Porsche could not out -do themselves with a Taycan refresh. The original Taycan design was PERFECT.

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
Oh no! Now Porsche is doing fake vents too! And those pre-dented front fenders look stupid.

If my order spills over into MY25, I’m going to have think about cancelling.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I know forum members often dislike model changes at first, and then get used to them and eventually prefer them.

But surely there must be some fake features being used there as
It just doesn't look right at the front imo?

Its shed some of the styling that makes the Taycan what it is. Especially round the front mouth.

If those pictures are a true representation, it's a bit 'Jaws 2' imo (the original was the classic......sequel not so good)

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
The new design lost the smooth curves of the mission e concept.
The front looks like an Audi now.

wrong direction in my opinion.
Sponsored

Reactions: or1