frankchn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 TTS, Taycan TTS
Country flag
I wonder what they mean by the phrase “the subject vehicles will be reprogrammed to remove the function”. Does that mean that they’re fixing the problem, or they’re actually removing the hazard warning lamp functionality?

BTW, mine originally showed delivery to the dealer on 10/29, but was updated just this morning to 10/15. I haven’t noticed that TYD is a great predictor of actual dates, though.
It sounds like the vehicles come with a function that will turn on the hazards before a potential collision (hence “pre-collision activation“) and they are removing this functionality.
Sponsored

jcroix

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
It sounds like the vehicles come with a function that will turn on the hazards before a potential collision (hence “pre-collision activation“) and they are removing this functionality.
That’s what it sounded like to me, too. Seems a little drastic based on the fact that they’re just out of spec. I assume that just about everything on the car is programmed, so I’d *think* that they could adjust it instead of turning it off. Maybe this is an interim solution…

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
Last edited:

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
I wonder what they mean by the phrase “the subject vehicles will be reprogrammed to remove the function”. Does that mean that they’re fixing the problem, or they’re actually removing the hazard warning lamp functionality?
My interpretation of "remove the function'" is that ONLY the pre-collision automatic hazard warning activation logic will be removed. You will still be able to turn on the hazard warning lights manually.

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am rather surprised that a code push like this isn't something they can do OTA at this point. I appreciate that they are following the NTSHA and are reporting these things (unlike another unmentioned company), but I would love to see things like this move toward an OTA push after a registration with the NHTSA and a notification to affected customers.

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ha. My Porsche Portal just updated that I have an open recall for AMC1 as of today. Even though I signed paperwork, I haven't taken possession of my car yet. I hope they don't hold the car hostage on the handover after the wrap and everything is done today or Monday. /fingers-crossed

R88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S (sold)
Country flag
Ha. My Porsche Portal just updated that I have an open recall for AMC1 as of today. Even though I signed paperwork, I haven't taken possession of my car yet. I hope they don't hold the car hostage on the handover after the wrap and everything is done today or Monday. /fingers-crossed
Don’t count on it. My delivery tomorrow just got cancelled because of the AMC1 stop sale, which is apparently related to airbags. Dealer has no ETA when the software update will be available (they don’t have it yet) and they legally can’t deliver it until it’s done. Pretty annoyed.

JArone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S, 17 McLaren 570s, 20 MB 450 GLS
Country flag
Just seems a bit ridiculous…tough for Porsche to make $$ if they can’t deliver a car

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Don’t count on it. My delivery tomorrow just got cancelled because of the AMC1 stop sale, which is apparently related to airbags. Dealer has no ETA when the software update will be available (they don’t have it yet) and they legally can’t deliver it until it’s done. Pretty annoyed.
I think mine's an exception because I already paid (sold). My pickup is scheduled for 1030 local time tomorrow. Just got the phone call, so no delay on taking possession for me. I think I'm an exception because the sale happened last friday (before this freeze).

JArone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S, 17 McLaren 570s, 20 MB 450 GLS
Country flag
My paperwork was done…but $$$ was never traded…u maybe right

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This differs in everything PCNA and my dealer told me but would make complete sense. I know that there are several hundred Macans in Baltimore under an airbag stop sale but PCNA was pretty clear in their email to me that this was to bring the car out of conflict with US safety specs for hazard lighting.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Only 286 Taycans are affected.

capture.PNG
That might also line up with how many 2022 models have been made and are en route to the US since it seems to be unique to our country.

My SA just told me part of the issue for 2022 models in the US is that the official sale date isn't until November, and it won't receive EPA certification likely until the beginning of November.

Last edited:

R88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S (sold)
Country flag
This differs in everything PCNA and my dealer told me but would make complete sense. I know that there are several hundred Macans in Baltimore under an airbag stop sale but PCNA was pretty clear in their email to me that this was to bring the car out of conflict with US safety specs for hazard lighting.
Huh. Yeah my code is AMC1 too but it's related to the airbag system according to my dealer. Mine is a 2021 year Turbo S. Dealer is hopeful the software fix will be out in a week or so. Back to waiting..

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Huh. Yeah my code is AMC1 too but it's related to the airbag system according to my dealer. Mine is a 2021 year Turbo S. Dealer is hopeful the software fix will be out in a week or so. Back to waiting..
Now I'm thinking AMC1 is just the code for a stop delivery (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) and that the issues vary.
Sponsored