Taycan Stop Sale

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My paperwork was done…but $$$ was never traded…u maybe right
Just confirmed it's not an issue. I'll have to take it back in for the recall when the software is available, but since I technically own it on paper and it is paid up they aren't forced to hold it back in the 'stop sale' since the sale occurred. I barely missed the cut off.
Sponsored

R88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S (sold)
Country flag
Just confirmed it's not an issue. I'll have to take it back in for the recall when the software is available, but since I technically own it on paper and it is paid up they aren't forced to hold it back in the 'stop sale' since the sale occurred. I barely missed the cut off.
Gah, lucky! I, on the other hand, missed it by less than 24hrs!

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Gah, lucky! I, on the other hand, missed it by less than 24hrs!
I wouldn't stress that. My SA told me about it a week ago and only after I asked him to check. I bet your car has had it for a while and they just bothered checking yesterday.

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My Taycan 4S just arrived at the dealer, but with a Stop Sale. The following is the issue:

Steuergerät für Airbag neu codieren = Recode the airbag control unit

Anybody know anything about this?

Also, the car arrived with a punctured driver's side door panel :(

Porsche Taycan Taycan Stop Sale IMG_4056

Porsche Taycan Taycan Stop Sale IMG_4057

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
That seems like something went wrong when someone was getting in or out of it as a part of the shipping :( That is a huge bummer. Did your SA have any indication on the timeline for a repair of that nature? Sorry this happened to you.

My Taycan 4S just arrived at the dealer, but with a Stop Sale. The following is the issue:

Steuergerät für Airbag neu codieren = Recode the airbag control unit

Anybody know anything about this?

Also, the car arrived with a punctured driver's side door panel :(

IMG_4056.jpeg

IMG_4057.jpeg

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That seems like something went wrong when someone was getting in or out of it as a part of the shipping :( That is a huge bummer. Did your SA have any indication on the timeline for a repair of that nature? Sorry this happened to you.
Yes, it's a bummer, and no, I don't have any indication on the timeline on the door panel repair (or the stop sale fix, or the other 2 campaigns on the vehicle).

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Good for you. Just for curiosity, did they contact PCNA to approve the release your car with this pending recall? Mine arrived to the dealer 2 days before the recall was released and I was told I have to wait for the update is installed to proceed with the final sell. I have not signed the final paperwork yet since my Sell person was on vacation when mine arrived.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Good for you. Just for curiosity, did they contact PCNA to approve the release your car with this pending recall? Mine arrived to the dealer 2 days before the recall was released and I was told I have to wait for the update is installed to proceed with the final sell. I have not signed the final paperwork yet since my Sell person was on vacation when mine arrived.
I believe he legally took ownership before the stop sale so they can't keep his car without his permission. That would otherwise be stealing.

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Because I had already signed and paid for the car before the notice they didn’t have to do anything. If I hadn’t completed the sales process, it would have been stopped. I just lucked out. I will have to schedule an appointment when the software is available in order to get it remediated though.

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Since I took possession today, I've been setting everything up today/tonight. I just noticed the ability to enable OTA updates in the web UI of the myporsche portal. I'm curious what type of OTA updates this covers, or if they are even using it. I wonder if this would handle the software push for this recall/stop sale. I just activated it in the portal tonight.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Stop Sale 2021-10-16 20_07_16-My Porsche

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Very cool!!. I was also hoping an OTA update for this issue with the Hazard Warning Lamp instead of waiting for it physically at ports or dealers. I am still not convince this should be labeled as an ACM1 code. Let's hope for a fix this week.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
Silence on my side for a few days. Anybody hear anything new?

JArone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S, 17 McLaren 570s, 20 MB 450 GLS
Country flag
nothing here either

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carerra 4 GTS, GT4RS
Country flag
From the NHTSA site today,
stop sale on the 2022's and looks like the recall will impact all US 2020-21 Taycan

Report says Dealer will reprogram.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited: