Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, 21 Tesla MY, Mercedes E350, GLC 300
Country flag
Once the fix is done as long as you're not in a CARB state PCNA is able to release the vehicle.

This applies to vehicles at port as well. My car is in Baltimore and Maryland adopted CARB standards in 2007 (I think). Legally PCNA cannot release the car from that state for transport until it is CARB compliant. For ZEVs this is a ridiculous piece of red tape that has an amendment introduced every year for but never goes anywhere.

Edit: EPA has provided certification for 2022 Taycan, Taycan PB+, and 4S. Fuel Economy should be updated soon.
Thank you for the clarification, that makes sense. Is their a website we can see which cars are CARB complaint?
Sponsored

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
Thank you for the clarification, that makes sense. Is their a website we can see which cars are CARB complaint?
I haven't found one but let me ask someone in Caltrans

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
My 22 RWD arrived at port last night at Houston and checked with Dealor today to be told, that is is waiting on the Carb certification also and so far TYD shows Nov 12 delivery date :(. It also has the AMC 11 update but that the Dealor said is already available and will be done once car at the dealership.
Guess a waiting game hope not too long.

HRHTHEO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered- 2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
My 22 RWD arrived at port last night at Houston and checked with Dealor today to be told, that is is waiting on the Carb certification also and so far TYD shows Nov 12 delivery date :(. It also has the AMC 11 update but that the Dealor said is already available and will be done once car at the dealership.
Who is your dealer ?

jcroix

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
That’s really strange. I picked up my 22 4S from Porsche Austin Thursday night. No issues. It arrived in Houston on 10/13, and was at the port until Wednesday evening. Hit the dealership Thursday morning, and I got it Thursday evening. The dealership installed the new software, and it only took about 1.5 hours.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s really strange. I picked up my 22 4S from Porsche Austin Thursday night. No issues. It arrived in Houston on 10/13, and was at the port until Wednesday evening. Hit the dealership Thursday morning, and I got it Thursday evening. The dealership installed the new software, and it only took about 1.5 hours.
Yeah other 2022s are starting to be delivered in non-CARB compliant states too. As far as I'm aware EPA conformity was complete last week so there's no EPA hold on the vehicle but as far as CARB is concerned I'd be shocked if they didn't just use EPA conformity for ZEVs.

Enthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, Lexus, Mercedes
Country flag
I have a 2022 4S also that arrived at Houston Thursday. It’s sitting in the docks for port processing. I think we fell in the weekend chasm. Hopefully, they will put them on a truck and send them our way tomorrow.

Enthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, Lexus, Mercedes
Country flag
I have a 2022 4S also that arrived at Houston Thursday. It’s sitting in the docks for port processing. I think we fell in the weekend chasm. Hopefully, they will put them on a truck and send them our way tomorrow.
BTW, Does anyone know of fast DC charging locations on highways 45 or 35E in Texas?

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
BTW, Does anyone know of fast DC charging locations on highways 45 or 35E in Texas?
No sure exactly where you are looking but there are EA chargers in Ennis, Huntsville, The Woodlands, and Madisonville along the 45. 35E around DFW has a lot of options as well.

https://www.plugshare.com/ is your friend

Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, 21 Tesla MY, Mercedes E350, GLC 300
Country flag
Only RWD cars cant be sold, all other 22 Taycans can be released, its got to do with CARB certification according to my dealer. I dont know if that is true

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
Yes that would be nice!

Enthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, Lexus, Mercedes
Country flag
No sure exactly where you are looking but there are EA chargers in Ennis, Huntsville, The Woodlands, and Madisonville along the 45. 35E around DFW has a lot of options as well.

https://www.plugshare.com/ is your friend
Thanks. In case I drive from Dallas to Houston or Austin/ San Antonio, I was looking for a charger that delivers 250KW+ to get up to 80% charge in 20 some minutes as advertised by Porsche. Otherwise, it is probably an hour or longer with a 50 KW charger which is the norm.

Enthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, Lexus, Mercedes
Country flag
Only RWD cars cant be sold, all other 22 Taycans can be released, its got to do with CARB certification according to my dealer. I dont know if that is true
Wow! Holding back a car with zero CARBON footprint for CARB Compliance makes no sense.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag