- First Name
- Jun 20, 2021
- Reaction score
- Bay Area, CA
- 992 TTS, Taycan TTS
First time going to Thunderhill West and had a blast. First time at THill West so ran in the novice group to learn the track, but got a couple of clear laps. I am not an experienced track driver by any means so my times are pretty slow.
- Low-speed acceleration is impressive, the EV torque really does help.
- 5150 lbs is a lot of weight, and despite all the PDCC, RAS, etc... that Porsche includes, you can definitely feel it.
- There is an EA charger at Willows Wal-Mart about 7 miles away from the track with 350 kW capability. Entirely possible to drive to EA after each session, charge, and make it back in time for the next session.
- The tires (PZero Elect) on the car gives way before anything else. I might swap the tires for PS4S or something else when they are done.
- No overheating issues with the way I was driving (90+ F ambient) but I can see a more experienced driver getting the car to overheat. The fans were on overdrive as I left the track after each 20 minute session.