Taycan Turbo S CPO - Track Experience Car? Advice Needed.

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
CPO Porsche vehicles have a longer and more generous extended warranty than even new vehicles. You're fine considering the discount.
Sponsored

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
You already know the answer or you wouldn't be having doubts. The dealer's tactics are kind of sleazy trying to tack on things you don't want and I strongly suspect they know the car's history and just won't tell you. Think they would buy it for inventory without being sure what they were getting? If "Porsche in Atlanta" means the Porsche headquarters then that car's history/use is absolutely known considering it was never titled. There would also be service records. There are a relatively large number of used Taycans that have come on the market. There is actually inventory of new cars now. Consider a new Turbo or GTS. The Turbo S is only faster than the Turbo when using launch mode. To me it is partly not knowing the car's history but more the dealer's behavior. They just don't sound like someone I would want to do business with.

Edit: That car is about to be 3 model years old. One more reason to shop around.

Last edited:

jwarner

First Name
jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
macan gts, taycan gts st
Country flag
AVOID!! The dealer is sleazy even before you have signed a contract-imagine what happens after you write a check.Lots of other choices right now, in both cars and dealers.Why would a dealer even buy a car that had been at PEC?
I have been to PECATL. The cars get rode hard. 4000 miles on the track, particularly the new track, are more like maybe 20000. Do you want a car that's been spun out on the wet skidpad hundreds of times? Used Taycans with that kind of mileage sell for a huge discount.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hey guys,

Needing some advice here, although I feel I may already know the overall consensus, but my wife really wants this car and I am trying to be very smart about this.

Found this clean 2021 Taycan Turbo S with all the options we want, but it seems the dealer isnt being very transparent at all. In fact, they were initially trying to force options such as "StarGard GPS" for $1295 and crappy Door Sill PPF for $595. They fought very hard and finally opted to let us buy without it.

But the worst part is after doing research, this isn't just an "Executive Demo" car, but perhaps a Track Experience car that was beat to hell and abused.

The CPO report indicates that after only 4800ish miles, the PCCB front brake pads are at 70% life and the rears are at the minimum acceptable amount before needing replacement - 50%. To me, that's absolutely crazy on a car with regenerative braking and was a huge red flag.

To top it off, the dealership manager has said he "cannot confirm" it was not a Track Experience car and they did buy it from "Porsche in Atlanta".

As you can see from the Carfax, it has zero history prior to 4600ish miles:

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHisto...t3Ns8Jd0bz38z2hm-crHwgNVy98-hqcxeDvvkq9gDfITs

Thoughts?
Ceramic brake replacement costs about as much many many thousands of $$.

Buyer beware on 2nd hand carbon ceramic brakes indeed. Warrantees very rarely cover ”wear items”.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
No.
Fucking.
Way.

Run away, but only before telling the dealer that you’re only interested if they can get that TruCoat on the car, and knock $100 off while they’re at it…

OP
OP

xkpgx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 GT3
Country flag
Thanks for all of your replies.

We decided to back out of this deal, the manager said he was going to get all the details of where the car originated from, and then disappeared and never got back to me.

The car is located at Porsche Palm Springs (Indigo Auto Group). I've bought many cars, and a few Porsches and have never dealt with such lack of transparency and shady sales tactics and cannot recommend this dealer.

It's obvious they are trying to pass this car off as an "Executive Demo" when it's obvious it was beat to hell at the track. You'd think they would have just slapped cheap brake pads on it to not make it so obvious, but they were too cheap to even try and conceal the abuse of the car.

For the sake of archiving purposes, the VIN is WP0AC2Y11MSA63903 so whoever is doing research to buy this car, please be informed that this car has a very secretive past and is not being honestly represented.

I also asked if they were willing to give me info on the remaining life of the PCCB rotors, along with the high voltage State of Health of the battery, and they pretty much didn't care to do so and just claimed it was outside the scope of the required CPO report.

Which also tells me Taycan CPO reports are no good as they do not test and report on anything EV related as well.

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
I agree with your decision. It's a lot easier to buy a headache, than to sell one. Best wishes finding what you're looking for.

DanK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan Turbo, 21 4R, 15 P90DL, 10 Exige 260
Country flag
I was looking for a Gen5 ACR Viper for a while. Found a great one - decent miles so it had been used but not too many. Was in great shape, everything looked splendid.

Checked the CarFax and saw it was company owned. Same deal. It had been a track rental car - even traced it to the outfit that had rented it.

I was pissed. They had passed it off as an exec lease.

Walked away and it's one of the best car decisions I've made yet. Sure, it might have been fine - but I didn't want to take that gamble.

Tucson_Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan turbo
Country flag
Lots of low mileage used ones out there in pristine condition. Having tracked cars in the past, I’d never buy one.

AmpedUp

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
Another clue here is that the car was serviced by Circle Porsche in Long Beach back in September, which is just 10 miles from the Porsche Experience Center in L.A. I'm fairly certain this was a PEC based on all the evidence here.

MY22PCT

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo S
Country flag
Hey guys,

Needing some advice here, although I feel I may already know the overall consensus, but my wife really wants this car and I am trying to be very smart about this.

Found this clean 2021 Taycan Turbo S with all the options we want, but it seems the dealer isnt being very transparent at all. In fact, they were initially trying to force options such as "StarGard GPS" for $1295 and crappy Door Sill PPF for $595. They fought very hard and finally opted to let us buy without it.

But the worst part is after doing research, this isn't just an "Executive Demo" car, but perhaps a Track Experience car that was beat to hell and abused.

The CPO report indicates that after only 4800ish miles, the PCCB front brake pads are at 70% life and the rears are at the minimum acceptable amount before needing replacement - 50%. To me, that's absolutely crazy on a car with regenerative braking and was a huge red flag.

To top it off, the dealership manager has said he "cannot confirm" it was not a Track Experience car and they did buy it from "Porsche in Atlanta".

As you can see from the Carfax, it has zero history prior to 4600ish miles:

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHisto...t3Ns8Jd0bz38z2hm-crHwgNVy98-hqcxeDvvkq9gDfITs

Thoughts?
hi

my Turbo S is a March ‘22, it’s done 33,000 and I’ve driven it in 8 countries in Europe. I have had, and continue to have, a lot of fun in it. In short: I drive it the way it was meant to be. My brakes are at 85% all round.
I hope that helps you steer clear.

OP
OP

xkpgx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 GT3
Country flag
hi

my Turbo S is a March ‘22, it’s done 33,000 and I’ve driven it in 8 countries in Europe. I have had, and continue to have, a lot of fun in it. In short: I drive it the way it was meant to be. My brakes are at 85% all round.
I hope that helps you steer clear.
Wow that's crazy. I figured as much. Whoever bought it, hopefully its good. But for me, and the way I maintain my cars - I couldn't live knowing thousands of people hopped in it and drove it like they stole it for every single mile of its life. For all I know the battery was 50% depleted in it too, the dealership didn't even want to take a photo of the dash and charge stats, let alone give me a battery health report.

Hopefully they found the ideal customer for them, someone who doesn't care about things like that lol
Sponsored