Taycan Turbo - the most problematic car I've ever owned - by far!

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes I think there's a definite issue with this dealer. If I wasn't blindly in love with the car at first sight, I might have had the common sense to run for the hills. I expect everyone gets something wrong every now and then, but I've got definite theme going.

I was told a few conflicting stories before we completed the purchase. I wanted to delay the purchase by 10 days as here in the UK we have a different number plates for different years and it's best to get the newer one. They wouldn't have it and fed me what I suspect was a load of rubbish. They clearly didn't do any pre-sale inspection either. That screen went faulty by the time I got to the end of their road, I turned right around. Those tyres were repeatedly missed, and I suspect the twisted flexi/ The level of service with just about everything else has been quite poor imho.

I suspect the booked in cars also sometimes get, erm... taken out for more than road-tests. When I had my initial problem looked into (the faulty screen) the dealership had it over 2 nights. I ran late on that last night so couldn't pick it up. Like I said I take video evidence of before and afters, so from the vids (removed number plates, for now).

Before I took it in:
BEFORE-REAR - EDITED.jpg

After I picked it up:
AFTER-READ-EDITED.jpg

Before I took it in:
BEFORE-WHEEL AND WHEELARCH.jpg

After I picked it up:
AFTER-WHEELARCH2.jpg

The only wet night was the night I was due to pick it up, but couldn't, so left it with them. I tried to track the car too - that had been disabled and took days to work again. On pick up I queried why it was so dirty and got back that it had just spent the night in the tarmac car park. When I submitted a complaint to the service team (had to chase it) and got "Unfortunately I can not comment on why your vehicle was so dirty all I know is that we have had a lot of dirty rain recently – I know this as I have a black Macan and I am finding it difficult to keep it clean". That's pretty sandy, grassy rain! 🤔

Generally, issues aside I do love the car, the look, the feel, the drive, so it's kind of heart breaking. Just wish the dealer was better and that this car wasn't a complete lemon!

Thanks for your response and love the pic btw - beautiful! :)
One way you can prove they have driven it while it was in their possession is by the trip data. It tells you exactly how many miles driven by day. I also take a screenshot of the mileage of my car when I drop it off to see if it was driven.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo - the most problematic car I've ever owned - by far! IMG_8345
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pook

Pook

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
One way you can prove they have driven it while it was in their possession is by the trip data. It tells you exactly how many miles driven by day. I also take a screenshot of the mileage of my car when I drop it off to see if it was driven.

IMG_8345.png
Yes that's a good idea. I do similar - What I generally do is (more recently while parked up at the Porsche Centre as the backdrop), I take the video of the full exterior, then the interior (had that scratched before, so that was handy) with the system Date/Time up on the console and the mileage. Before and after. They do take up a bit of space over time though, but worth it.

OP
OP
Pook

Pook

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Final update on this one. Due to the ongoing issues and anxiety it was causing I sold it back to the dealership (I felt ethically the better choice. I didn't want to land a private buyer with a lemon. So it's back from whence it came, and be it on their shoulders now).

Final list of issues, new ones/updates in bold.

• Passenger screen faulty on day 1
  • Software issues, bluetooth issues, mostly fixed with updates
  • 4 Recall notices
  • Airconditioner stopped blowing
  • Buzzing noise (booked in 4 times! Still an issue). Eventually managed to find it's coming from mode selector and responding to vibrations coming through the steering wheel. Still ongoing...
  • Spare key went flat after 3 months, then 2 months later, then 3 months after that, and so on (booked in each time). Swapped with main key, and the problem sticks with that particular key. This was eventually resolved over 5 attempts, including dealership booking the car in for 2 days and forgetting to order the part (they told me afterwards)
  • Heater fails (out of commission for 3 months!) required heater unit replacement, scratches to dash following (they have repaired the scratches)
  • Airconditioning fails, required 8 servos replaced
  • Airconditioning stopped blowing again (20 April - 2 months after last fix). Carried out flap motor learn
  • Camera / Roof Console (against the windscreen) rattles constantly (developed since windscreen removed to address above servo/heater replacement)
  • Brakes squealing excessively. This isn't the whine a lot of people get (I get that too), or the odd squeak when braking (normal too), but a loud squeal-stop-squeal-stop-squeal-stop as the wheel turns while driving (not braking) at anything up to about 30 MPH. This was identified as an issue and rear brakes were replaced.
  • Noted during recent service (at a different Porsche dealership) that 3 tyres are NF0, 1 is NA0. They have said that Taycans should be NF0, and 911's should be NA0 rated. Reviewed camera footage (I always video as have had damage done by the Porsche Centre before) and they have always been that way. Also note local dealer has always had them as NF0 on inspection reports (so those reports aren't very thorough!). That's going to be another fight! They have stated that this is normal in earlier models when they weren't fussy about matching them up.
  • Noted during recent service that OSF Brake Pipe Flexi is twisted. Been quoted 165 to get that fixed, but I really think that should be covered by Porsche as I've certainly never removed the calipers (which is apparently how they can become twisted in the first place, watch out for the pipe positioning when refitting). Dealership corrected this

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Colchester, VIN: WP0ZZZY1ZMSA56449
Nightmare, at least you're near the cheapest porsche service centre!

What are you getting instead? I assume not a porker?

OP
OP
Pook

Pook

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Nightmare, at least you're near the cheapest porsche service centre!
Actually, I found Norwich was cheaper for servicing and I don't think they took my car for a rag or scratched it which was a bonus 😁

What are you getting instead? I assume not a porker?
Actually, yes. Call me a sucker but when discussing the sale of my Taycan this was sitting in the showroom and I kinda fell in love

Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo - the most problematic car I've ever owned - by far! 393935953_10159416784421406_6468916181349669147_n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Final update on this one. Due to the ongoing issues and anxiety it was causing I sold it back to the dealership (I felt ethically the better choice. I didn't want to land a private buyer with a lemon. So it's back from whence it came, and be it on their shoulders now).

Final list of issues, new ones/updates in bold.

• Passenger screen faulty on day 1
  • Software issues, bluetooth issues, mostly fixed with updates
  • 4 Recall notices
  • Airconditioner stopped blowing
  • Buzzing noise (booked in 4 times! Still an issue). Eventually managed to find it's coming from mode selector and responding to vibrations coming through the steering wheel. Still ongoing...
  • Spare key went flat after 3 months, then 2 months later, then 3 months after that, and so on (booked in each time). Swapped with main key, and the problem sticks with that particular key. This was eventually resolved over 5 attempts, including dealership booking the car in for 2 days and forgetting to order the part (they told me afterwards)
  • Heater fails (out of commission for 3 months!) required heater unit replacement, scratches to dash following (they have repaired the scratches)
  • Airconditioning fails, required 8 servos replaced
  • Airconditioning stopped blowing again (20 April - 2 months after last fix). Carried out flap motor learn
  • Camera / Roof Console (against the windscreen) rattles constantly (developed since windscreen removed to address above servo/heater replacement)
  • Brakes squealing excessively. This isn't the whine a lot of people get (I get that too), or the odd squeak when braking (normal too), but a loud squeal-stop-squeal-stop-squeal-stop as the wheel turns while driving (not braking) at anything up to about 30 MPH. This was identified as an issue and rear brakes were replaced.
  • Noted during recent service (at a different Porsche dealership) that 3 tyres are NF0, 1 is NA0. They have said that Taycans should be NF0, and 911's should be NA0 rated. Reviewed camera footage (I always video as have had damage done by the Porsche Centre before) and they have always been that way. Also note local dealer has always had them as NF0 on inspection reports (so those reports aren't very thorough!). That's going to be another fight! They have stated that this is normal in earlier models when they weren't fussy about matching them up.
  • Noted during recent service that OSF Brake Pipe Flexi is twisted. Been quoted 165 to get that fixed, but I really think that should be covered by Porsche as I've certainly never removed the calipers (which is apparently how they can become twisted in the first place, watch out for the pipe positioning when refitting). Dealership corrected this
Now that’s an impressive list!!

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Actually, I found Norwich was cheaper for servicing and I don't think they took my car for a rag or scratched it which was a bonus 😁

Actually, yes. Call me a sucker but when discussing the sale of my Taycan this was sitting in the showroom and I kinda fell in love

393935953_10159416784421406_6468916181349669147_n.jpg
Beauty!!

Do you mind sharing the colour of the car ? Thanks!