Zakirp

First Name
Zakir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Porshce Assist been absolute nightmare to deal with, had to arrange my own onward travel with Uber to a wedding from the motorway services, they promised a replacement vehicle via Enterprise, 6 hours later no vehicle, after blowing my top with them, they eventually arranged for a Taxi for me to get home 130 miles away from home, they promised me a replacement vehicle the next morning, after several calls this morning , finally got offered a small Vauxhall as a replacement vehicle, which I happily refused out of principle. The drama continues, absolutely shocking customer service.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Did the car actually break down? That screen is showing a fault, driving still permitted. Still a disappointing thing to happen, especially so early in your ownership experience. Is it a brand new vehicle?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
After a few months mine showed a transmission fault in yellow with adapted driving permitted.
I didn’t use it in case of further damage but couldn’t get a service appointment for 4 weeks. On the way to the service the fault cleared and when I got there they could neither find a fault nor a logged past fault.

It has recurred once since and cleared by a bit of throttle.

Still a mystery.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Sucks to have an early experience malfunction. The Taycan suspension is entirely derivative (mostly from the Panamera) so any issue here would not be novel to the average Porsche tech. You should be back in business without much head scratching.

Good luck 👍

johnarpy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Usually the warnings in yellow mean you can continue to drive car. I'll bet they say it cleared itself and they can't find a fault. Good luck. It's a computer on wheels and sometimes you just have to turn it off and turn it back on.

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Porshce Assist been absolute nightmare to deal with, had to arrange my own onward travel with Uber to a wedding from the motorway services, they promised a replacement vehicle via Enterprise, 6 hours later no vehicle, after blowing my top with them, they eventually arranged for a Taxi for me to get home 130 miles away from home, they promised me a replacement vehicle the next morning, after several calls this morning , finally got offered a small Vauxhall as a replacement vehicle, which I happily refused out of principle. The drama continues, absolutely shocking customer service.
I would do the same as you in this instance, unfortunately there has been a dramatic decline with what some would call customer service in the UK of late, it seems it’s all about the sale now and no inclination to look at after care or repeat custom, as for reputation…….thats all just noise and does not come high in the priority nowadays….all very sad and disappointing ☹

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Usually the warnings in yellow mean you can continue to drive car. I'll bet they say it cleared itself and they can't find a fault. Good luck. It's a computer on wheels and sometimes you just have to turn it off and turn it back on.
Agreed - a lot of these self-clear/reset and can be triggered by all kinds of things including slight voltage fluctuations. Most of the time if you switch off/lock it and return after a few minutes the self-diagnostics on start up/switch on have resolved it. If not then definitely a trip to your OPC.

Even old 911’s used to do something similar - hence the bullet proof reputations …

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Heartbreaking. These cars are SO GOOD when they work. Porsche needs to do better with customer service when things don't work.

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
That’s awful - what is supplying dealer doing?

OP
OP
Zakirp

Zakirp

First Name
Zakir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Initially started flashing red, then the above fault followed, the feel of the drive changed soon as the fault showed up, I did not feel comfortable continuing to drive on the motorway. Car has 500 miles on the clock
After a few months mine showed a transmission fault in yellow with adapted driving permitted.
I didn’t use it in case of further damage but couldn’t get a service appointment for 4 weeks. On the way to the service the fault cleared and when I got there they could neither find a fault nor a logged past fault.

It has recurred once since and cleared by a bit of throttle.

Still a mystery.
Initially it flashed red and ask me to stop, then the yellow warning followed, this made me very uncomfortable to continue, as I had my family in the car and did not want to take any chances on the motorway.
That’s awful - what is supplying dealer doing?
To be honest, the supplying dealer have been really good, during the whole buying process, I informed them on Saturday just before closing time, the gentleman who supplied the car said, a replacement car would be ready for me Monday morning while they investigate what’s gone wrong, fingers crossed 🤞

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
Initially started flashing red, then the above fault followed, the feel of the drive changed soon as the fault showed up, I did not feel comfortable continuing to drive on the motorway. Car has 500 miles on the clock

Initially it flashed red and ask me to stop, then the yellow warning followed, this made me very uncomfortable to continue, as I had my family in the car and did not want to take any chances on the motorway.

To be honest, the supplying dealer have been really good, during the whole buying process, I informed them on Saturday just before closing time, the gentleman who supplied the car said, a replacement car would be ready for me Monday morning while they investigate what’s gone wrong, fingers crossed 🤞
My first Taycan MY 22 4S CT was terrible - must have been a Friday car. Dealer and Porsche eventually replaced and new one Mar 23 has been fault free apart from Dash cam they fitted. Who is your opc ? Good luck!

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I would do the same as you in this instance, unfortunately there has been a dramatic decline with what some would call customer service in the UK of late, it seems it’s all about the sale now and no inclination to look at after care or repeat custom, as for reputation…….thats all just noise and does not come high in the priority nowadays….all very sad and disappointing ☹
The Taycan is my first Porsche.

I love the car and it's been a relatively smooth ownership experience.
But I won't buy another.

Customer service has been worse than all other cars I own/owned.
But when it's combined with the 'Porsche tax' for everything, it just annoys me.

"I'm sorry we can't fix that issue for weeks. You can have a cr@p courtesy car and useless recovery experience. But don't worry, our billing is class leading"

Shame really. But I don't like being mugged off for anything in life.
I believe it used to be very good. Then I thought it was Covid related. But it isn't....its just poor in general.
Sponsored