Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
True, I was waiting for this car ever since I testdrove my MS90D over 4 years ago.
Well, I've been waiting for my first Porsche since I was a little kid 55 years ago... :)

(...and I'm STILL waiting cause its been on a truck somewhere between Houston and Wisconsin going on 5 days now! I'm guessing the driver is suplementing his income by doing DoorDash deliveries on the way up...)
Sponsored

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Well, I've been waiting for my first Porsche since I was a little kid 55 years ago... :)

(...and I'm STILL waiting cause its been on a truck somewhere between Houston and Wisconsin going on 5 days now! I'm guessing the driver is suplementing his income by doing DoorDash deliveries on the way up...)
At least that is a long drive! Mine landed on a port just an hour away from my dealer by truck and it took a week. Then the dealer said, 10 days to hand over the car, because these are the first batch of 4S arrived in the country and they are new to the registration system. Gotta be patient... :)

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
At least that is a long drive! Mine landed on a port just an hour away from my dealer by truck and it took a week. Then the dealer said, 10 days to hand over the car, because these are the first batch of 4S arrived in the country and they are new to the registration system. Gotta be patient... :)
I'm NOT talking about when it "landed on the port". I'm talking about AFTER it got loaded on the truck/transport!

My TurboS arrived at the port (Houston) about 11 days BEFORE it finally got loaded on a truck. Now its been on the truck for ANOTHER 5 days. Still waiting...

taycantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model X, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Glovis Challenge left Benicia 10 hours ago and is loitering in San Francisco Bay. Presumably that means that all cars were unloaded, so now we wait to hear from the dealer...

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
My car is still sitting in Jacksonville awaiting transport.
A special wrinkle for those of us living in FL: most insurance companies won't be writing new policies next week due to tropical storm. Hoping to get my car next week I was able to get coverage today.

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car is still sitting in Jacksonville awaiting transport.
A special wrinkle for those of us living in FL: most insurance companies won't be writing new policies next week due to tropical storm. Hoping to get my car next week I was able to get coverage today.
I guess I’m lucky to have gotten my car so quickly. Took delivery today...

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I guess I’m lucky to have gotten my car so quickly. Took delivery today...
Hal it is time to turn that frown upside down and put a picture up after you have driven the car. First impressions please, the good the bad and the not so ugly. We all know it is a Porsche and that doesn't stand for perfect, it stands for performance. I hope you are enjoying day one and many more to come.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
My dealer just told me my car is being delivered tomorrow along with two other Taycans and a Panamera.

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hal it is time to turn that frown upside down and put a picture up after you have driven the car. First impressions please, the good the bad and the not so ugly. We all know it is a Porsche and that doesn't stand for perfect, it stands for performance. I hope you are enjoying day one and many more to come.
Will do to all requests!!!

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I'm NOT talking about when it "landed on the port". I'm talking about AFTER it got loaded on the truck/transport!

My TurboS arrived at the port (Houston) about 11 days BEFORE it finally got loaded on a truck. Now its been on the truck for ANOTHER 5 days. Still waiting...
I am sorry, my schedule from Porsche does not include this step. Anyway, glad you get the car. Please post pics. :rock:

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am sorry, my schedule from Porsche does not include this step. Anyway, glad you get the car. Please post pics. :rock:
Here are the codes you should look for in your schedule. Everybody should have these although the local port names will be different:

U002 "Entry Port XXXXXX" = When it arrives at your local Port
U003 "Exit Port XXXXXX" = When it gets loaded on a truck to be transported to your dealer
V900 "Dealer Inventory" = When it arrives at your Dealer

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Will do to all requests!!!
Here is my smiling self after driving the car! My first reaction is that the car is unlike any car I’ve ever driven. It’s heavenly to drive. It’s not easy to set up the techie stuff. Waiting to get tech help from the dealer’s techie guy tomorrow...