Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just out of curiosity, where do incomplete cars sit waiting for missing parts/chips ?
Parking lots outside the factory ? If so mine will have spent 2 months out in sun and rain … wondering why I bother leaving my car in a garage…
It does suck, but just for reference the 2021 911s were delayed at the ports awaiting EPA and CARB certification. Early arrivals waited from end of August until November 12 (EPA) and early December (CARB). Of course everyone had the same concern, but reports were that the paint showed no or very minor issues that were easily dealt with by detail shops. Most vulnerable areas (hood, painted areas of roof, top of doors) are covered with the plastic film prior to arrival at the dealership. Mine sat at port for about a month - no issues at all.
Sponsored

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
Salesman just sent me a note that my car's been released and should be at the dealer tomorrow or Sunday, though TYD still says it's Port Processing. ?‍♂

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Could missing parts have arrived at the factory during holidays ? Meaning cars could be released starting next week ?

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Salesman just sent me a note that my car's been released and should be at the dealer tomorrow or Sunday, though TYD still says it's Port Processing. ?‍♂
Did he say what triggered the release? Missing part installed at port or the dealer received the part and will install upon arrival?

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It does suck, but just for reference the 2021 911s were delayed at the ports awaiting EPA and CARB certification. Early arrivals waited from end of August until November 12 (EPA) and early December (CARB). Of course everyone had the same concern, but reports were that the paint showed no or very minor issues that were easily dealt with by detail shops. Most vulnerable areas (hood, painted areas of roof, top of doors) are covered with the plastic film prior to arrival at the dealership. Mine sat at port for about a month - no issues at all.
Did customers get any "discount" taking a MY21 in the last month of the year effectively making it a "year old" a month later?

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did customers get any "discount" taking a MY21 in the last month of the year effectively making it a "year old" a month later?
The MY21s started arriving late August 2020 with deliveries beginning November 2020.

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, and I'm suspicious that it's not actually real.
I'm betting that the dealer is being straight with you. TYD doesn't update in real time of course, but more relevant is the fact that the dealership is notified directly by the port when cars are released and assigned to a truck so they can plan for arrival and dealer prep scheduling.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
I'm betting that the dealer is being straight with you. TYD doesn't update in real time of course, but more relevant is the fact that the dealership is notified directly by the port when cars are released and assigned to a truck so they can plan for arrival and dealer prep scheduling.
I hope you’re right, because Henri looks to be going right over top of Davisville this weekend. Would love it if my car were a couple miles inland when that happens.
Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? MicrosoftTeams-image-32-1

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hope you’re right, because Henri looks to be going right over top of Davisville this weekend. Would love it if my car were a couple miles inland when that happens.
MicrosoftTeams-image-32-1.jpg
Good reason to be hopeful. Will be interested to hear how it plays out for you.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The MY21s started arriving late August 2020 with deliveries beginning November 2020.
My bad. I was thinking MY20 being delivered at the end of the year.

dsak48

First Name
Constantinos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW LEXUS
Country flag
Good afternoon from Greece,

I ordered my CT 4S beginning of July and the dealer informed me that in October we will have a better picture.I will get MY2022 and the delivery is anticipated in Feb/Mar2022...

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What's the status of your car? I see the Siem Aristotle left JAX on the 14th(?).
Still sitting in the port. 3 hours away from me. TYD had it due to my dealer today, then Monday it updated from 8/20 to 9/24/2021! Got my salesman to pull me the internal report. TPSM is the hold up. I wish they would send it to the dealer and they could get my PPF, ceramic, and tint done while we wait on the part.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? Taycanstatus
Sponsored