Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Yes. I believe your car is complete and is ready to ship. You had said you did not think it completed production. That screen is what I had when my car complete production and the next day was transported to Emden. At that time, everything was moving quickly and exactly according to TYD. Once it got to Emden, things slowed. The ship was in port for 10 days, but when it left, TYD was accurate all the way to the port in Jacksonville. Then it updated to 5 weeks later for delivery and has not moved since 8/16
So my car just arrived in Emden port, let's see how many days/weeks it sits here until it gets loaded on the boat and ships out ?

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? received_1146440092547213
Sponsored

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audi Q3, Range R Sport, Mini Cooper
Country flag
You guys in the US are lucky to have the tracking app. We have nothing in the UK… Not even the sellers seem to know what’s going on…

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
You guys in the US are lucky to have the tracking app. We have nothing in the UK… Not even the sellers seem to know what’s going on…
I wonder why they do not offer the app to everyone?

Reactions: B61

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, really strange.

My car is meant to have arrived last weekend a month late, but my dealer can't tell me if it has or hasn't. Strange as other folks o here have screenshots of the cars progress.

Frustrating for sure.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Not only that but some Porsche people have told me it's not even available for all US customers, as they only seem to offer the TYD online tracking for 911 and Taycan customers only. This is my first factory order build so I can't confirm or deny this. ?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Not only that but some Porsche people have told me it's not even available for all US customers, as they only seem to offer the TYD online tracking for 911 and Taycan customers only. This is my first factory order build so I can't confirm or deny this. ?
This is indeed correct AFAIK - was a 911 exclusive until offered to Taycan buyers.

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well we seem to get nothing here in the UK for any car. I’ve had 5 Porsches but usually demonstrators so yeah, my first factory order too…

live in hope! ?

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Placed my order last week with Dec. 3rd delivery date. Any chance I actually receive it in December? Reading through this thread, I am not feeling optimistic.
I ordered mid July and have same delivery date as you, it’s been bumped back once. Good luck! ??

Last edited:

Tay-k

First Name
Tayk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
My car has been in Canada for 5 weeks. No one can tell me where it is or when I will get it. Or how long I'll have to wait for parts to actually finish building the car. I would never be able to pass this type of bs to my clients. If I take a job and commit to finishing it within a certain timeframe I have to do it or there will be consequences. Porsche should stop taking orders if they can't meet objectives. I suppose I also need to grow up.
So when you call up your Porsche dealership where you ordered your Taycan, they tell you "sorry dunno lol" ? Kindly post here what exactly they have told you.

Whether you get your car on time or 3 months delayed, what does it matter? You are one of the blessed people who can afford such a beautiful piece of engineering, in, what are, very troublesome times which have obviously had knock-on effects in various industries (hence the parts/components shortage). You are not alone in this, there are thousands in your situation yet you find the need to start virtue signalling "I would never do this to my clients!"

Stop complaining like a little child "my Porsche is 5 weeks in Canada no one can tell me what's going on". If it hurts that much, tell them you want your 5k deposit back and buy a Tesla.

There are people in the world today who worry how they will foot their medical bills, how they will bridge the gap in earnings in order to pay for their kids tuition, or for some, will they even have enough food till the end of the month. But here we are, brats complaining "Muh Porsche is 5 weeks delayed, MUH PORSCHE".

Perspective.

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So when you call up your Porsche dealership where you ordered your Taycan, they tell you "sorry dunno lol" ? Kindly post here what exactly they have told you.

Whether you get your car on time or 3 months delayed, what does it matter? You are one of the blessed people who can afford such a beautiful piece of engineering, in, what are, very troublesome times which have obviously had knock-on effects in various industries (hence the parts/components shortage). You are not alone in this, there are thousands in your situation yet you find the need to start virtue signalling "I would never do this to my clients!"

Stop complaining like a little child "my Porsche is 5 weeks in Canada no one can tell me what's going on". If it hurts that much, tell them you want your 5k deposit back and buy a Tesla.

There are people in the world today who worry how they will foot their medical bills, how they will bridge the gap in earnings in order to pay for their kids tuition, or for some, will they even have enough food till the end of the month. But here we are, brats complaining "Muh Porsche is 5 weeks delayed, MUH PORSCHE".

Perspective.
Um yeah, perspective. You hit the nail on the head. The folks here who are waiting for expensive cars, this is our perspective however shallow it is.

I think everyone appreciates what’s happened over the last couple of years and the knock on effects. Nobody needs a lecture.

Good news or bad news, people just like to know what is happening and part of the purpose of these forums is to reach out to others that my have some idea, as well as to vent our frustrations together.

So give the guy a break, like all of us, he just wants some idea about what’s going on.

??

Rocky

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, CT4S
Country flag
Um yeah, perspective. You hit the nail on the head. The folks here who are waiting for expensive cars, this is our perspective however shallow it is.

I think everyone appreciates what’s happened over the last couple of years and the knock on effects. Nobody needs a lecture.

Good news or bad news, people just like to know what is happening and part of the purpose of these forums is to reach out to others that my have some idea, as well as to vent our frustrations together.

So give the guy a break, like all of us, he just wants some idea about what’s going on.

??

Tay-k

First Name
Tayk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag

??

Im not thought policing anyone. Vent all you like but keep it real. Giving advice to Porsche that they should stop expecting orders because a Porsche is delayed is just retarded.

Just because you're ordering expensive cars doesn't mean your perspectives should be shallow. If they are, the answer is not "deal with it". Improve as a human being. And don't lump people like me with people like you. There is no "our". People like you are in the minority on this forum.

Yeah I'm lecturing you. Take notes.

Rocky

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, CT4S
Country flag
I think the point being made which, to me, is entirely valid, is that the Porsche communication system without the app stinks. He was not complaining about the wait, just that Porsche are unable to give him sufficient information as to the progress of his substantial order given that they are unlikely to meet their indicated delivery date. Now, if they have no idea when it will be delivered they should at least cough up. This method of business does not change whether others in the world are much less fortunate or not. Most of us cannot operate a business for long without good communication with customers. It is fundamental and the lack of it will not serve Porsche well. Perhaps they don't care because people want their cars however they behave. They should issue the app worldwide but maybe they are afraid of the consequences. Much better to have a grey area! Let's keep the forum friendly, eh?

Tay-k

First Name
Tayk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I think the point being made which, to me, is entirely valid, is that the Porsche communication system without the app stinks. He was not complaining about the wait, just that Porsche are unable to give him sufficient information as to the progress of his substantial order given that they are unlikely to meet their indicated delivery date. Now, if they have no idea when it will be delivered they should at least cough up. This method of business does not change whether others in the world are much less fortunate or not. Most of us cannot operate a business for long without good communication with customers. It is fundamental and the lack of it will not serve Porsche well. Perhaps they don't care because people want their cars however they behave. They should issue the app worldwide but maybe they are afraid of the consequences. Much better to have a grey area! Let's keep the forum friendly, eh?
Porsche has excellent communication and I speak from personal experience. It is possible you have had a bad experience with your dealer who themselves are not following proper Porsche comm guidelines.

I don't understand why people need to keep drawing reference back to their own businesses with nonsensical parallels and virtue signalling about how if Porsche doesn't treat customers well, they won't be around for long. Porsche has built a global brand over almost a century and its not just because of their cars.

There is a huge global component shortage, every company (expensive cars or not) is deeply affected and luxury car makers, a tad bit more.

As to why the app is only rolled out in certain regions; its how most large companies work. There is unlikely a conspiracy theory here as you say, that Porsche wants to keep things in a "grey area" in order not to face the heat from all waiting customers. They are a large, complex organisation and nobody here has a clue on why and how things are done a certain way there. Bottom line is, they are the no.1 brand world wide for cars. History will tell you they do right by the customer and in these very difficult circumstances, will again do right by the customer because its in their DNA.

I don't think asking Porsche to stop accepting orders or virtue signalling that "oh in my business if I don't communicate with clients, it means the end" are valid points. But yeah feel free to keep regurgitating them.

Last edited:

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Im not thought policing anyone. Vent all you like but keep it real. Giving advice to Porsche that they should stop expecting orders because a Porsche is delayed is just retarded.

Just because you're ordering expensive cars doesn't mean your perspectives should be shallow. If they are, the answer is not "deal with it". Improve as a human being. And don't lump people like me with people like you. There is no "our". People like you are in the minority on this forum.

Yeah I'm lecturing you. Take notes.
I think you are missing the point, but in the interest of not turning this into a bun fight of opinions, I’ll leave it there.

You have your views and you are entitled to them just as everyone else is.

So no need to lecture anyone.

It’s not about deposits or the global crisis, everyone just wants to know what’s happening including you or you wouldn’t be in this forum with the title it has of “Porsche Waiting Room.”

So save your lectures for yourself. The point of the forum is to exchange information based on the topic of the thread, and yeah it is a bit frustrating and I’m sure people would take solace in any update, good, bad or indifferent.

it’s communication, and that is irrelevant to what’s happening in the world

Nuff said…
Sponsored