Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

Braveheart

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S on order, Cayenne, Audi Q3 Sportback, Mazda MX5/Miata
Country flag
PS I didn’t go for GAP. Never have. I know it’s piece of mind but it’s literally one insurance after another.
Are you taking the tracker option?

many insurance quote was without having one. The premium for having one is too small a fraction to warrant the cost of taking the tracker.
Porsche tracker PVTS only refuced insurance premium by £79 but costs approx £250 per year and you have to lug around the unwieldy tracker fob
So I insured without the tracker option
Sponsored

HRHTHEO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered- 2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Reached the first milestone which is freeze date today. Delivery is slated for Dec 10th. The only change since placing my order in June & getting an allocation in July has been when I made a change to my spec one week before freeze date. It pushed my freeze date and delivery date out by exactly one week (freeze from Sep 10 to 17 & delivery from Dec 3 to 10).

Curious as to the likelihood of receiving my car by this date, I really would like to have it before the end of year so I can claim my tax rebate this year (with an outside chance of the $7500 rebate going away next year)
My freeze date is September 30. Order date was mid July for a 2022 4s sedan. I made one change early August. Delivery date is showing 12–17-2021 but arrival in country is 12-10. I’ll probably get delivery to the dealer on that day as my dealer is in the same city as the port.

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
Mine seems to be on target so far, as had a production date of today and it just shows as milestones completed. Production completed is showing 10/1 so hoping that happens :), freeze date was Sep 1 and ordered July end.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My freeze date is September 30. Order date was mid July for a 2022 4s sedan. I made one change early August. Delivery date is showing 12–17-2021 but arrival in country is 12-10. I’ll probably get delivery to the dealer on that day as my dealer is in the same city as the port.
Nice - keep us posted on progress, I will do the same. Will be interesting to see whether it stays on schedule or if/when delays pop up. My arrival date at the port and arrival at dealer are the same date on the website. The dealer is about 90 mins away.

StingRe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Reading back on all the back and forth this last week I have some further thoughts and comments as I see both sides.

1. yes we are all lucky to be in this situation, I don’t think that’s ever been questioned.

2. I work in Munich, in the Auto industry running a large technology company so maybe my perspective is relevant to the conversation. I also work closely with Porsche dealers in my role and have a bit to do with the factory.

Porsche are brilliant at hardware engineering. Things you can feel and touch. Aka your car and everything inside it.

However, like most Auto Manufacturers their DNA is changing into a technology company that builds cars. Unlike Tesla that started there. Unfortunately, they simply don’t have the expertise and people to do this very well yet.

Building software is hard, especially if you’ve never really needed to focus on it and as someone who was hunted from the US for my current role building it in Germany is even harder.

Porsche doesn’t have easy access to talent pools from Apple, Google, Like Tesla did which is why you see them lagging in the software support, tracking and communication side of things.

Also, until now, they never really had to because their production was so tightly managed that most buyers were satisfied with a few milestone dates that were generally hit each time.

Enter a world where you can’t build complete cars, you can’t track them properly and you don’t have the consumer facing tools to communicate.

Talking to the factory guys they know they need to improve here and Porsche will respond with the best as they always do. They’ve told me directly that the apps they have now for the most part can’t be trusted.

Right now though, they are just focused on building the cars as best they can and securing supplies of chips. Which I can tell you are being Fedex’d in small boxes for a handful of cars at a time from Asia. This is the point we are at.

So yes, Porsche does need to lift their game, but it’s a muscle they don’t have yet and it’s a tougher one to crack. They were not Tesla that could build this from the ground up which made it much easier. However, I’ve no doubt they will drastically evolve here over the next 5 years.

Until then, I’m left like many of you, contacting my Dealer every couple of weeks for a pretty pointless update.

Fingers crossed my October 19 date sticks this time as I ordered 7th of April.

For now, I have this link to keep me positive.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMGMNTC8

#NeptuneBlue

Have a great weekend everyone.

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audi Q3, Range R Sport, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Added my CT 4S owned by my company but with me as keeper to our domestic Admiral multi car policy without difficulty for less than £500 per year
Took out ALA gap insurance over 4 years too which was also reasonable using promo code MSE25 for 25% off
How much did the GAP cost?

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Reading back on all the back and forth this last week I have some further thoughts and comments as I see both sides.

1. yes we are all lucky to be in this situation, I don’t think that’s ever been questioned.

2. I work in Munich, in the Auto industry running a large technology company so maybe my perspective is relevant to the conversation. I also work closely with Porsche dealers in my role and have a bit to do with the factory.

Porsche are brilliant at hardware engineering. Things you can feel and touch. Aka your car and everything inside it.

However, like most Auto Manufacturers their DNA is changing into a technology company that builds cars. Unlike Tesla that started there. Unfortunately, they simply don’t have the expertise and people to do this very well yet.

Building software is hard, especially if you’ve never really needed to focus on it and as someone who was hunted from the US for my current role building it in Germany is even harder.

Porsche doesn’t have easy access to talent pools from Apple, Google, Like Tesla did which is why you see them lagging in the software support, tracking and communication side of things.

Also, until now, they never really had to because their production was so tightly managed that most buyers were satisfied with a few milestone dates that were generally hit each time.

Enter a world where you can’t build complete cars, you can’t track them properly and you don’t have the consumer facing tools to communicate.

Talking to the factory guys they know they need to improve here and Porsche will respond with the best as they always do. They’ve told me directly that the apps they have now for the most part can’t be trusted.

Right now though, they are just focused on building the cars as best they can and securing supplies of chips. Which I can tell you are being Fedex’d in small boxes for a handful of cars at a time from Asia. This is the point we are at.

So yes, Porsche does need to lift their game, but it’s a muscle they don’t have yet and it’s a tougher one to crack. They were not Tesla that could build this from the ground up which made it much easier. However, I’ve no doubt they will drastically evolve here over the next 5 years.

Until then, I’m left like many of you, contacting my Dealer every couple of weeks for a pretty pointless update.

Fingers crossed my October 19 date sticks this time as I ordered 7th of April.

For now, I have this link to keep me positive.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMGMNTC8

#NeptuneBlue

Have a great weekend everyone.
I appreciate this "insider" perspective, and it all makes perfect sense to me. Thanks for sharing. Also, your build looks to be well worth waiting for! :)

Braveheart

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S on order, Cayenne, Audi Q3 Sportback, Mazda MX5/Miata
Country flag
How much did the GAP cost?
The “Back to Invoice Plus” GAP insurance for 4 years cover was a total of £416.25 using the discount code
As I recall the dealership quote was £1279.00 for 3 years cover
Hope that helps you decide

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The “Back to Invoice Plus” GAP insurance for 4 years cover was a total of £416.25 using the discount code
As I recall the dealership quote was £1279.00 for 3 years cover
Hope that helps you decide
That’s cool thanks ??

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dave - I’ve just got my 4 year GAP insurance for £199 on the 4S I’m having on a business contract hire. Effectively its £1 per week so hopefully not going to break the bank……
OMG. That’s cheap. Who was that with?

I’m picking my Turbo up on Wednesday seen it already, so am getting excited now. I can’t imagine it will be much more than the 4S?

mines PCP but again shouldn’t make any difference.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Thank you. And thanks for the enjoyable banter along the way ??
Are you close to getting yours?
Back atcha! TYD says 73 days...which would put me getting it right before my bday weekend... however, its only been delayed once (by 14 days) so far, therefore I don't have the highest hopes of it making in in on that delivery date. haha
In the meantime, I am doing my best to just enjoy the anticipation and learning all I can in advance of ownership, while trying not to drive my wife absolutely nuts. ;)

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Back atcha! TYD says 73 days...which would put me getting it right before my bday weekend... however, its only been delayed once (by 14 days) so far, therefore I don't have the highest hopes of it making in in on that delivery date. haha
In the meantime, I am doing my best to just enjoy the anticipation and learning all I can in advance of ownership, while trying not to drive my wife absolutely nuts. ;)
Yeah well the waiting is tough. I was on when I knew it was going to be months it’s when it should be here and it is t, that was the hard part.
My original order was destined for September but then got pushed out to next year! Dealer told me all there cars were cancelled. So I luckily managed to get an almost same spec cancellation that was built in July and just got delivered last Thursday to the dealer. So will pick up tomorrow and I’m excited. I can’t hide that ha ha.
Got a motorway trip planned for Monday and my wife’s says we’ll take her car… Really! ? ?
Sponsored