CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
How do I undertake a launch control start please? Do I put foot on brake and accelerator at the same time and release the brake or stop and press hard on the accelerator?
Sponsored

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Put the car in sport or sport plus mode. Push the brake all the way down and then the accelerator all the way down. You will hear two beeps to indicate you are in launch control mode, and then release the brake. Be sure your head is all the way back in the seat! Enjoy!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
CarolineK

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Put the car in sport or sport plus mode. Push the brake all the way down and then the accelerator all the way down. You will here to beeps to indicate you are in launch control, and then release the brake. Be sure your head is all the way back in the seat! Enjoy!!
Thanks Dave. Will try the next time the roads are dry!

OP
OP
CarolineK

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
And make sure there is nothing in your way for a long way. Obstacles / turns in distant view will be closer than you think sooner than you think.
Definitely waiting until the roads are dry! ?

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
Definitely waiting until the roads are dry! ?
The car won't put you in a ditch if it is wet. The Taycan is amazing at putting down power in low friction situations. (My street has been a sheet of ice for much of the last two months.) As said above, the car accelerates so hard that you want a lot of space around you and you want to be very aware of your surroundings. That really is the main thing.

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
The car won't put you in a ditch if it is wet. The Taycan is amazing at putting down power in low friction situations. (My street has been a sheet of ice for much of the last two months.) As said above, the car accelerates so hard that you want a lot of space around you and you want to be very aware of your surroundings. That really is the main thing.
Cant agree more.. dont be this guy...