Tesla App De-Emphasizing Magic Docks?

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Anybody used the Tesla App to locate/initiate charging via the CCS Magic Dock in recent days? The app experience for searching has changed. Now it's asking to enter vehicle make/model (Porsche is not an option) whereas Ford, VW and other models are. Entering model as VW ID.4 and searching for a known Magic Dock location shows "No chargers within range" - although I can manually select the Brewster location. I'm worried that there is no longer a way to initiate CCS Magic Dock charging. Eager to hear if anybody has navigate this successfully...
Sponsored

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
Anybody used the Tesla App to locate/initiate charging via the CCS Magic Dock in recent days? The app experience for searching has changed. Now it's asking to enter vehicle make/model (Porsche is not an option) whereas Ford, VW and other models are. Entering model as VW ID.4 and searching for a known Magic Dock location shows "No chargers within range" - although I can manually select the Brewster location. I'm worried that there is no longer a way to initiate CCS Magic Dock charging. Eager to hear if anybody has navigate this successfully...
I hope nothing has changed regarding access to Magic Dock locations. I'm traveling this weekend and using one on the route would avoid a truly poor EA location. I just used the app to look at the station and nothing seems to have changed. Showed 10 of 12 stalls available, did not ask for anything vehicle specific just select "charge here", then "Undock & Choose Post Number". Only Magic Dock stations showed up on a geographic search. But ... the first page (Charge your EV) did have a line stating "Welcome to the network Ford Drivers". No Magic Dock locations close enough to test.

Locations shown on the app are the same as the website when filtering for only "Superchargers open to other EVs". I could open a charging session without any vehicle info. Seems like it would have allowed my to charge had I been at the location.

Last edited:
OP
OP
satchurator

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
From past Magic Dock charging experiences, IIRC there was a dedicated flow in the context of having a CCS vehicle that caused the MagicDock to unlock instead of only releasing the NACS connector. Perhaps that still happens at the moment of initiating charge but the app experience seems to have changed. I wouldn't want to gamble on it during a roadtrip - hence my asking the community here.

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
The Weissach is an extreme embarrassment for Tesla. Not to mention the exposed fraud of the Cybertruck not actually beating a 911 in the 1/4 mile. Elon probably said "don't list Porsche." Just set your car to Volkswagen and choose ID4 and 2022, and you will see the magic docks.

OP
OP
satchurator

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
I'm not at Brewster to be able to test this, but by recentering the search and manually selecting Brewster, there is language "Undock and choose post number" and "press and hold the button on the handle for 2 seconds to unlock the adapter". So sounds like MagicDock is still in play but the experience has been eclipsed by support for new NACS partners.
Porsche Taycan Tesla App De-Emphasizing Magic Docks? 1710383020558-vo

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
nothing magical about elon or his docks. what you are experiencing is part of the process....

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Okay strange. When I do that in the northeast I see the ones in CT and NY.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
I was noticing the same problem as the OP. I just updated the Tesla app and now it is working as it used to. The Magic Dock chargers show up with (other) vehicle selected.
Sponsored