Showders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Was out and about in Birmingham yesterday and thought I’d have a go trying to charge on a Tesla supercharger! Sure I read an article that said some might work? No joy and they have the shortest cables I’ve ever seen! Tesla owners must have to park perfectly to take a charge!

Porsche Taycan Tesla charger fail 4A76F13F-C178-4858-ABA2-22945B7BAC6D
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Tesla owners “back” into super chargers - and with “enhanced autopilot” or “full self driving” the car will do it for you…

it’s actually pretty easy to “park perfectly” the backup camera on Tesla’s is pretty good, and lacks the extreme distortion on the Taycan…

I’ve been doing it for years…

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
Was out and about in Birmingham yesterday and thought I’d have a go trying to charge on a Tesla supercharger! Sure I read an article that said some might work? No joy and they have the shortest cables I’ve ever seen! Tesla owners must have to park perfectly to take a charge!

4A76F13F-C178-4858-ABA2-22945B7BAC6D.jpeg
the wires can be 50 feet long, that taycan will never charge at that or any supercharger

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
the wires can be 50 feet long, that taycan will never charge at that or any supercharger
Kort, there is some confusion about this in UK/EU, take a look here. Some has to do with EU compatibility directives (Teslas do not use proprietary charging plugs there) and because Elon Musk, as he tends to do, spread more misinformation with a comment about how super chargers are now accessible in a “low-key” way.

Non-Tesla Electric Cars Can Now Charge For Free On Some European Tesla Superchargers

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/09/1...or-free-on-some-european-tesla-superchargers/

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
It is just a matter of time. 100% superchargers will be open to everyone. At least in Europe.
What makes you so certain about this? I would also hope that this will be true some day, but I think it simply is a question about money and an agreement.

Perhaps this will be reflected the same way as Tesla owners having the possibility to use Ionity chargers. However when a Tesla charges at Ionity the rate will be about 0.79 Euro per kWh vs Tesla supercharger 0.30 Euro per kWh! Ionity pricing for Taycan is 0.33 Euro per kWh at the moment.

It would be fantastic if an agreement for using Tesla Superchargers could be reached, but so far I have not heard about such a development
Sponsored