First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '21 Taycan, '19 Cayenne. '20 580S
Country flag
I just took delivery of my 21 Cherry Metallic beauty

Question - i ordered the thermal/ noise insulated windows (and it shows on sticker). But, the windows seem to be a normal single pane window - is this correct ?
Sponsored

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I just took delivery of my 21 Cherry Metallic beauty

Question - i ordered the thermal/ noise insulated windows (and it shows on sticker). But, the windows seem to be a normal single pane window - is this correct ?
No, it’s not right..

i have the insulated and tinted Windows as Well, and it’s quite obvious that its double glass with insulated core..

will take a couple of pictures for you..

OP
OP

babaloo

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '21 Taycan, '19 Cayenne. '20 580S
Country flag
i guess i have the same windows - expected a bit thicker . thank you

tez1

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
Here is my front and rear door Windows

13D0BEB3-40DC-430D-97A9-8E1CA4528E82.jpeg

616A36D2-230D-4DFB-B3FB-5DCEBD116C4F.jpeg
May I ask, would you get the noise reduction windows again? Do they really make enough difference to earn their place? Thanks.

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
May I ask, would you get the noise reduction windows again? Do they really make enough difference to earn their place? Thanks.
To me yes..

one Thing is the wind noise when traveling fast, here is it quite noticeable I think - ex. when going 100 km/h and accelerate to 150 km/h to overtake someone (again), the increase in wind noise is barely noticeable..

But also the comfort in winter when the glass is not a cold as regular glass. I don’t know if it matters in regards to the fogging windows problem, but I have zero issues in this regard..

just got my car in December, so I have no summer driving experience, but I would assume, that heat and sunlight also would be reduced - meaning you would spend less juice cooling the cabin, and better ride comfort..

but it is ofcourse always a matter of personal opinion - would I buy again? Yes...

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
yes - and I’ve ordered them on my next porsche - expected in May of 2021 - if I can I’ll never have one without them again.

Kryptos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
yes - and I’ve ordered them on my next porsche - expected in May of 2021 - if I can I’ll never have one without them again.
Are the issues with radar/laser detector functionality through the insulated glass real? Seems like a significant downside if so.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Kryptos yes there are - there is some “cut out” in the windshield near the rear-view mirror that is more friendly to external signals - anyone wishing to run a radar detector or other such devices must place the detector in the designated area to obtain the best signal - or invest in an advanced “external” radar setup with external sensors…

my personal opinion I don’t consider radar detector interference a major issue for a decision on this feature - for normal legal use the glass is a slam dunk win and pays dividends during the entire ownership period of the vehicle with quiet and comfortable cabin isolated from the extremes of the outside world - there are few options available that have such a tangible benefit on a daily basis (seriously the nigh-time pedestrian targeting system?? otherwise known as night vision - it’s only used at night)

SIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11,F430, TR6
Country flag
I was told by my local dealer that although there is a "cut out" for an EZ Pass transponder, they are experiencing problems, and the units are not being read properly. I want to order thermally insulated glass on my upcoming order, but have concerns with this. Does any one have any experience with this issue?

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Are the issues with radar/laser detector functionality through the insulated glass real? Seems like a significant downside if so.
Yes there are issues with radar/laser detector functionality if you have the insulated glass. It was the biggest reason I did not get the insulated glass. I also don't need to run a front license plate, so I would have similar problems trying to use a toll transponder on the windshield. The small cutout is too small for both a detector and the transponder. @evanevery has some terrific custom 3D printed mounts if you have the insulated glass which you can find in the Modifications and Customizations part of the forum.

The Taycan is a relatively quiet car especially coming from the ICE world. My biggest issue was with the heat in the summer time with the regular glass. I installed nano ceramic film to the side, rear and front glass. There is no metal in the film so the detector and transponder still work. The high Infrared heat rejection in the nano ceramic film makes a huge difference in the summer.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was told by my local dealer that although there is a "cut out" for an EZ Pass transponder, they are experiencing problems, and the units are not being read properly. I want to order thermally insulated glass on my upcoming order, but have concerns with this. Does any one have any experience with this issue?
wouldn't care if I were you - most of these transponder companies have camera backup for billing and if you're customer with a registered account you do not get any penalty if the transponder doesn't work - but that's just my $0.02

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Anyone know if the rear glass is thermally insulated as well, or only the side and glass roof?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC

ct-andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT (eta Feb)
Country flag
I was told only side windows are fitted with insulated glass.
Front and rear shares the same part number with non insulated glass.
Sponsored