Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I have the Thermally and Noise Insulated Glass on my 2022 Cross Turismo and I have not experienced the mobile phone issues others have described.
Do you have glass or metal roof?

It was never conclusive, but I still suspect the issue is more prevalent with the metal roof.

I continue to have issues with my car - TNI glass and metal roof. In our garage, we have to roll a window down to get any service. It’s not that way for any other car. And the service is just generally worse as we drive around. We do sometimes have to roll windows down for service while driving. Again, not in any other car.

PSUEric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti G37S Coupe, 2015 Toyota Highlander
Country flag
2024 CT 4 with thermal glass and glass roof. No issues with cell reception. Wonder if the metal roof has an effect.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag

It was never conclusive, but I still suspect the issue is more prevalent with the metal roof.

I continue to have issues with my car - TNI glass and metal roof. In our garage, we have to roll a window down to get any service. It’s not that way for any other car. And the service is just generally worse as we drive around. We do sometimes have to roll windows down for service while driving. Again, not in any other car.
I have the ally roof and insulated glass and haven’t had a problem with signal.

I don’t use Apple Carplay though so my phone connects to the car, don’t know if that makes a difference.

I haven’t noticed a difference between Taycan and our Prius, which has metal roof but ordinary glass.

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
I have the glass panoramic roof, which came standard with the Cross Turismo (I did not want the glass roof, but unfortuantely for me, the metal roof wasn't an option in the US).

I'm also using 2 Vantrue E1 dashcams - One for the front windshield and one for the rear. The Vantrue dashcams have no issue getting a GPS signal and the corrrect GPS coordinates are displayed with each video clip.

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Totally agree with you. I have the insulated noise & thermal glass and when I switched to my winter set (from 21summer to 20winter) I noticed a big difference in comfort & road noise.

But I like my 21set so I'm looking forward switching them soon :)

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
I have the fancy glass and the 21” wheels. For the glass, I actually value the thermal properties most…especially in summer. The noise reduction properties are not significant enough for me to have bought it for this property solely. For the wheels, I love the 21” so much, that I intentionally gave up some comfort for them. That said, with air suspension on the CT, the ride comfort is still really good.
Yep, if u need to get 20 inch for comfort then mind as well just get a different car. Such a waste of money.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
Totally agree with you. I have the insulated noise & thermal glass and when I switched to my winter set (from 21summer to 20winter) I noticed a big difference in comfort & road noise.

But I like my 21set so I'm looking forward switching them soon :)
So practically bought a car for half of a year. I just bought 21 winter tires for my 21 inch rims. I bought the CT just to have an All Seasons car.

OP
OP

ct4s

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S
Country flag
I have the Thermally and Noise Insulated Glass on my 2022 Cross Turismo and I have not experienced the mobile phone issues others have described.
Same here - phone reception seems good.

I do find the DAB reception far worse than my last car, and worse than all cars I've had for the past 10 years. No idea if the glass plays a part in this.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 C8 Z06, 2024 iX M60
Country flag
As one who likes tinted windows (20 or 35 VLT depending on the vehicle), and as no Porsche privacy class option is offered at this time in the US, and lastly the factory standard glass is not tinted enough for my wife and me, we have decided considering all to get aftermarket tinting after reading all the above posts and considering our somewhat unique circumstances.

On a Cross Turismo, we will have every window except the windshield and the roof done. While we do not live in a hot climate, the cost when getting tinted windows with 3M’s ceramic top quality heat-rejecting ceramic is not much more than regular (non-ceramic) tinting.

As we are going with 20” wheels, after reading all the above, we going to forego the $ 1,130 thermal/acoustical class option, instead getting 3M VLT 15 best-ceramic tinting they offer at $685 total price installed by my local, super high-quality tinter. We realize it won’t be as fully quiet, but since we live and travel mostly in country areas…., balancing all the above, especially since we are going to need to tint them anyway, is how/why we came to the right conclusion for us.

As always, YMMV.
Sponsored