This is really painful... crashed my Taycan into a cement pillar

Cv009900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Had a similar issue a year ago. Took them about 2 weeks to get the parts and had it fixed in a week.

I can confirm that while this does suck don’t worry about it too much :), as long as you take it to a Porsche certified collision center they will get you all fixed up. Won’t be able to tell the difference ;)

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Queen City in Redmond is the only place to go. They’ll get all OEM parts and match the paint perfectly. They do most of the super high end cars in the area and are very nice and responsive.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
As a silver lining it looks like it only impacted the door panel, so at least it's only 1 replacement panel vs 2 if you had hit the fender too
+2

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Took my '22 Taycan into the dealer to have a tire leak repaired and while there a delivery truck backed into the trunk lid. Of course the dealer took care of it. I have had so many bad luck stores with people crashing into my cars. Handed over my 2017 BMW 5 to a 5 star hotel valet and the next morning the car had the whole passenger door bashed in. I could go on and on. You will never know it happened when the shop repairs the damange.

jenzfc

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Polestar 2
Country flag
I made a big mistake today. Crashed my Taycan into a cement pillar while backing out of a parking spot. It really hurts to see this much damage on my beautiful car.

I live in the greater Seattle area. Any recommendations on a repair shop, or should I reach out to the collision center at the local Porsche dealership ?

tempImagexRRjSc.png

tempImageDzO8J4.png
the door shell replacement is not that big of a deal, you replace it and blend adjacent panels. I'm more concerned about the aperture panel, is there damage under the door? by the hinge pillar or rocker panel? that could be bad oif there is.

OP
OP

devs1791

First Name
Arunabha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
the door shell replacement is not that big of a deal, you replace it and blend adjacent panels. I'm more concerned about the aperture panel, is there damage under the door? by the hinge pillar or rocker panel? that could be bad oif there is.
The rocker panel looks fine.
I’m not sure about the hinge pillar. It’s difficult to say just looking at it.

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
When I was younger I did something similar when living in the corner of a condo complex. Pulled my car out to wash it and parked it parallel to my garage door. I figured I could move it a bit closer to give folks room to drive... of course I crunch it into the garage door framing. Straight up just didn't look :facepalm:. I put a fun band aid decal on it until it was repaired.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I've driven some tricky and unusual roads these past 8 months in various countries. I've done a lot of driving in countries that drive on either side of the road. In many different hire cars. Mountain driving, lots of different weather conditions. Busy city driving with very steep and tight roads.

Lots of car paks, many multi-storey.

Not a scratch.

And then it had to happen.

Hired an SUV for a big trip where I drove some 2,500KM. After that, on a half-asleep drive to the airport at 4.30am, I try to navigate the tight turn of my underground apartment parking. I've navigated that same corner with ease.

But not on that morning.

Turn in too close to the metal wall of the ramp that goes up to the exit. Didn't check my nearside mirror.

Put multiple nasty scratches down the edge of the rear passenger door about an inch long. Scraped the paint off.

What's even more humiliating for me is the car is brand new. I am the first person to drive it.

Whenever I get a hire car, and I see scratches and dents, I always think to myself: "How did that moron drive the car so badly?"

Well, I am now that moron.

What is even more annoying is it was so avoidable.

Hopefully my UK hire car insurance will cover me, but my security deposit with the hire car firm is now vapourised when I (sheepishly) hand the car back this Sunday.

I suppose it happens, but that is some nasty damage to your Taycan. Hope you get it fixed and your insurance covers you.

Last edited:

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 CTS-V Wagon (M6), 928S4
Country flag
My business partner makes fun of how slowly I back into my parking space in the garage at our office--it is primarily because I fear the sneaky columns! Part of it is also that I am a boater and that's how I pull my boat into and out of the slip, carefully!
Sponsored