Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I have no idea what BAR settings are. I am running 44 in the rear and 38 in the front. Want to see how range is affected- was running 38 rear and 35 front previously
I also increased my tire pressure to 41/39 psi and achieved a better range in the process. If 3.0 bar is 44 psi, running higher pressures than 3.0 bar seems very high indeed.
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
For what it is worth: I just picked up my Taycan 4S (19 inch wheels with all-season tires) from the dealer after a successful WMA5/7 upgrade and I noticed that the technicians there had adjusted my tire pressure to 42 psi in front and 40 psi in the rear.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
For what it is worth: I just picked up my Taycan 4S (19 inch wheels with all-season tires) from the dealer after a successful WMA5/7 upgrade and I noticed that the technicians there had adjusted my tire pressure to 42 psi in front and 40 psi in the rear.
Unless you're going for the "fuel" efficiency that's way too high. Ride will be harsher, tires will wear at center, traction will suffer, tires more likely to bubble. Part load for that spec is 36/32, full load is 39/38. I run 37/34, after experimenting with higher which was too harsh for me.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
3.2 bar at 5°C is not bad, should give you good range.

Porsche Taycan Tire pressure 20210409_171809

I see up to 3.2 bar, when it is really hot!

I also agree, that the car gets slightly less comfortable with high tire pressure, but it still handles very well!

For long range high way driving, pump it up to get the range, for bumpy city driving let some air out.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
3.2 bar at 5°C is not bad, should give you good range.

20210409_171809.jpg

I see up to 3.2 bar, when it is really hot!

I also agree, that the car gets slightly less comfortable with high tire pressure, but it still handles very well!

For long range high way driving, pump it up to get the range, for bumpy city driving let some air out.
I went down to 2.8 now. What I gathered from others here it might be close to what Porsche thinks fits the Taycan.

Another thing: why does the front need more pressure than the back? Isn't it with ICE that the weight of the engine demands that? I thought with the all wheel EV it should be even.

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
44 PSI is 3.0 Bar.
Why are you running higher pressure in the rear?
Have you switched to summer tyres yet? I have a bit of a road trip to Locarno and back via Andermatt and itching to get the black 21in wheels on my car... But we're still getting snow showers up here in Anniviers so may be a bit premature.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Have you switched to summer tyres yet? I have a bit of a road trip to Locarno and back via Andermatt and itching to get the black 21in wheels on my car... But we're still getting snow showers up here in Anniviers so may be a bit premature.
I just got the car not even a month ago. So I am on the standard summer tires that came with the car. I think in the next 1-2 weeks you should switch to summer. We should have proper spring weather by end of April (hopefully).

OP
OP
SwissTaycan

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Yup on summer tires on 7.4 the day we got 5 cm of snow! Think next week we are finally in Spring?
Sponsored