Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross turismo 4s
Country flag
Jagman - this is very good to know.
mine is on the 21s with Pirelli elect

I did speak with customer service at Pirelli today and they pointed me back to Porsche to get the tracking checked.
I fear the buck may get passed around a few times on this one…

Dealership suggested it’s possible that this is normal wear for a sports car.
Sponsored

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
Go online and read through the warranty from Pirelli for your specific model of tire. That’ll give you some idea of what normal wear should look like. The “it’s a sports car, they all wear like that!” Is not very helpful.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I attach the document from Porsche that I use as the definitive recommended pressures for each Taycan model and tire combination.

Attachments

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Jagman - this is very good to know.
mine is on the 21s with Pirelli elect

I did speak with customer service at Pirelli today and they pointed me back to Porsche to get the tracking checked.
I fear the buck may get passed around a few times on this one…

Dealership suggested it’s possible that this is normal wear for a sports car.
Tell dealership to look at the rears and then reconsider their ridiculous position. There's clearly an issue with the front tires that has nothing to do with you. 911s will chew rear tires if you drive them hard but there's no way your fronts should be wearing so much more than your rears unless you're hauling cement blocks in the frunk.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Search on the forum for the cost of getting the tracking adjusted on your car. It won't make you smile I'm afraid, they have to take the things to bits to do it!

n.b. Most people who get problems report excessive wear on inside of the tyres btw.

OP
OP
Andrewk

Andrewk

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross turismo 4s
Country flag
Search on the forum for the cost of getting the tracking adjusted on your car. It won't make you smile I'm afraid, they have to take the things to bits to do it!
I got the quote 🥹
Hopefully I ll get this looked at under warranty,
Two new tyres and 5 1/2 hours labour otherwise.
IMO It’s 100 percent the state the car was delivered in, it’s been driven carefully by me since delivery.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got the quote 🥹
Hopefully I ll get this looked at under warranty,
Two new tyres and 5 1/2 hours labour otherwise.
IMO It’s 100 percent the state the car was delivered in, it’s been driven carefully by me since delivery.
Yep, but good luck with that - 'Sir must have hit a speed bump very hard'. If nothing else hopefully they'll wear the labour and just charge you for the tyres.

FWIW my CT4S lives in London too. 20 inch wheels. Done about 9k miles, 60% around town / 40% motorway I'd guess. Tyre wear is even and plenty left all around.

Maybe you should run yours in the lowest suspension setting - apparently that's what eats the inside of the tyres - even yours up a bit!

OP
OP
Andrewk

Andrewk

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross turismo 4s
Country flag
Yep, but good luck with that - 'Sir must have hit a speed bump very hard'. If nothing else hopefully they'll wear the labour and just charge you for the tyres.

FWIW my CT4S lives in London too. 20 inch wheels. Done about 9k miles, 60% around town / 40% motorway I'd guess. Tyre wear is even and plenty left all around.

Maybe you should run yours in the lowest suspension setting - apparently that's what eats the inside of the tyres - even yours up a bit!
🤣

it’s a minefield(London’s literally hit and miss on the pot hole front - I’m especially careful to drive round, them on my 21’s)
If run low you risk bottoming out on speed bumps and if you run high and…..well you get the point.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good luck with your negotiations.
Sponsored