MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
So, saloon or estate (sedan or station wagon 😉)?

One of the reasons for opting for the CT was the extra room which made it a more practical alternative to having a saloon + another vehicle for moving more bulky stuff.

Well, I’ve just packed the winter wheels (20”) inside the car for fitting tomorrow and…….there’s plenty of room which will allow for bringing the 21” wheels back home as well.

Anyone able to burst my bubble by telling me you can get them inside the saloon/sedan just as easy lol.:oops::facepalm:;)

Porsche Taycan To boot (trunk) or not. 9F7A8F29-C987-4D4D-8D13-20CE46D94CCF

Porsche Taycan To boot (trunk) or not. BCBCF7C7-B35C-4FE9-8882-72D1EEF96EDA

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

One of the reasons for opting for the CT was the extra room which made it a more practical alternative to having a saloon + another vehicle for moving more bulky stuff.

Well, I’ve just packed the winter wheels (20”) inside the car for fitting tomorrow and…….there’s plenty of room which will allow for bringing the 21” wheels back home as well.

Anyone able to burst my bubble by telling me you can get them inside the saloon/sedan just as easy lol.:oops::facepalm:;)

9F7A8F29-C987-4D4D-8D13-20CE46D94CCF.jpeg

BCBCF7C7-B35C-4FE9-8882-72D1EEF96EDA.jpeg
No idea - never bother with winter tyres in UK.

Tempted to say 'yes' they'd fit in the saloon - with a small degree of tetris kung-fu.

j.w.s

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2024 Rivian R1S
Country flag
So the Porsche wheel bags have little icons to indicate the location of each wheel - front left, front right, etc. I did not know that, and I think it's very cool.

But yes, I can't imagine the gymnastics required to fit winter wheels in the sedan cabin

OP
OP
MrBlueSky

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
No idea - never bother with winter tyres in UK.
I’d say that the majority don’t bother in the UK? I put winters on all my cars as a combination of cold temperatures and untreated roads mean getting up to my house can be a bit of drag more often than not.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I’d say that the majority don’t bother in the UK? I put winters on all my cars as a combination of cold temperatures and untreated roads mean getting up to my house can be a bit of drag more often than not.
I have winters on mine. Can I ask why you're fitting yours right now? I was almost wishing I had my summers on this weekend, they're scheduled to go back on mid-March.

I can't see those wheels fitting without significantly squashing trim pieces, the ST/CT are so much more practical.

OP
OP
MrBlueSky

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Only picked the car up last week and this is the first chance. Temperatures are pretty low here at the moment and we regularly get a bit of snow/ice well into March. I’d normally have them fitted from November/December (ish)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I’d say that the majority don’t bother in the UK?
The vast majority IME.

I didn’t until I drove a company car in winter on summer then winter tyres and immediately ordered winter tyre/wheel sets for my own car and have used them decades now.
Braking on cold wet roads Is the most obvious gain in practice IME, the extra traction and cornering grip aren’t used as often.

I didn’t try to get my 21” wheels back in one journey though…

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
Anyone able to burst my bubble by telling me you can get them inside the saloon/sedan just as easy lol.:oops::facepalm:
No...can't say that. I can swap winter/summer wheels/tires in about ten minutes using a floor jack and air impact wrench in my garage though.

OP
OP
MrBlueSky

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
The vast majority IME.

I didn’t until I drove a company car in winter on summer then winter tyres and immediately ordered winter tyre/wheel sets for my own car and have used them decades now.
Braking on cold wet roads Is the most obvious gain in practice IME, the extra traction and cornering grip aren’t used as often.

I didn’t try to get my 21” wheels back in one journey though…
That has been my experience as well. Even if I get I get up the hills, it's definitely being able to brake going down them that counts more.

I'll let you know how I get on (or otherwise) with moving the 21".

OP
OP
MrBlueSky

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
No...can't say that. I can swap winter/summer wheels/tires in about ten minutes using a floor jack and air impact wrench in my garage though.
Fair point. I'm happy to work on my motorbikes but leave the cars to others. Strange (?) but true.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag

9F7A8F29-C987-4D4D-8D13-20CE46D94CCF.jpeg

BCBCF7C7-B35C-4FE9-8882-72D1EEF96EDA.jpeg
Practicality is part of WAGON LIFE…aka WGN LYF 🙂
Porsche Taycan To boot (trunk) or not. CAA315DF-AEB3-425C-A79C-200E6263FC3E

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If it's possible, it's beyond my level of tetris kung-fu.
Perhaps if you are willing to have one banging around in front, sitting on the front passenger seat.
No way you are doing all that without damaging the interior.

Edit - I've tried and abandoned the idea.

OP
OP
MrBlueSky

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
That has been my experience as well. Even if I get I get up the hills, it's definitely being able to brake going down them that counts more.

I'll let you know how I get on (or otherwise) with moving the 21".
Apols for the delay but the wheel change took a bit longer than anticipated due to faulty TPMS. In addition, I’ve just been recalled back to work early so will only ‘enjoy’ the 20” winters for two weeks! :headbang: :facepalm: :CWL:

Still, I’ll get a little bit of comparison time at least and better grip as the temperature drops in the coming days.

Frank (@f1eng), I’m happy to confirm that you can indeed get all four 21” wheels with tyres into the back of the CT.👍

OP
OP
MrBlueSky

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Well, although not quite in the same league as @tigerbalm recent adventure, the recent snow allowed me to give the Winters a pretty decent run out. They definitely made a positive difference and created a more confident driving experience in the hills where I live.

Porsche Taycan To boot (trunk) or not. BFEC0F21-28D8-43C2-8AC4-60EC91039DC2

Porsche Taycan To boot (trunk) or not. 4B57D6AF-571A-494B-899A-65B18961DE37

Porsche Taycan To boot (trunk) or not. 23D3360C-44A5-43E6-9FDC-7A95FFB42AFB

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
A buying point for the Taycan saloon for us was the similarities in silhouette to the 911.
Having the extra space in the back killed the line and was a no go.

From a purely aesthetic point of view, a wagon is a hard no for a Porsche sedan. If the loading was needed then people are better off with a Macan or a Cayenne.
Sponsored