Today is NOT the day! aargh

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
So the day has arrived and i am expecting to collect my car today.

The car (a 4S CT in Crayon) should have been with the dealer two weeks ago but was stuck at Sheerness port in the UK with customs for longer than expected.

Then there were no available loaders to take the car to the dealer so there was another wait for one to be available (this seems to be a problem).

Finally, yesterday it was confirmed it was going to the dealer in Reading and another truck was booked by Porsche West London to transport this from Reading for this morning.

It’s expected to be with the dealer by 12 today.

The dealer says he needs around 4 hours to do the checks and update software so I’m heading to the dealer for 4pm.

At 5pm yesterday there was a moment of panic as i was asked to go to the dealer to get all the registration paperwork done so the car could be registered prior to me driving out. The dealer called me back and drove over to me (although given the traffic i met him a short drive from me). That’s dedication!

This morning i’ve activated the Porsche connect services and paid for the PVTS+ And sent the details to the dealer to setup the car for me.

Things to do :

1. Call porsche insurance - they provide 5 days insurance but it referred me to underwriter and told me to call. I called and the advisor had to call the broker to check and left me on hold for 80minutes. I hung up eventually (he didn’t call back).
2. Sort out parking permits. There is no charge for parking permits for EVs But i need to transfer the old permit to my wife’s car.
3. Pick up a gift for the dealer - i think a bottle of champagne should be ok although I’ve read that dealers cant take gifts ?
4.Get to dealer - will book an Uber over as don’t want to have to drive back in two cars
5. Check the car over. My main concern is if the car has electronic steering column as I believe this is on the original spec. As a cancelled order i don’t have the full knowledge on this but it shows on my car configurator code and the price paid for the 14 way seats.
6. Check connections are active for my phone (take a USB c charge cable !) and the Porsche connect. Ensure the charging services are setup.
7. Check car has a full charge - similar to getting a tank of petrol thrown in!
8. Get the PVTS+ fob(s) and check this is active
9. Check any error messages / software updates are done
10. Check the boot liners are thrown into the car
11. A brief tutorial - i feel like a know it all having done some reading but it’s my first EV.
12. Check VIN number and any damage anywhere..
13. Check dealer has number plates for the car on and has a set of my private plates to go on later on - i thought about registering Straight to the private plate but when you transfer this off when you finally sell the car you get a new plate and then have to run to get those plates made up. This way i can just put the original plates back on.
14. Get all paperwork - V5 registration to come in a few days
15. CHECK the finance papers. I’m sure i did a quote to pay the whole amount over 4 years but the payment looks wrong as it has a balloon payment at the end…
16. Check i get two keys and that they both work
17. check iphone / CarPlay work and test music working for the drive home!
18. Drive off!

EDIT : I got a notification on the app of a theft alert Shortly after activation. I then got a call from Vodafone tracking who asked if i am ok - i explained that the car will be collected at 4pm and she said she would put in garage mode till 6pm. I assume this means the car is moving and on it’s way from Reading but doesn’t have the separate fob which i get from my own dealer.

Pictures to follow!
Sponsored

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Congrats! I can feel your excitement and collection day is always a grand affair. Hope all goes well and look forward to seeing the pictures.

Health to enjoy.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
That's a remarkably ambitious turnaround time so I hope it works out fine.
It's been quite a while since I felt a car salesperson deserved a gift from me so I'm a bit envious of the service you're getting :)
Enjoy your car...and your day!

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Thanks both, i was up at the crack of dawn setting up the services.

I guess the reason i think he deserves a gift is two fold :

1. I called him and got a cancellation from him last month (so not a long wait at all - was just pure luck)
2. I figure if he feels valued i will be in a position where i might get the GTS i ordered a little sooner perhaps… who knows but can’t hurt right?

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
you need to have funded your deposit and I would have thought signed the Porsche financial docs at least a day before to allow for funds to flow. Funders crossed!

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
you need to have funded your deposit and I would have thought signed the Porsche financial docs at least a day before to allow for funds to flow. Funders crossed!
Yes i sent my deposit over and the issue was getting the HP sorted. In the confusion I’ve been put on PCP payments rather than paying off in full over 48 months at higher amounts but i should have confirmed this - lessons to everyone not to rush this the day before!

I’m hoping it doesn’t matter too much for when the GTS comes anyway as hopefully I’ll only have this one for a year…

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
Happy for you :)

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Thanks both, i was up at the crack of dawn setting up the services.

I guess the reason i think he deserves a gift is two fold :

1. I called him and got a cancellation from him last month (so not a long wait at all - was just pure luck)
2. I figure if he feels valued i will be in a position where i might get the GTS i ordered a little sooner perhaps… who knows but can’t hurt right?
Good point, could be a sound investment from that point of view (and of course is a drop in the ocean in the context of your shopping for a Porsche). Even if they can't accept it, I think in these situations the thought really does count, as it's probably unexpected and should have them remember you favourably.
Sorry if you felt the need to justify your generosity for me- I know from personal experience that some SAs out there do deserve such treatment (unfortunately, my stand-out experience came when buying a used vehicle from a dealer >200 miles away so, great though they were, too inconvenient for repeat custom).
Anyway, hope everything goes smoothly for you today.

sedeuG

First Name
L. G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, 2 X Ducati, Taycan 4S Crayon
Country flag
Congrats and enjoy.

I'm also waiting for my 4S chalk, it was supposed to arrive at the dealer today but it was postponed to Monday 18th.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Congrats! I can feel your excitement and collection day is always a grand affair. Hope all goes well and look forward to seeing the pictures.

Health to enjoy.
+1 :like:

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
So after all that fanfare it’s off.

Dealer has a system issue which means it can’t be registered with DVLA until Monday.

So frustrated as that’s a day off work for me and my wife.

Dealer has said would make it up to me - not sure if he can do that.

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
So after all that fanfare it’s off.

Dealer has a system issue which means it can’t be registered with DVLA until Monday.

So frustrated as that’s a day off work for me and my wife.

Dealer has said would make it up to me - not sure if he can do that.
Bugger - sorry to hear that. Hopefully all will go well on Monday.
Sponsored