Torn between 2 interiors... Help me decide!

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi All!

I've got a 2023 GTS on order that has not locked in yet and I've been humming and hawing about which interior combo I should go with as I love both options.

The exterior colour is chalk, with gloss black doors handles, gloss black mirror base, gloss black rear model designation and power charge port.

Both options have a Race-Tex steering wheel with the carbon fiber trim and the Race-Tex B-pillar.

I've attached some photos below of the 2 options and I've also included the full list of my options. I welcome your critique or advice on the overall build too!

Interior option 1 - The Dark, Sporty Look
The GTS comes standard with a black Race-Tex interior that has the GTS logo embroidered on the front seats.

I don't understand why, but the neodyme or dark silver accent trims are not compatible with this interior. I am really intrigued by the neodyme and would love to have it!

Because I can't have the neodyme with the Race-Tex, I added bordeaux seat belts to match the red callipers as well as the red face on the sport chrono clock to match the exterior's sporty look.

I thought about possibly retrofitting the neodyme later, but it's quite a few pieces and I really don't want to be pulling them off once the car is built.

Pros: Race-Tex is native to the GTS; It's a different material after having leather in all my previous cars and I do like it a lot; Headrests come embroidered in the price; Get to add some red in the interior.

Cons: Potential lack of durability of the Race-Tex; Maintenance required; No neodyme; Mostly all black interior(?)

Porsche Taycan Torn between 2 interiors... Help me decide! iris
Porsche Taycan Torn between 2 interiors... Help me decide! iris-6

Interior option 2 - The Bright, Elegant Look
The other option would be to go with leather, chalk in this case.

Head rests get the Porsche logo on them.

Here I get to add the neodyme accent trims to give it some pop.

Pros: Leather is probably better for longevity; Something other than black; Get to have neodyme.

Cons: no Race-Tex, I guess?

Porsche Taycan Torn between 2 interiors... Help me decide! iris-8
Porsche Taycan Torn between 2 interiors... Help me decide! iris-9

Here are the details on the build:

Premium Package

Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
Rear 2+1 Seats

Exterior Mirror Lower Trim in Exterior colour and Base in High Gloss Black
Door Handles in High Gloss Black Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Model Designation on Rear in High Gloss Black

Single-Speed Transmission on the Front Axle, 2-Speed Transmission on the Rear Axle
Rear Axle Steering incl. Power Steering Plus

21" RS Spyder Design Wheels

LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Glacier Blue incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
Light Strip with "PORSCHE" Logo in Glacier Blue

Passenger Display
Preparation Porsche Dashcam (front and rear)

Interior Accents in Neodyme
Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front and Rear) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
B-Pillar Trims in Race-Tex Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Heated Steering Wheel with Trim in Matte Carbon Fiber and Rim in Race-Tex i.c.w. Sport Chrono Package and Leather Interior

Power Charge Port Cover
On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger

Porsche Taycan Torn between 2 interiors... Help me decide! iris-7

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
As I’ve written on many threads, I would definitely go for the Racetec interior. With your exterior colour, I’d be tempted to go for the GTS interior package in Crayon which would give you the contrasting stitching and belts to ‘match’ the exterior. This also comes with the carbon interior package.

if you didn’t want the full stitching etc, then I think lighter (Crayon) belts would be better then Bordeaux ones, as these are a very different red than the brake callipers. Alternatively, the GTS interior pack in Carmine red would brighten up your interior and be a better match for the brake callipers.

if you’re currently paying se-stately for coloured belts, coloured sports chrono and carbon trim,it won’t be much more for the GTS interior package, I don’t think?

With the GTS interior package in crayon I’d be tempted to have the brake callipers painted black,

While your second option looks nice, it doesn’t look ‘GTS’ to me.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I like racetex a lot, I have had alcantara interiors in the past and loved them.
The GTS interior is only available in black though, which I am bored by and will have a shorter range due to the A/C needing to work harder (the A/C is the only thing which takes substantial power other than the motors).
None of the leather free colour options appealed either so in the end once I had decided against its interior the GTS wasn't worth the extra money for me.

It is still personal, if you don't mind the black I really like the GTS interior. I personally prefer your alternative though.

Reactions: B61

Fitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayman 981 GT4
Country flag
Sat in a GTS with full Racetex at the weekend, was horrible and smelled funny. (brand new car). Far too much racetex, will catch every bit of lint and hair and generally felt like a snooker table. Avoid avoid avoid.

Otherwise light exterior dark interior, the Neodyme trim is lovely and really lifts the interior. I am biased but the beige Olea interior is the nicest.

Porsche Taycan Torn between 2 interiors... Help me decide! 1656575550815

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
I’ve had a car with light coloured leather before and it catches colour from jeans a lot. I was constantly cleaning the leather to try to make it look nice again And get rid of the blue

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
Neodym does not belong in a GTS in my personal opinion.

I have a Neptune Blue GTS with the Crayon Race Tex Interior. Even though I did not spec the vehicle, I'm actually very happy with the interior and exterior and have subsequently cancelled my order for a Crayon GTS with a Crayon/Black interior as per below.

Porsche Taycan Torn between 2 interiors... Help me decide! 1656578351531
Porsche Taycan Torn between 2 interiors... Help me decide! 1656578364495

I was entirely convinced I would not like the Race Tex interior, however I really do now (hence the cancellation of the Crayon car). ace Tex is surprisingly easy to maintain and does not pick up every bit of lindt that you think it would. It actually seems quite forgiving and probably reduces the build up of dust on the screens, dashboard top etc, by holding on to it.

From the images I thought the use of the material on the centre console was a step too far, however in person it is very pleasing to look at and touch. It really does feel sporty and the crayon clock, seatbelts and stitching are nice touches to break it all up, as are the carbon fibre inserts which my car has.

Not that it matters, but everyone who's sat in the car has commented how nice the Race Tex looks and feels and no one has been offended by it lol.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sat in a GTS with full Racetex at the weekend, was horrible and smelled funny. (brand new car). Far too much racetex, will catch every bit of lint and hair and generally felt like a snooker table. Avoid avoid avoid.

Otherwise light exterior dark interior, the Neodyme trim is lovely and really lifts the interior. I am biased but the beige Olea interior is the nicest.

1656575550815.png
Disagree strongly! ☺

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
if you’re currently paying se-stately for coloured belts, coloured sports chrono and carbon trim,it won’t be much more for the GTS interior package, I don’t think?
It would cost an additional £2230.
I really like the Crayon / Carmine Red GTS race-tex package, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra over the standard GTS race-tex + belts & chrono (you can't spec a carbon fibre wheel with standard race-tex).

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
My vote would be for option 1, but with crayon elements, so it matches the external colour.

Option 2 looks a bit like a blinged up Tesla. I think contrasting the interior and exterior colours works best. Light on light doesn't work for me, and the Neodyme looks a bit tacky in this context (although works great with dark colours, or the red).

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
You did what I specced originally - Crayon leather interior. It is a nice leather and having seen it in person against the Olea (not worth the money), remained even more convinced.

However, I also felt leather isn't very "sporty" and others on the forum questioned why I would de-GTS a GTS.

So going with the GTS interior.

Go with Option 1, though if you can stretch the Crayon GTS interior would look incredible.

If you really are set on leather, please do not spec the tacky neodyme accents. The dark silver is equally bad. It is satin spray painted plastic.

The standard (plastic) matt trim is much better - because it's matt so doesn't look tacky - and allows your lighter colour leather to contrast against it.

A light leather + neodyme or silver accent package + seatbelt colour and any other colour in the cabin. It's just too much and looks a mess.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It would cost an additional £2230.
I really like the Crayon / Carmine Red GTS race-tex package, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra over the standard GTS race-tex + belts & chrono (you can't spec a carbon fibre wheel with standard race-tex).
Aren’t you already paying extra for the wheel with carbon trim, red belts and red sports chrono dial? You’d save on those 3 options?

Last edited:

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Aren’t you already paying extra for the wheel with carbon trim, red belts and red sports chrono dial? You’d save on those 3 options?
If you go base GTS Race Tex trim, you can't spec any carbon trim or carbon steering wheel, the configurator won't allow it. The only thing you can spec with the base GTS Race Tex trim is the seatbelt colour, and the chrono dial colour.

SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 996.2 C2 Coupe 6MT
Country flag
I think the full purple interior on the crayon exterior for the wild vibes! Black out the callipers though.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag

1656575550815.png
This is my interior if you had cheaped out and gone with the standard interior but added Neodyme. I’m very happy with it. The wood is super expensive but adds a nice dimension.