Totally in the dark regarding the status of my build. Any others?

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I am starting this post to gain/share an understanding of how many others are in the same position.

My TYD shows blank for all of the steps and the dealership has no information on build status or ETA. Originally the car was supposed to be built in June and delivered in July. I have also called PCNA many times…they have no info either. They claim that they are working on the TYD issue (which has been 8 weeks and counting) and that the dealership would have the info on the build….which they do not. PCNA also claims that there are hundreds of others for whom TYD is not working at all….doesn't seem to be the case from what I see on the forum.

Are others experiencing this total lack of information?
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
If it's the same for you as in the UK, the dealers have more detailed production scheduling info than is available in TYD (which is still not generally rolled out here).
Mine has been Fixed in Production (or whatever the expression is) since early March, with a planned late April build, which didn't happen and from what little my SA told me, I believe there is now no scheduled build date.

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If it's the same for you as in the UK, the dealers have more detailed production scheduling info than is available in TYD (which is still not generally rolled out here).
Mine has been Fixed in Production (or whatever the expression is) since early March, with a planned late April build, which didn't happen and from what little my SA told me, I believe there is now no scheduled build date.
My dealer has no information….

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
My dealer has no information….
Did they tell you:
They have no access to a Porsche production/delivery tracking system? (surely they do?)
They do, but your vehicle isn't on that system? (if so, that in itself is information, though not encouraging)
Your vehicle is on that system but has no planned dates? (as is the case with mine)

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did they tell you:
They have no access to a Porsche production/delivery tracking system? (surely they do?)
They do, but your vehicle isn't on that system? (if so, that in itself is information, though not encouraging)
Your vehicle is on that system but has no planned dates? (as is the case with mine)
They use words like “we are not getting updates from Porsche…due to the factory slow down”. I will press on this specific question. It makes no sense to me that they have no idea/no information.

ccyr15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (upcoming), RX450H, Ram 1500
Country flag
They use words like “we are not getting updates from Porsche…due to the factory slow down”. I will press on this specific question. It makes no sense to me that they have no idea/no information.
We had a similar situation for a while in March. Our order status went backwards from about to be locked to just order accepted. The dealer had no information beyond that status number (V200?). At some point everything updated with actual dates, probably once it made it into the processing queue.

Our original lock in date was end of Feb for an April build allocation with an end of May delivery. That has been shifted to an early June build and end of July delivery once everything reappeared.

Doc Sportello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
So I have a VIN, but I assume that doesn't mean a fixed build week? Dealer doesn't know.

Sometimes I think TYD is an impediment, in that it creates a false sense of expectation!

Last edited:

ccyr15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (upcoming), RX450H, Ram 1500
Country flag
We have a build date of 6/3, but I haven't seen a VIN show up. I would have assumed you get a VIN when you actually start production, but who knows.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
So I have a VIN, but I assume that doesn't mean a fixed build week? Dealer doesn't know.

Sometimes I think TYD is an impediment, in that it creates a false sense of expert action!
I think that a VIN is assigned at the end of the actual build. It incorporates the Chassis Number, which I think is assigned when a build slot is allocated a fixed configuration (EDIT for clarity- so when the factory is planning to (eventually) build a specific vehicle order).

Last edited:
OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think that a VIN is assigned at the end of the actual build. It incorporates the Chassis Number, which I think is assigned when a build slot is allocated a fixed configuration (EDIT for clarity- so when the factory is planning to (eventually) build a specific vehicle order).
You guys have much more visibility than me if you are at a stage to discuss VINs. I dont even have a plan for when my vehicle will be built.

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
If your car falls into the production for a new model year I could see this happen. As long as your order is properly listed in TYD it exists, and it will be produced when they can.

Do remember that Porsche needs parts that are usually produced in a country currently at war, that there's a global shipping and logistics crisis, a shortage of semiconductors, and still large scale effects of COVID and lockdowns in countries all over the world. Even if you got dates for July/later there's a good chance they'd shift anyway.

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If your car falls into the production for a new model year I could see this happen. As long as your order is properly listed in TYD it exists, and it will be produced when they can.

Do remember that Porsche needs parts that are usually produced in a country currently at war, that there's a global shipping and logistics crisis, a shortage of semiconductors, and still large scale effects of COVID and lockdowns in countries all over the world. Even if you got dates for July/later there's a good chance they'd shift anyway.
Not sure if you read my original post…no Info…

ASL

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia e-niro, waiting for my CT4S
Country flag
Same here. Signed for a CT4S in October 2021 in Belgium. Lock date was End of March for a build in April. Since then no news, they only tell me it is scheduled and should come before end of July.

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Same here. Signed for a CT4S in October 2021 in Belgium. Lock date was End of March for a build in April. Since then no news, they only tell me it is scheduled and should come before end of July.
thanks. Do you have TYD and is it working at all?

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
You guys have much more visibility than me if you are at a stage to discuss VINs. I dont even have a plan for when my vehicle will be built.
Unfortunately that might be due to your order not yet having been assigned a build slot, in which case it would be unknown to the production tracking system so your dealer would be in the dark waiting to be notified of their future- probably MY23- production allocations.
Some small consolation in that at least it's known to TYD, even without dates- so Porsche have acknowledged they intend to fulfill your order.
Sponsored