U.K. Launch/Deliveries pushed back?

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
My 4S was supposed be locked down this week and leave factory early March but my dealer has just said their launch has been pushed back from Feb to 4th April.

All orders due have been pushed back and they won’t see any cars until mid April earliest

I’ve asked him if all UK orders and he seems to think so but awaiting confirmation.

Really feel like they are struggling to get the production line scaled up and running.

I really feel like cancelling and getting 1 .5 version of the car if they can’t get this launched properly, forced additions on the spec, my build pushed back as the interior wasn’t available in Jan builds, lack of wireless car play, remote park not available, 22kw charging dropped etc etc..

I’m literally suppose to hand my 911 over this week as part ex to nail the price, don’t fancy waiting an indefinite amount of time for replacement.
Sponsored

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
My 4S was supposed be locked down this week and leave factory early March but my dealer has just said their launch has been pushed back from Feb to 4th April.

All orders due have been pushed back and they won’t see any cars until mid April earliest

I’ve asked him if all UK orders and he seems to think so but awaiting confirmation.

Really feel like they are struggling to get the production line scaled up and running.

I really feel like cancelling and getting 1 .5 version of the car if they can’t get this launched properly, forced additions on the spec, my build pushed back as the interior wasn’t available in Jan builds, lack of wireless car play, remote park not available, 22kw charging dropped etc etc..

I’m literally suppose to hand my 911 over this week as part ex to nail the price, don’t fancy waiting an indefinite amount of time for replacement.
Frustrating for sure but man I would not jump the gun that quick in my opinion. Anyway hopefully it is not any longer of a delay for you. Good Luck !

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Which dealer are you using? I’m with Porsche Solihull (Sytner) and my build is also supposed to be locked down this week for delivery in March. Will call them tomorrow and find out if anything has changed.

Same boat as you - if it gets pushed back will wait for the 1.5 version in June.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Mines is locked down. As far as I know delivery is still end of April.

OP
OP
Austin_yeahbaby

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Which dealer are you using? I’m with Porsche Solihull (Sytner) and my build is also supposed to be locked down this week for delivery in March. Will call them tomorrow and find out if anything has changed.

Same boat as you - if it gets pushed back will wait for the 1.5 version in June.

I'm using Porsche Chester.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
if it gets pushed back will wait for the 1.5 version in June.
That seems to be a big assumption that if they just are doing the 1.0 in April/May, that they would start a 1.5 in June. I would think they would run the line for many months before changing it.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
I found out today that my Turbo has been delayed 3 weeks

Dealer launch events are March and April
One dealer has told me that won’t be allowed to deliver any Taycans until after the launch events! So looking like April deliveries at the earliest

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
my turbo is coming from Exeter and the estimated delivery date has now slipped 3 weeks so now into June
another dealer has said they don’t think each dealership will be able release vehicles till after the dealer launch event!

TSS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Countach, Diablo SE30, Taycan Turbo, Lamborghini 5C
Country flag
I've been invited to my dealer's Taycan launch on 25th March - which is a month later than expected. I wonder why they are staggering the launch events. Maybe they are all sharing the same cars for the launch and are shipping them around the country!

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've been invited to my dealer's Taycan launch on 25th March - which is a month later than expected. I wonder why they are staggering the launch events. Maybe they are all sharing the same cars for the launch and are shipping them around the country!
That’s normally what happens, i remember the Panamera ST launch where they moved the 3 cars from one dealer to the next as there are about 45 dealers in the UK i assume they will have 3 or 4 sets of cars and just tour the country so all the launch nights done within 10 days

what dealer are you buying from?

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
OP
OP
Austin_yeahbaby

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It seems a bit strange that Porsche the would push back customer deliveries just to have an official launch ?

the launch is to attract new sales I guess but if delaying existing customer orders can only upset those awaiting orders already placed and now delayed?

anyone elsein the U.K. had their order confirmed delayed now?

Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
My order is also from Chester and was locked down a couple of weeks before Christmas. When I last spoke to them last week, factory completion is due 21 Feb and the car is due at the dealer 27 March for collection first week in April - but I'm seeing them Monday and will check again.
Sponsored