UK PEC session

Doc Sportello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Did this the other day and can attest to what a laugh it is. Great opportunity to see what happens without all the driving aids, especially.

Also confirmed that the base CT4 eats Macans and Cayennes in the twisty stuff, which was a relief!

Plus... loads of charging for those of us stuck in a rented ID3 or a Zoe until the car arrives ;)

And did I mention the chocolate 911?

Porsche Taycan UK PEC session Screenshot 2022-05-04 at 16.27.29
Sponsored

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Do they provide charging in their customer car park for anyone turning up in their Taycan? If so, is it free or at Porsche charging rates?

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m there on the 10th August, anyone thinking of a late June date the loop 2 with the straights is shut off for F1 prep.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I contacted my sales person to ask when I would get an invite only to be told I had been sent an email last August.
Certainly can’t find it on my email server but now going in June, too late to drop PDCC if I don’t feel a difference.
Anyway I was rather hoping the biggest gain was in ride so won’t be testing that and since matrix lights and Bose were dropped it isn’t more expensive.

Looking forward to it but having been a passenger round tracks with F1 drivers I am painfully aware of where my talent level is.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Looking forward to it but having been a passenger round tracks with F1 drivers I am painfully aware of where my talent level is.
Don't worry, the focus will be on them safely getting you confident with the car- most of the "hosts" seem to have motorsports backgrounds but there's nothing competitive and they'll tailor your experience to your preferences (though I think they ensure that everyone gets an appreciation of all the safety and assistance features). I'm not ashamed to say that I politely declined the offer of my host demonstrating more of the car's potential...he probably felt the need as I drive somewhat cautiously in cars I don't own (ever since an embarrassing incident in my formative years :blush:)

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Don't worry, the focus will be on them safely getting you confident with the car- most of the "hosts" seem to have motorsports backgrounds but there's nothing competitive and they'll tailor your experience to your preferences (though I think they ensure that everyone gets an appreciation of all the safety and assistance features). I'm not ashamed to say that I politely declined the offer of my host demonstrating more of the car's potential...he probably felt the need as I drive somewhat cautiously in cars I don't own (ever since an embarrassing incident in my formative years :blush:)
I'll be going all out on my PEC in August.

Tomorrow I'm driving around South Africa roads in a Jag f type v6 convertible.

I don't own that and it will be driven like I've stolen it 😂

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
I had my experience today and it was great. Having 121 in car instruction is a real bonus and you really do get to experience how the car behaves in challenging circumstance. I particularly enjoyed the “icy“ slalom and the kick plate. Great to refresh those opposite lock skills. Enjoyed the track time too. I’ve only done experience days / driver training at Silverstone with BMW previously and this was a real step up in terms of a decent area to meet up and eat, the food and not having to share a car. If you have not been yet you are in for a real treat when you do. Enjoy 😉
Sponsored

Last edited: