TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Howdy everybody! Do other cars pull up beside you on the freeway to challenge you to a race in your Taycan? If so, what kind of cars and how often does it happen? Feel free to share any other details as you wish (accept/reject the challenge, top speed reached, if you won or lost, time of day, etc.).

Two months ago, I rented a Taycan for three days (thanks to Turo) and quickly got one from a Challenger, and I'm wondering if it'll be a common occurrence once my Taycan arrives in late spring 2022.

(BTW this is my first post. Thank you so much for the awesome help on the other threads I’ve read so far!)
Sponsored

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
No racing challenges at stop lights. But it’s not uncommon to get a thumbs up from strangers. I recall two in particular…. One guy pulls up along besides my driver side with dark tinted windows and rolls down his passenger window so I can see his thumbs up gesture. The other was a motorcyclist two car lengths ahead of me in the right lane who most have seen the CT in his mirror. He twists around what seemed like 180 degrees to give an emphatic thumbs up.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I haven’t seen anyone proactively try to race but I also try not to look at anyone else while driving or waiting at stoplights. I’ve found that if you accelerate rapidly in a car that people notice, they perceive it as a race and will act accordingly.

I argue the fastest car on the road is a Kia Soul. On the highways, those drivers won’t let off the gas until they hit the governor or get pulled over.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Howdy everybody! Do other cars pull up beside you on the freeway to challenge you to a race in your Taycan? If so, what kind of cars and how often does it happen? Feel free to share any other details as you wish (accept/reject the challenge, top speed reached, if you won or lost, time of day, etc.).

Two months ago, I rented a Taycan for three days (thanks to Turo) and quickly got one from a Challenger, and I'm wondering if it'll be a common occurrence once my Taycan arrives in late spring 2022.

(BTW this is my first post. Thank you so much for the awesome help on the other threads I’ve read so far!)
Never.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
The type of "race" the OP refers to doesn't really exist outside North America though does it, we don't have wide straight multi lane roads with loads of traffic lights?

OTOH in every fast car I have owned I have had either other fast cars or motorbikes seeing how fast I'll go on country roads, but like you, never on the rare occasion I am at lights with more than 1 lane.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I always remove the engine lettering from the rear. So almost nobody knows what the car's performance is. So I have my peace.
Pity that's not a build option for the Taycan- I've had to order with rear badging deleted, then will pay my dealer to fit just a "Taycan" badge (I want the contrast of the black badge with the lighter body colour, but I'd rather not advertise the variant. I don't want to mess around with the alternative of ordering fully badged then having to centre the original "Taycan" badge after removing the variant).

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I rarely find myself in conditions where flat-out acceleration from a standing start is both safe (because I can see no risk of someone coming late across the lights) and doesn't make me feel like I'm performing for an audience. Also, I've found I'm physically less tolerant of 4 or less second to 60 acceleration in an EV than in an ICE vehicle (I assume it's the unrelenting thrust).
...sorry- I'll get my pipe and slippers ?

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
It was a build option. I didn't remove it myself. Taycan stands alone on an RWD. I didn't want that either.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
Howdy everybody! Do other cars pull up beside you on the freeway to challenge you to a race in your Taycan?
racing challenge? never for me, however for there to be a race a taycan driver would have to engage by accepting the challenge. proceed at your own risk.

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Unfortunately, in the New York City Metropolitan area it's a daily event.....I also think it's a Porsche related issue. Since my days with my 992 Carrera S, EVERYBODY drive super aggressively close to me....from the Soccer Moms with the Minivan to the various NON Performing Racy looking cars, such as Mustangs, Challengers, Chargers, etc.....Lots of noise but nothing more....

Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's dangerous because most of the times the creatures that own F&F Vehicles (Fast and the Furious) with all the wings, spoilers, sideskirts, weird looking hoods and vents, can be very dangerous in this area.

Very often here people use ramps and exits to pass traffic at 30+ over traffic speed. Well, welcome to NY.... lol

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
happens all the time on the highway, not at stop lights (thus far).....they tailgate, then fly around, then slow down in front of you to a speed slower than the speed limit trying to get you to pass (to just get to speed limit) then accelerate....its super annoying when you don't want to participate and they just keep going, hoping for a bite.

Draman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hasn't happened on the highway, but regularly at stoplights. It's almost always someone in a crossover or minivan and they look at my car and just gun it when the light turns. I don't typically respond to it
Sponsored