Vehicle removed

T-Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan CT4, 23 911T, 24 Rivian R1S, 71 BMW 2002
Country flag
This morning I woke up to an email from Porsche stating my Taycan had been removed from my account. When I logged into the My Porsche app I found this to be true. This also killed the connect app, which I cannot log into at this point. My profile was still loaded in the car this morning but I’m betting that may be gone as well later today. Anyone else have this happen? I vaguely remember hearing about some maintenance this week so perhaps it’s related to that. Figured I’d check here before calling about it.
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
This morning I woke up to an email from Porsche stating my Taycan had been removed from my account. When I logged into the My Porsche app I found this to be true. This also killed the connect app, which I cannot log into at this point. My profile was still loaded in the car this morning but I’m betting that may be gone as well later today. Anyone else have this happen? I vaguely remember hearing about some maintenance this week so perhaps it’s related to that. Figured I’d check here before calling about it.
No.

OP
OP
T-Fury

T-Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for your replies. I must have just been the lucky winner on this occasion. I’ll give them a call and see if they’ll digitally return my car :)

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I did have Porsche remove one of my vehicles, but that was the one I sold when getting the Taycan.

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Thank you for your replies. I must have just been the lucky winner on this occasion. I’ll give them a call and see if they’ll digitally return my car :)
Maintenance was yesterday, I noticed it because logins failed for a little while but once all done login worked and my vehicle has been consistently in my profile and Connect works. Call the dealer...good luck!

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I thought I read in another thread that Porsche was performing a large Connect system upgrade on Wednesday. Maybe you were logging in during the upgrade and it caused the weird behavior.

OP
OP
T-Fury

T-Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When I called they said quite a bit of maintenance was going on so they weren’t surprised and had heard of other issues. They are hoping the effort will improve things. They had to resend activation for the car via e-mail. I then needed to delete my profile in the PCM and log back in but everything’s back in order or as they say in the manual “operational readiness has been achieved.” Honestly, most of this reminds me of our experience with the Audi e-Tron app a year ago. Things were all over the map in the beginning but a year in it’s much more solid. I think we’ll get there too with the Taycan.

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
When I called they said quite a bit of maintenance was going on so they weren’t surprised and had heard of other issues. They are hoping the effort will improve things. They had to resend activation for the car via e-mail. I then needed to delete my profile in the PCM and log back in but everything’s back in order or as they say in the manual “operational readiness has been achieved.” Honestly, most of this reminds me of our experience with the Audi e-Tron app a year ago. Things were all over the map in the beginning but a year in it’s much more solid. I think we’ll get there too with the Taycan.
Please send instructions on deleting and reentering profile.

OP
OP
T-Fury

T-Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Please send instructions on deleting and reentering profile.
From the main PCM screen you should see your user name in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Select that and then click the accounts submenu. From there you’ll see a list of users. In my car the top lists guest and then under that is my user name. There are three dots to the right of your user name and if you click those it will give you the option to delete the account. Select that and once you’ve deleted it you will be automatically logged into the guest account. At the main PCM screen you’ll now see guest in the upper right corner. Select that and add a new account. Follow the prompts and enter your user name and password and it should log you back in. Hopefully that helps.

BoltsFan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan - On order
Country flag
Sorry. I am new to Porsche. My Taycan is on order. I have a MyPorsche ID but without a car yet, it doesn't do too much. Having not used Connect , I don't really understand what "settings" are stored to your account vs what is stored "in the car". In other words, I am used to having memory settings (M1, M2, M3) buttons on the door of the car. Here, you can set up seat positions, mirror positions, steering wheel position, and even favorites on the radio. All you have to do is unlock the car with the appropriate key and the seat, mirror, steering wheel positions, etc are returned to the memory settings. Or, you can just press the M1 or M2 button to get the same thing. I know the Taycan has this feature of course. But I also read that settings are stored in your account. What settings and is this the same account that I set up online (or via the IOS app)? I also read that setting are stored "on your key" and you need to "pair it" with the car. What does that mean? I'm used to the keys already coming "paired" as Driver 1 (M1) or Driver 2 (M2). You don't have to do anything other than determine which is 1 and which is 2 if the are not marked on the key.
Sponsored