NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Was driving home last night and the Warn and Brake assist warning came on and the yellow warning light remains illuminate. No bad weather conditions and the top of the windshield camera and the globe sensor in the front bumper are clean and clear of obstructions.

Interestingly, the globe sensor is very warm to the touch when the car is turned on - not sure if that’s normal?

Shut the car down overnight and same issue today 24 hours later. Made an appointment for service next week. Any ideas I can check at home?

Thanks all
Sponsored

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve had that message a couple times. I cleared it and disregarded it. Didn’t come back.

I’ve gotten all sorts of error messages at one time or another, but they always cleared and the issue never recurred. Most of the time the issue wasn’t even real, like the one that told me my turn signal was out, yet it was working fine…

GaryA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan, G Wagon
Country flag
Was driving home last night and the Warn and Brake assist warning came on and the yellow warning light remains illuminate. No bad weather conditions and the top of the windshield camera and the globe sensor in the front bumper are clean and clear of obstructions.

Interestingly, the globe sensor is very warm to the touch when the car is turned on - not sure if that’s normal?

Shut the car down overnight and same issue today 24 hours later. Made an appointment for service next week. Any ideas I can check at home?

Thanks all
I’ve only had the car a week and have had quite a few warnings like that. Most say sensor dirty, clean. But car had only been cleaned the day before. Appreciate its not great weather in UK but for error after a days cleaning seems very sensitive. Also eating a message regards charging port impaired.

Porsche Taycan Warn and Brake Assist not Working 06D7772C-6E35-4D17-89F8-4B1BDC57456C

Porsche Taycan Warn and Brake Assist not Working 31353C1A-1BD9-4BE5-B11B-7E6F86E03FA7

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I’ve only had the car a week and have had quite a few warnings like that. Most say sensor dirty, clean. But car had only been cleaned the day before. Appreciate its not great weather in UK but for error after a days cleaning seems very sensitive. Also eating a message regards charging port impaired.

06D7772C-6E35-4D17-89F8-4B1BDC57456C.png

31353C1A-1BD9-4BE5-B11B-7E6F86E03FA7.png
Port impaired - did your charge port door close after charging then removing the cable and automatically reopened due to the little DC socket flap not springing back into position?

If so, this is normally the explanation and will self clear after power off and then on.

The WBA should clear also and can be due to dirt and / or moisture build up on the windscreen camera and external sensors.

GaryA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan, G Wagon
Country flag
Port impaired - did your charge port door close after charging then removing the cable and automatically reopened due to the little DC socket flap not springing back into position?

If so, this is normally the explanation and will self clear after power off and then on.

The WBA should clear also and can be due to dirt and / or moisture build up on the windscreen camera and external sensors.
Hi, yes it all worked ok and closed ok, I just got the warning. The weather has been damp so will put it down to moisture build up. Thanks for the feedback 👍

Howie

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS STCayenne 992GT3 Ferrari488spider 993C2
Country flag
Hi Gary and welcome,
Im also in Doncaster and have a Dolomite GTS ST which I have had since October.
I must have been you spotted at Bawtry traffic lights last week.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Hi Gary and welcome,
Im also in Doncaster and have a Dolomite GTS ST which I have had since October.
I must have been you spotted at Bawtry traffic lights last week.
Am I the only person who thinks of this, everytime i see the word dolomite?

Porsche Taycan Warn and Brake Assist not Working 9EF14AF1-F687-4194-9596-08A844C0169C

OP
OP

NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
My WBA does not say dirty and clean, it says limited and consult owners manual. The glass and front globe are 100% clean and outside conditions are clear (no rain, fog or icing). And it has lasted a few days, several restarts and has not yet cleared. I was expecting it to self correct but no such luck. I am wondering if it’s related to the camera connector campaign the dealer updated last month.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My WBA does not say dirty and clean, it says limited and consult owners manual. The glass and front globe are 100% clean and outside conditions are clear (no rain, fog or icing). And it has lasted a few days, several restarts and has not yet cleared. I was expecting it to self correct but no such luck. I am wondering if it’s related to the camera connector campaign the dealer updated last month.
Generic message which can be caused by all of the above.

On the basis that yours is persistent then likely a genuine fault. The camera issue I think related to the rear / front camera (s) and water ingress but as they're all linked it could be related. The normal temporary culprit is the windscreen camera.

Try your other key (and secondary Porsche ID) out of curiosity) - random I know but can have 'magic' powers.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I noticed for me the reason was fogging in the littler camera area just above the reave view mirror. This occurs occasionally even when the main windscreen is clear.

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag

Thanks all
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...or-leading-to-other-errors.13713/#post-208364
Sponsored