Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Oh yes, 7.2kw would be just perfect for me so I’ll see to deliver single phase 8kw+ to the Porsche Connect+ charger and hope for the same
thank you
All you need is a 32Amp connection, fitted by an electrician as the cable is thicker than a 13Amp socket, which will only give you 3Kw approximately.
Sponsored

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
It connects to your home Wifi. But did you try if DLAN/Powerline modem does work at your home. Is your power socket used for charging sort of wired directly to the central power panel of your home? If so you might be able to get a network connection over powerline.
Thanks for the tip the powerline worked a treat

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
You can also see your summary of charges with the login at myPorsche. Below is a screenshot from my charging.
I am also waiting for the upgrade to full power on the charger, but my electrical installation was quite old and required a complete upgrade of the panel and all the RCB etc. Hope to have all of that completed In two weeks from now?

02457988-9AC6-4389-9928-C9309C881662.png

I’m feeling a bit stupid at the moment. I cannot get to my PMCC via IP address within my network and I don’t see where you got this in the My Porsche site. Next I’m going to try the local hotspot deal but not my ideal when I’d rather just be able to log in and use my network (or the Porsche site). Pointers?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I’m feeling a bit stupid at the moment. I cannot get to my PMCC via IP address within my network and I don’t see where you got this in the My Porsche site. Next I’m going to try the local hotspot deal but not my ideal when I’d rather just be able to log in and use my network (or the Porsche site). Pointers?
Here is how I have managed to do it.

First you need to make sure your PMCC is connected to your WiFi. That is like everything else. With the charger you also received a small card that had a lot of information about logging in passwords, both for the charger direct without your network. There were two log ins one for the Home user and one for the Tech user. In my case I can only log in to the charger when it is live and connected to the car. It sleeps otherwise to save energy, I guess.

Once I had logged in to my home network all the charging history has been uploaded to MyPorsche.

So here is how I found the charging history on MyPorsche.

1. Log in to your MyPorsche account
2. Find the summary of your car and where it states something like (I have it in French) Services in the car

Porsche Taycan Web interface for Porsche connect charger DB91FE65-DEB2-4607-9200-1A2C4F7BEFB8

3. Click on that and all the services are listed.
4. Look at the Charge at Home or similar in English
Porsche Taycan Web interface for Porsche connect charger 348C3AFD-E348-4C12-9C0C-A3F3B6193747

5. Click on that and scroll down a bit on the page and you should have all your charging summarised there.
Porsche Taycan Web interface for Porsche connect charger 9A9CA516-C0E8-415B-9258-D26EEAD0A300

I hope that helps? PM me if you would like any more details etc!

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is how I have managed to do it.

First you need to make sure your PMCC is connected to your WiFi. That is like everything else. With the charger you also received a small card that had a lot of information about logging in passwords, both for the charger direct without your network. There were two log ins one for the Home user and one for the Tech user. In my case I can only log in to the charger when it is live and connected to the car. It sleeps otherwise to save energy, I guess.

Once I had logged in to my home network all the charging history has been uploaded to MyPorsche.

So here is how I found the charging history on MyPorsche.

1. Log in to your MyPorsche account
2. Find the summary of your car and where it states something like (I have it in French) Services in the car

DB91FE65-DEB2-4607-9200-1A2C4F7BEFB8.png

3. Click on that and all the services are listed.
4. Look at the Charge at Home or similar in English
348C3AFD-E348-4C12-9C0C-A3F3B6193747.jpeg

5. Click on that and scroll down a bit on the page and you should have all your charging summarised there.
9A9CA516-C0E8-415B-9258-D26EEAD0A300.png

I hope that helps? PM me if you would like any more details etc!
Thanks so much!

I checked the PMCC and it says it’s connected to my home network, I check my router and I see the IP address assigned to the MAC address and that aligns to what the PMCC says, but when I point my browser to that IP it times out. I haven’t tried the direct hotspot connection because it says it will then disconnect WiFi and I’d rather not do that (unless that’s the best path?).

So I’m trying the Porsche site. Of course timing is perfect, I try to login now and: “We apologize for any inconvenience! Unfortunately, it is not possible to log in at this time. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Please try again later.” Thanks Porsche.

elberk

First Name
Elber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M5, Kia e-Niro
I checked the PMCC and it says it’s connected to my home network, I check my router and I see the IP address assigned to the MAC address and that aligns to what the PMCC says, but when I point my browser to that IP it times out. I haven’t tried the direct hotspot connection because it says it will then disconnect WiFi and I’d rather not do that (unless that’s the best path?).
The charger goes into sleep mode when it is not used or charging the car. There is a config item in the web application system settings somewhere to disable auto deep sleep mode. So it would stay online continuously and only dimming the display.

Second, did you try to use https://<pmcc_IP_Address> It runs over secured http connection only.

Hope that helps

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The charger goes into sleep mode when it is not used or charging the car. There is a config item in the web application system settings somewhere to disable auto deep sleep mode. So it would stay online continuously and only dimming the display.

Second, did you try to use https://<pmcc_IP_Address> It runs over secured http connection only.

Hope that helps
Thank you. The charger going to sleep then coupled with my fat fingering the IP caused me to fail. I appreciate the help, I’m able to see it and peruse my history. Thank you!

Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Hope that helps
Hoping you can perhaps offer some insights for my own Porsche Mobile Charger Connect. The device is switched on and successfully connected to my wifi router - have verified this within the network address to access the settings and active connections to the router. However, when I enter the IP address for the PMCC in the format https://nnn.nnn.n.nn (where n are all numeric) all I see is a time out messaged after 60 secs on my browser. I can access details about charge history using the PMCC within the My Porsche applet but I'm keen to access the additional functionality of the PMCC web app.

Any ideas to resolve the issue would be very much appreciated! I've tried different browsers (Safari mobile, Safari Mac, Firefox) all to no avail.

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
Hoping you can perhaps offer some insights for my own Porsche Mobile Charger Connect. The device is switched on and successfully connected to my wifi router - have verified this within the network address to access the settings and active connections to the router. However, when I enter the IP address for the PMCC in the format https://nnn.nnn.n.nn (where n are all numeric) all I see is a time out messaged after 60 secs on my browser. I can access details about charge history using the PMCC within the My Porsche applet but I'm keen to access the additional functionality of the PMCC web app.

Any ideas to resolve the issue would be very much appreciated! I've tried different browsers (Safari mobile, Safari Mac, Firefox) all to no avail.
Check your routers ip subnet mask to make sure that you can access that IP address from your device... might be an issue there.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Could also be your security settings. The PMCC will present a server identity certificate signed by a CA your browser won't accept. It will either ignore the response, give you an error, or give you an option to proceed to an unsafe site. I don't know how to set up Safari or Firefox with a site that is allowed to have low security - but that's what you might need. Note you really don't want to accidentally disable security checks for all sites - these are there to protect you. You want to disable it for just one site that you explicitly enter (namely, your PMCC's IP address).

PorscheLuvR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (2021)
Country flag
Thanks so much!

So I’m trying the Porsche site. Of course timing is perfect, I try to login now and: “We apologize for any inconvenience! Unfortunately, it is not possible to log in at this time. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Please try again later.” Thanks Porsche.
I had the same issue here in Australia last week when setting up for my new Taycan. The issue is most likely the IP Address Range of your home network. I initially had 10.0.1.x. and the PMCC would not resolve an IP address. When I changed my home network to 192.168.1.x it all just worked.

My guess is the 10.0.1.x range is used in the PMCC to talk to the car or something like that causing an IP conflict or it is just another crappy bug in the Porsche ecosystem. Hope this helps.

Steve

franksc

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Porsche 911, 2021 Audi Q7, 2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
What browser are you using? I get certificate errors because of https.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Click past the errors - see comments above re certificate - basically you have to acknowledge that you wish to go to an ‘unsafe’ site which is the web server on your PMCC. If using Chrome then you will see the following:

Porsche Taycan Web interface for Porsche connect charger A6C874A3-06BC-4598-8DAA-4968E080AC89

Click advanced:

Porsche Taycan Web interface for Porsche connect charger DB2C3162-D3DA-4CA6-BD2A-F319442D6C51

Then click on ‘Proceed to (whatever your IP address is for PMCC):

Porsche Taycan Web interface for Porsche connect charger 2093F836-8C49-46E1-8CE7-04FEC62C15FA

You can then log in as Home user or Customer Service (the latter gives access to the PLC functions).

You can add the PMCC as a safe location to avoid the above hurdles.

Safari will encounter the same safety challenge but if you muddle through and accept the ‘unsafe’ nature you will be able to connect.

Ensure the PMCC is always awake before connecting and bookmark the site once connected.

Note most of the settings can be made directly on the PMCC touch panel (except PLC) and the full charge history is available on My Porsche - Service - Home Charging.

Last edited:

soamz

First Name
Soumendra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2022 arriving this week
Country flag
anyone who knows how to get to the web page of PORSCHE MOBILE CHARGE PLUS which doesnt have a display ?
Sponsored