First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
Hello all,
This has been brought up before but never fully resolved. Is there a way to set up the “Welcome Illumination Animation” in the rear lights as you approach the car? Is there a button, is this an option or is it a software update?
Sponsored

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
Hello,

according to my information this is not yet implemented. And it did not show up on the planned changes for MY21 even though even in the currently available brochure for the Taycan it is mentioned as being available probably as of February 2020, see screenshot.
Maybe it will become available with MY21 after all?!

Porsche Taycan Welcome Illumination? D11FEB75-A1AF-49E1-AC23-29CAAACC579F

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
OP
OP
TayCanada

TayCanada

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
Another feature I am wondering about is the lighting of the Porsche logo on the rear, saw it lit up on instagram, but could be photoshopped Really wanted that
Yes, agreed. Maybe the Porsche people will read these boards and do a cool software update for current Taycan owners.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, agreed. Maybe the Porsche people will read these boards and do a cool software update for current Taycan owners.
Possible "hacks" to illuminate the blue circuit board pattern are discussed in this thread: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/taycan-drone-accessory.1898/
I read somewhere that the US DOT does not allow illuminated logos on the rear of cars if they're not part of the brake/tail lights, so it may be that Porsche will never offer the blue illumination in the US.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Possible "hacks" to illuminate the blue circuit board pattern are discussed in this thread: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/taycan-drone-accessory.1898/
I read somewhere that the US DOT does not allow illuminated logos on the rear of cars if they're not part of the brake/tail lights, so it may be that Porsche will never offer the blue illumination in the US.
Blue and black are an option in the configurator, really wonder what the black would look like, can’t see a difference and anyone with a pic of the black headlight option, very curious

Last edited:

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 McLaren 720S
Country flag

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Blue and black are an option in the configurator, really wonder what the black would look like, can’t see a difference and anyone with a pic of the black headlight option, very curious
According to the US configurator, "Light strip with Dark Chrome accents and "PORSCHE" logo in Glacier Blue. Identical functionality to standard light strip." The standard light strip (misnomer) in the US does not illuminate, so it appears the blue will not illuminate in the US, either. This thread has a lot of discussion about why the rear Porsche logo can't be illuminated in blue in the US.

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
You can see it in the 3D view on the configurator on a PC. I attached a black/blue view based on what it shows they have the same background and just different color letters.

Porsche Taycan Welcome Illumination? black.JPG

Porsche Taycan Welcome Illumination? blue.JPG

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
You can see it in the 3D view on the configurator on a PC. I attached a black/blue view based on what it shows they have the same background and just different color letters.

black.JPG

blue.JPG
Thanks so much, that was really helpful

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
The one in black makes it look like it has raised lettering, can’t wait to see what it looks like lit up. :)
Assuming someone finds a way to light that section of the bar up, since it only the red strip above the "Porsche" logo that lights up from the factory.
Sponsored