First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Here's mine.
4S 20" tires. From Dec 1 - March 15 I ran on Pirrelli snow tires. From Oct - Dec 1 and from March 15+ I'm on the Conti all seasons. Like others, I live in a cold climate so that hurt the efficiency during the winter. And I am a spirited driver :). Really happy with the range as I can get a reliable 250 - 300mi on any specific trip (with decent weather) depending on driving style.
Porsche Taycan What’s your Taycan efficiency? 1617642726794

tuptaycan4S

First Name
Lowell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Got it in October. 4S. No performance package. (This was a mistake as it is worth the money if you are a real driver). Drive it mostly highway. I do not usually use range mode. I launch it often. 20” winters since late October. Back to 20” summers a week ago. Efficiency obviously improving with onset of warmer weather.

Porsche Taycan What’s your Taycan efficiency? CDCACCAA-6C3D-4F36-8473-8DC7B24FD065

spiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panemera E-hubrid
Country flag
Got it in October. 4S. No performance package. (This was a mistake as it is worth the money if you are a real driver). Drive it mostly highway. I do not usually use range mode. I launch it often. 20” winters since late October. Back to 20” summers a week ago. Efficiency obviously improving with onset of warmer weather.

CDCACCAA-6C3D-4F36-8473-8DC7B24FD065.png
Something i find hard to follow with most of these reports is the abysmal average speeds recorded.All this talk of spirited driving yet your average is only 26 miles per hour and mainly according to your post highway driving.

Edax Rerum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Something i find hard to follow with most of these reports is the abysmal average speeds recorded.All this talk of spirited driving yet your average is only 26 miles per hour and mainly according to your post highway driving.
It seems to be because city driving takes a lot longer than you might think, so of course a lower speed (sometimes even zero if you're stopped) over a longer period of time will bring the overall average down significantly. I have often wondered whether you could explain to a police officer that your average speed was only 40 mph...

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I am one of those slow-averages: 18 mph (29 km/h) over the first 101 hours. Maybe I am the blissfully excited exception on this forum of too-cool-to-bother EV veterans, but I spent a good chunk of those 101 hours sitting in my switched-on car, parked in my garage, playing with the gazillion menus, sub-menus, and sub-sub-menus. Apparently, it got all clocked as "Drive Time". I have to admit that it was almost as much fun as the actual driving, but not quite...

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@ron_b , thanks a million for building this very interesting data set. Both the graphs and the table are helpful. One thing that struck me while looking at the table is the relative "market share" of 4S's, Turbo's, and Turbo S's. The Turbo seems to be underrepresented compared tot the other two. Would that also reflect the relative distribution in the market? This would be intriguing as the Turbo often was referred to as the sweet spot in the original three-types line-up. Maybe @Administrator can give us the relative type share numbers of Taycans owned by the forum members?

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

jmi91

First Name
Jean-Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi RS5 Convertible, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Taycan Turbo S, 21´´wheels

Porsche Taycan What’s your Taycan efficiency? IMG_0592.PNG

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anyone with new Range Screenshot to Contribute?? Just post it here and I will incorporate.

FYI: I added a new Est. Range columns for mi/km to the table. This is based on 85kWh usable battery though I suppose some 4s's may have the base battery.

See the data at the top of this thread:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/what’s-your-taycan-efficiency.4445/
Once beyond 1000 miles, there does not seem to be a noticeable consumption effect of more miles clocked. Unsurprisingly, the wheel size does seem to matter. I wonder if there also may be a psychological effect of fellow members who are more likely to spec larger wheels also being more likely to drive faster and therefore consume more, regardless of the objective mechanical impact of larger wheels.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here is a video which discusses the effect of wheel size on range. It's not so much about the absolute numbers, using basic equations isn't likely to be all that accurate, but it's the direction and which wheel parameters are most important.

JonasOfNorway

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
10 hours of driving perhaps above 10 degrees (C). Rest (well) below that.

Porsche Taycan What’s your Taycan efficiency? 6FF95269-CE01-4D4C-A99E-B657EE1B25DE
Sponsored