What has happened to used Taycan prices?

gdavison

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne E-Hybrid, Boxster GTS
Country flag
Do you normally get a notification of the final config and allocation date?. I ordered in Dec 2021
yes .. as you have to finalise your spec
Sponsored

OP
OP

TaycanBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Thank you all for your reassurance. Looking at Porsche used approved and auto trader, the Taycan is still selling way above RRP. The reason why i pay particular attention to WBAC and Motorway is that as they tend to be an accurate guide for trade in value. Clearly WBAC and Motorway are steering clear of the high end market for whatever reason

If i do choose to sell my car 12-18 months after delivery and choose not trade it, do you think it would be relatively easy to just sell it to a local Porsche dealer?

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
If you pick your spec carefully they will snap it up. Things like the sun roof, Bose and sport chrono seem to go down well. 14 or 18 way seats. Not the basic wheels. If you want a “nicely specced car” expect to spend £10-20k on extras, depending what you actually want.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
And by the way (you might know this if you have used it) the Motorway valuation is an estimate. It then goes in an auction for dealers. My last car went for about £4K over that initial estimate, possibly because of some of the options

daveb3473

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Hi - I have a Taycan 4 CT on order - goodness knows how long I will be waiting! Ordered on March 1st 2022, just before the Ukraine situation.

However, I did exactly the same thing with WBAC and chose a car from Autotrader (UK) to use the numberplate. Retail price was £105k, WBAC was £71k.

However, you will have noticed that with WBAC, if you get a price and then ignore it, about a week later you will get an email saying 'Congrats your Porsche has increased in price'. When I did this with my phantom 4CT, the price had increased to £87k....

However, I am not bothered anyway, the Taycan is the slowest depreciating EV out there and I'm buying it for the experience not the resale.

The other point to note is the WBAC will not take any notice of options - so if you have a base price of £80k and £20k of options, the offer will always be based on the base price, which is why WBAC no use for uniquely specified cars.

By the way, I currently have a BMW 330e - 2 years old and 6k on it. Bought for £39k with £6k of options included in this price. WBAC varies but is currently at £35k (after the 'congrats' email!)

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Another factor to include when estimating finances for a new Taycan- unless you're lucky enough to get a MY22, I'd assume a larger % price increase for the next MY than has been the case in recent years.

OP
OP

TaycanBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Another factor to include when estimating finances for a new Taycan- unless you're lucky enough to get a MY22, I'd assume a larger % price increase for the next MY than has been the case in recent years.
I have been told Q3 2022 so fingers crossed i will beat the inevitable price rise

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
in California a Taycan 4S is going for 150s easy. I bought mine at a discount at 108 and just sold it for 129. What are you on about?
The OP is in England so not sure what Californian prices could possibly have to do with it????

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Agree. I just cannot see Porsche (along with every other brand on the planet) not increasing prices.

And even if they don't increase prices for the simple reason they could, they will have to increase prices to keep up with inflation.

So give it 6 months and an announcement will be made about updated pricing.

Perhaps two 5% price increases over 12 months or one 10% increase to minimise p*ssing off their customers.

AlexG

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993, iPace, Taycan(s) on order
Check with your OPC, however generally in the UK the deposit is fully refundable UNTIL you have locked in final config and received a manufacturing allocation date.

I have never heard of anyone " cancelling with full deposit refund 14 days after taking delivery of the car "
Actually I think you're wrong - these are indeed the rules under the Distance Selling Regulations, so I believe TaycanBoss is right - there is a right of cancellation up until 14 days after delivery. I have seen this discussed in the UK context in other threads so I thought it might be helpful to clarify this for UK buyers (and EU - although those rules might have been implemented slightly differently under national regulations in other countries)

gdavison

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have been told Q3 2022 so fingers crossed i will beat the inevitable price rise
I ordered a 4S TCT in Nov 2021 and was told to expect delivery Dec 2022 / early 2023 .. however TBH my OPC sales guy has sold me a number of cars and knew I didn't want to be trading in the Cayenne Hybrid I currently have until Christmas of this year .. So while I am happy to simply say no if they get early allocations appearing and am not pushing for anything earlier, perhaps your Q3 date is assuming they can put you in a car quicker .. Fingers crossed for you :fingerscrossed:

gdavison

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Actually I think you're wrong - these are indeed the rules under the Distance Selling Regulations, so I believe TaycanBoss is right - there is a right of cancellation up until 14 days after delivery. I have seen this discussed in the UK context in other threads so I thought it might be helpful to clarify this for UK buyers (and EU - although those rules might have been implemented slightly differently under national regulations in other countries)
Ahh Ok that makes sense now

OP
OP

TaycanBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered a 4S TCT in Nov 2021 and was told to expect delivery Dec 2022 / early 2023 .. however TBH my OPC sales guy has sold me a number of cars and knew I didn't want to be trading in the Cayenne Hybrid I currently have until Christmas of this year .. So while I am happy to simply say no if they get early allocations appearing and am not pushing for anything earlier, perhaps your Q3 date is assuming they can put you in a car quicker .. Fingers crossed for you :fingerscrossed:
Yes i do remember my OPC sales guy said there were more RWD build slots so lets see how things go. Given the price of Nickel as increased recently Tesla have increased the prices on their cars across the board on the Model 3. I would be surprised if Porsche do not increase the price on the Taycan in the coming months. Out of interest when was the last price rise on the Taycan?
Sponsored