What has happened to used Taycan prices?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes i do remember my OPC sales guy said there were more RWD build slots so lets see how things go. Given the price of Nickel as increased recently Tesla have increased the prices on their cars across the board on the Model 3. I would be surprised if Porsche do not increase the price on the Taycan in the coming months. Out of interest when was the last price rise on the Taycan?
Last year but battery prices dropped and so rather than change pricing some options were added as standard.
Sponsored

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
The OP is in England so not sure what Californian prices could possibly have to do with it????
In general used prices are up and there is less Taycan than can meet demand. I think he should worry about used no?

12ACD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL, Mazda MX-30
Country flag
We've just had an offer from our supplying dealer to buy back both our cars.

12/21 4S saloon (22my) - 2,000 miles (cost £110K) - offer £105K
02/22 4S CT - 300 miles (cost £110K) - offer £113K

These are opening offers, we're going to talk to some more dealers when they are back from repair and move them on.

Jamesca

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5M
Country flag
If you can afford the car, enjoy the car - don't worry about depreciation before you have even bought it! YOLO.

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag

These are opening offers, we're going to talk to some more dealers when they are back from repair and move them on.
I saw your post on Pistonheads, is that after its been 'fixed'? Seems a good deal if you're not feeling it.

OP
OP

TaycanBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag

Out of interest why are you selling back so quickly?

Plumley32

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Sport Turismo (arrived.)
Country flag
Agree. I just cannot see Porsche (along with every other brand on the planet) not increasing prices.

And even if they don't increase prices for the simple reason they could, they will have to increase prices to keep up with inflation.

So give it 6 months and an announcement will be made about updated pricing.

Perhaps two 5% price increases over 12 months or one 10% increase to minimise p*ssing off their customers.
I am just ordering a RWD Sport Turismo and the Porsche Centre will be managing the order for me so it arrives in time for my chosen 01/03/23 delivery. And that being a 2023 year model.
However if the price was to increase by say 10% on the current prices I would be better off shifting the build date to "as early as possible" likely Q3 2022 as I might be paying another £8k for the same car 4 to 6 months later????

OP
OP

TaycanBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am just ordering a RWD Sport Turismo and the Porsche Centre will be managing the order for me so it arrives in time for my chosen 01/03/23 delivery. And that being a 2023 year model.
However if the price was to increase by say 10% on the current prices I would be better off shifting the build date to "as early as possible" likely Q3 2022 as I might be paying another £8k for the same car 4 to 6 months later????
I think the sooner you can get the car the better with respect to inevitable significant price rises on the Taycan. If they increase the price on my car by 10% then there is a chance i could cancel to be honest. I set a limit of £80k on what i would be comfortable paying and i am on that now with the RWD and some decent options.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Pretty respectable to be honest - reasonably expect to lose VAT but these are strange times.

As an aside the green (Forest?) you chose is just fantastic and I wish it was a standard colour.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Do as TaycanBoss recommends - and lock in your order sooner rather than later. Who cares about the MY, does it really make any difference?

I should imagine even those in this forum couldn't tell or know the difference between 2021 vs 2023 MY and who cares? It's still a Taycan. No evolutionary leap will be made.

You are risking a price rise and more than that, inflation is eating into your money every day. In six months, factor in at least 5%. That's £4k on an £80k outlay. If you are financing, the dynamics change, because if the price does increase, you are then paying circa 6% interest on an elevated price.

Inflation is good once you do have the car: it means your second hand car value has just increased by the same amount. The value of fiat is plummeting.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Do as TaycanBoss recommends - and lock in your order sooner rather than later. Who cares about the MY, does it really make any difference?

I should imagine even those in this forum couldn't tell or know the difference between 2021 vs 2023 MY and who cares? It's still a Taycan. No evolutionary leap will be made.

You are risking a price rise and more than that, inflation is eating into your money every day. In six months, factor in at least 5%. That's £4k on an £80k outlay. If you are financing, the dynamics change, because if the price does increase, you are then paying circa 6% interest on an elevated price.

Inflation is good once you do have the car: it means your second hand car value has just increased by the same amount. The value of fiat is plummeting.
Sadly you are under estimating the level of knowledge on this forum when it comes to model years - we are that sad!

Depending on when you expect delivery I would always take the latest possible MY i.e. no sense in taking delivery of MY22 in July when slipping lock date by one month would secure a MY23 build.

Potential for additional colours upgraded components etc are important to some.

Clearly not everyone is that bothered but...

OP
OP

TaycanBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sadly you are under estimating the level of knowledge on this forum when it comes to model years - we are that sad!

Depending on when you expect delivery I would always take the latest possible MY i.e. no sense in taking delivery of MY22 in July when slipping lock date by one month would secure a MY23 build.

So is the cut off 1st September 2022 for this?

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag

How many Taycans have been built? Maybe 100,000? And there are just over 5000 members on this forum. I imagine only 10% will be active. So as you say, I doubt whether many are too bothered by the model year. Or probably most of the stuff that gets debated on here

12ACD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL, Mazda MX-30
Country flag
Pretty respectable to be honest - reasonably expect to lose VAT but these are strange times.

As an aside the green (Forest?) you chose is just fantastic and I wish it was a standard colour.
Oak Green Metallic. The car is beautiful, just the nonsence with the repair situation renders it not fit for purpose as a daily driver IMO.
Sponsored