BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
2nd time in now, and I tried to get a Taycan loaner, but the manager drives the demo car and would NOT give that thing up. They had two other units for sale, but that wasn’t happening and they were out of Porsche loaners, so they gave me a Range Rover Velar pretty much off the lot anyway. Dont know why they couldn’t have given me a Porsche, but 1st world problems. It’s a pretty nice SUV.
I've had a mini, Mercedes S class and an audi A4! Sent the 1st 2 back as too small / far too big.
Sponsored

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Had Cayenne S Coupes, Boxster S, Panamera 4S, & Taycan 4S. Over my years of Porsche ownership.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I've been given a RWD base taycan, a base macan (terrible) and a loaded panamera. as long as it is a short term loaner I really don't care what I am given. the bigger issue is that I need to sometimes wait a few weeks for an available loaner.

Zakirp

First Name
Zakir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I was given a fully loaded Taycan GTS, to replace my Taycan Turbo S, could not complain as it was brand new.

Zakirp

First Name
Zakir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
If you go through Porsche Assist in the event of a breakdown, they contract the job to Enterprise Rent A Car and they authorise upto a BMW 5 series category car.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
……option to have one with alloys or extra mirrors 🤓

IMG_0043.jpeg
I’d seriously consider this over a base Macan. Not even joking.

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
It seems the loaners I'm granted are getting upper in the lineup as the dealership knows me better...
From a VW ID4 (!) or a Macan Diesel to 718 GTS thru Cayenne hybrid or Taycan Turbo... Interestingly, I was never given a Panamera next gen when was a 970 owner...
And saddly, no 911.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
I had a Macan once, when I took it back I told them never to give me one again, possible the worst car I have driven in the last 20 years, (i know, 1st world issues) since then the OPC have given me a 911 GTS and a 911 Targa as courtesy cars.

KV1893

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
My car went in for two recalls today and I was given an Audi A5. Lots of pre reg Taycans sitting out front. As the cars only 5 months old and I have to drive a total of 200 miles to drop off return collect etc I'd hoped they'd give me a similar car to my GTS ST or a whirl in something interesting.....all a little under whelming but clearly not a big deal either!

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Last time on a porsche assist callout where the dealer had for 2 weeks i got a Mercedes estate car!

Then the last time the delaer gave me a Base Tacan 4 ST but it did have a lot of nice options on it i didn't have on my car and had 900 miles on it.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I get offered base Macans when in service in Krakow, but don’t take them anymore as the dealership will cover my taxis. So I just go to the old town square, eat lunch and come back. Much more convenient as parking is impossible and I don’t need to fill up the Macan.
Funny, we went to Krakow in September for a week and loved it!! (did go to zakopane etc though too)..

I didn't think it seemed bad but apparently has a real polution problem in the city and the taxi driver said they are trying to move to EVs to combat it... didn't really see many EVs or charge points.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
We have always received Macan's as loaners but for our heater replacement earlier this month, we were given a Taycan RWD. Had to take the car back for a different issue and were given the same Taycan RWD as the loaner. Nice to have the Taycan.
Sponsored