Wheel curb rashed and damaged by dragging behind forklift gets repaired with lathe

dws_ch

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo 2024
Country flag
I stumbled upon this short video, that shows how a heavily damaged rim gets repaired within minutes:

Looks like a pretty invasive method however. Anyone knowing about this?
Sponsored

GiovannyCamacho

First Name
Giovanny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
Well, that's quite an interesting DIY solution you've come up with, fixing a wheel curb that got rashed and damaged from being dragged behind a forklift by using a lathe. It just goes to show the creativity and resourcefulness of the DIY community!

By the way, if anyone here is considering investing in a forklift or needs one for their business, I recently came across Angus Lift Trucks, a UK-based company that specializes in forklift sales. They seem to have a wide range of options and services available. It might be worth checking them out if you're in the market for a forklift or any related equipment.

In the meantime, keep up the great work with your repairs, and thanks for sharing your unique solution with us! It's always inspiring to see how people tackle challenges in their own inventive ways.

Last edited:

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I assumed that was the usual way to repair alloy wheel cosmetic damage (at least for diamond cut ones).
Sponsored