Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Is the key (expert trick) to avoid chargepoint and use EA instead? Assuming EA is more reliable(?)
What’s everyone’s experience with EA? Any Tesla folks here who can share their experience on reliability of EA vs. Tesla superchargers? I haven’t taken a road trip in my Tesla but I’ve only heard of wait time issues at certain popular stations but rarely about reliability.
I don’t know anything about the Tesla network but if you want to read about my experience with EA on a road trip you can find it here… https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...s-turismo-4-louisville-ky-to-austin-tx.11068/
Sponsored

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
but the planning isnt that BIG. We drove from LA to Seattle when we picked up our CT. HWY 1 to the top of cali and then the bend pass through OR. we used the route planner and just trusted the tech. 1500 miles, no waiting for it to charge as we were always doing other things and $26 for off EA charging. Couple thoughts.. 1. 150w chargers are fast, dont hunt down 350w.. 2. when you stop, charge, you dont need to go to zero and then full - capture the electrons when possible. If you pass a good charging station - why not make a 15min eat\washroom stop? enjoy the journey a little. 3. there will be lots of EV bashing, but they are just missing out and boneheads. as long as they move over when they see me coming!

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
A very good riposte from Transport Evolved.

Yes, she hits it all right on the head. I am trying to do the same thing right now, where there is a post by our electric company FB page that our city’s first Tesla supercharger (EA is on the way too) is opening up this week and oh man did the, as the lady in the video put it, “Shouty Bobs” come out to shoot a bunch of garbage about EVs that they dont understand. Several EV owners are honestly trying to inform them, but several Bobs even posted this article as proof the whole thing doesn’t work. This article is doing FAR more damage than good for anyone. And all bc of a “journalist” who didnt take the time to do a little homework on how EVs and road tripping with them works, but yes, it’s a shame that anyone should need to do homework on it bc it should be more transparent and easy for people to use.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Every single EV-related FB article brings out scores of EV-hating idiots spewing lies and talking points. It's annoying.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Every single EV-related FB article brings out scores of EV-hating idiots spewing lies and talking points. It's annoying.
21st Century journalism is tainted.
Sponsored