First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I found a link with some details:

https://rennlist.com/forums/taycan/1259681-2020-taycan-cabin-air-filter-change.html

Seems easy, but does the warning need to be reset in the PCM?

I called the dealer to make an appt for this service and was quoted $765. Wow.
I did find the menu option to clear this.

I think I'm going to call the dealer back and confirm that there is nothing else required for this service. If not, I'm just going to buy a Porsche filter for $69 and do it myself.
Sponsored

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
I did find the menu option to clear this.

I think I'm going to call the dealer back and confirm that there is nothing else required for this service. If not, I'm just going to buy a Porsche filter for $69 and do it myself.
Bleeding brakes as well I think?

AntonyU21

First Name
Antony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
It may be on the electric engine hood. You can find it

Tambrose

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
That would make more sense if this is actually the 2 year service. I didn't ask for that when making the appointment, but now I will ask.

Thanks!

kwanyu

First Name
Kwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Audi Q7, M235 conv., Z4
Country flag
just changed mine today per instructions above. This was how the old one looks after 24 months and 22k miles in Nor Cal.

Porsche Taycan Where is the cabin air filter? IMG_5633

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
just changed mine today per instructions above. This was how the old one looks after 24 months and 22k miles in Nor Cal.

IMG_5633.jpeg
Would you please share link directly to the instructions, could not find them.
I replace mine every 6 months min if you do not want to breathe mold, regardless of where you live as moisture and dust create mold. I am not sure why manual states for my Porsche vehicles to change at 20k miles or 2 years which is insane to me as they come out looking like you are showing above.

I do not have Taycan yet but, I replace my own Macan filter (Mann brand same as OEM $13 and 5 min of my time vs. dealer $60 for filter and $70 labor plus taxes and shop fees). I also have 2008 Acura TSX and replace it as well and it is much easier to do as Japanese design is superior in every way to no surprise.

I have to figure out the Cayenne now, as I was not prepared for it as it went into its annual services and that costs $185 to do by the dealer all in.

kwanyu

First Name
Kwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Audi Q7, M235 conv., Z4
Country flag
https://rennlist.com/forums/taycan/1259681-2020-taycan-cabin-air-filter-change.html

Would you please share link directly to the instructions, could not find them.
I replace mine every 6 months min if you do not want to breathe mold, regardless of where you live as moisture and dust create mold. I am not sure why manual states for my Porsche vehicles to change at 20k miles or 2 years which is insane to me as they come out looking like you are showing above.

I do not have Taycan yet but, I replace my own Macan filter (Mann brand same as OEM $13 and 5 min of my time vs. dealer $60 for filter and $70 labor plus taxes and shop fees). I also have 2008 Acura TSX and replace it as well and it is much easier to do as Japanese design is superior in every way to no surprise.

I have to figure out the Cayenne now, as I was not prepared for it as it went into its annual services and that costs $185 to do by the dealer all in.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag

IMG_5633.jpeg
DELETED - was temp confused re pics of a non-Taycan air filter on the Rennlist thread!

Last edited: