Which model to get?

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
The sport chrono was only option that I added recommended by my dealer, the switch on the steering wheel is handy (even if I ordered the base CT4 model, not sure why it would matter what model you have).

I think it is simply up to the budget/finance situation that dictates what model you should order (and apparently the waiting times can be different). Non of my must-have options was really included in any of the models as standard, so the price-difference was always there. Range is a bit better in the lower models (CT4 up to 456km, CT4TurboS up to 419km), but the cost is less power (CT4 has 476PS and CT4TurboS has 761 PS). Personal preference really, I would probably pick the 4S myself (good compromise with power/range) and I dislike the use of "Turbo" name in EVs. Another option would be to wait for the sport turismo (but on the other hand I could use the gravel mode on the way to my cottage, so CT is probably best option for my use anyways).
Sponsored

Last edited:

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Highly unlikely IMHO - std in Turbo and Turbo S were the audience is more performance focussed. Optional in a 4S if the budget won't stretch to a Turbo. Pointless in basic Taycan.

If it were less conspicuous it might have more appeal.
A basic Taycan is still a fun car to drive and quicker than most cars on the road. The convenience of switching driving modes on the wheel (which is also an upgraded GT steering wheel with the chrono), make it a worthwhile feature. I don't really like bouncing through menus to switch the mode while driving. It also adds sport+ driving mode which non sport chrono's don't get. Like all options, it's not necessary for everyone, but historically it's one of the most desirable options across all their models, even the SUVs.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
A basic Taycan is still a fun car to drive and quicker than most cars on the road. The convenience of switching driving modes on the wheel (which is also an upgraded GT steering wheel with the chrono), make it a worthwhile feature. I don't really like bouncing through menus to switch the mode while driving. It also adds sport+ driving mode which non sport chrono's don't get. Like all options, it's not necessary for everyone, but historically it's one of the most desirable options across all their models, even the SUVs.
You can avoid bouncing through menus by configuring My Screen on the PCM and simply add Drive Mode there. I use this as my default display to show mode, battery and Nav.

I've tried the wheel but find it odd to use, I have to look at it, plus I am left handed - Porsche clearly has a bias towards right handed folk.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
You can avoid bouncing through menus by configuring My Screen on the PCM and simply add Drive Mode there. I use this as my default display to show mode, battery and Nav.

I've tried the wheel but find it odd to use, I have to look at it, plus I am left handed - Porsche clearly has a bias towards right handed folk.
Yup to each their own. One person's must have is low priority for another. I'm a leftie as well but prefer the thicker GT wheel. After learning to drive a stick as a teenager with my non dominant hand, not much can phase me when it comes to driving dynamics.

CJE

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Ford GT (part owner)
Country flag
Hi everyone,

Been on the forum for a few days and lots of information you have all posted. I’ve learnt so much and already changed my configuration ahead of my test drive in a few days time.

Question I have is should I go CT 4s, turbo or turbo s?

One of my clients said his local dealership said the 4s is the sweet spot. I’ve been looking at all three similarly spec’d up. I’ve managed to persuade the finance minister that we can go all the way to turbo s but is it a nice to have?

Another thing I read here somewhere on here difference between turbo and turbo s is only extra Hp in launch mode. Is that also correct

Your thoughts are most welcome
I think this is not about what makes sense, but more about how you will feel when the model you were considering but passed up passes you on the road. If those things do not bother you, than the 4S makes perfect sense, If you have waited during the stages of your life to own something that is simply top of the line and represents the most advanced product a manufacturer can provide, that you will need the Turbo S.

I have experienced this feeling with many objects for years. In the case of acquiring our Turbo S, I feel confirmed every time I pull it our of the garage, which is nearly every day. At a point you feel too old to compromise. If you can step up, then I recommend you step up to the best. I haeve never heard of this being bad advice.
Sponsored