Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I hit 135 with summer tires. There was plenty left on the accelerator, but by then my balls had disappeared. That’s jail time in Virginia, lots of it.
You bet. I was stopped for speeding (not nearly as fast as you) in Viriginia several years ago and it turned into a court case with a lot of hassle...
Sponsored

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
Our 2016 GT4 did not - it perfectly matched a GPS with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires. All our other Porsche’ (3) indicate 2 mph faster than actual speed (above 20 mph).
Yeah, you are right, it’s about 2/3mph. I was thinking of my Continental which says I’m doing 75 hen I’m gps says I’m doing 70.

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
Yeah, my Speedo indicated 154 and my dragy indicated about 146. Could be due to slight variances in tire pressure and the sizing of the tires not being exactly matched to the car’s systems.

I’m guessing the down force produced at that speed flattens the tire radius a little too.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hypothetically I've also hit at least 145 several times on summers. Hypothetically it felt the same as going 60. Hypothetically.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
That sticker is so.... USA litigation. You can’t legally drive the speed, but in case someone did and the tires “failed” one might be tempted to sue Porsche for not telling one the risk involved. Or something like that.