Miketaycan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycsn
Country flag
@Lupin did you hear back from the dealer.

My dealer couldn't find any bulletins, but said they would raise a ticket as we recreated the problem at the dealership.

This issue with charging profiles not working is really frustrating me at this point.
Sponsored

Lupin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

My dealer couldn't find any bulletins, but said they would raise a ticket as we recreated the problem at the dealership.

This issue with charging profiles not working is really frustrating me at this point.
I have not heard anything more from my dealer. My car is going in for an unrelated issue next month and I will chase it then.

courbcyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo MY22
Country flag

My dealer, after much chasing is saying this is as designed. I have trouble believing this as it makes no sense (and defeats the purpose of timers in a profile). Very frustrating indeed!

Miketaycan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycsn
Country flag
My dealer, after much chasing is saying this is as designed. I have trouble believing this as it makes no sense (and defeats the purpose of timers in a profile). Very frustrating indeed!
The functionality of profiles is different since the update.

They dont work at all for me now. I have tried everything. Its definitely a bug.

Ive been manually starting charge before going to sleep. Not the Porsche experience i expected.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
After nearly 3 weeks ownership I still have no idea whether my car is going to charge or not.
It's just Russian Roulette and completely random.

I now wonder if it's related to the latest software?

Also the app is never right. If I look on the app it says one thing and doesn't seem to update. When I get in the car I find out what's actually happened.

Is this a common issue?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
All of us on MY21 UK cars would have the same issues as we're all on the same WMA6/7 software update after the safety recall - but apparently we don't.

What app issues / discrepancies are you seeing?

The app and connectivity to the car is problematic universally for sure and needs a good LTE connection to help things along. Using charging settings in PCM helps work around this when needed - I've only had to once in the early days.

courbcyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo MY22
Country flag
So many dealers are saying the profiles preferred times work whereas they clearly don’t. I found a workaround by mistake. If you select a charging profile with preferred times and you are outside the preferred times, the charge should be paused. It’s not with the current firmware. Turn on, then off Direct Charging and the selected profile preferred times will work as they should again.

Somewhat frustrating on a >£100k car. Reminds me of my 2017 Model S.
Sponsored