Rasmus9

First Name
Rasmus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi All, I got my my used Taycan (6/21 ) 3 months ago and I love it. It is born with PPF on the whole front section and on other sensitive areas on the car. I have heard it is best to take it off after max 5 years. My fear is that if I wait too long the color will be different after removal, compared to the areas where there has been no PPF. Any experience/advise? Thanks:)
Sponsored

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
This is unlikely to be an issue. For additional insurance, a ceramic coating on the entire vehicle would be a good thing

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
I think you may be worrying unnecessarily. I’ve had PPF ( expel) on several cars now with no issues- I think the one I have is guaranteed for 10 years.

CarmelTaycan

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLE63. Taycan GTS ordered.
Country flag
Hi All, I got my my used Taycan (6/21 ) 3 months ago and I love it. It is born with PPF on the whole front section and on other sensitive areas on the car. I have heard it is best to take it off after max 5 years. My fear is that if I wait too long the color will be different after removal, compared to the areas where there has been no PPF. Any experience/advise? Thanks:)
If PPF provides some UV protection and you park your car outside a fair amount I would think the paint covered by PPF would look different than any paint not covered by it. The sun does have an effect on paint, some more than others.

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If PPF provides some UV protection and you park your car outside a fair amount I would think the paint covered by PPF would look different than any paint not covered by it. The sun does have an effect on paint, some more than others.
I doubt they would offer a 10 year guarantee if that was the case.

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
The guarantee is that the PPF will not peel or yellow during the warranty. They expressly make NO guarantee about the paint whenever you remove the film, which is why using a professional with the right experience and tools is so highly recommended for PPF removal.

As to if the uncovered paint changes color versus the PPF areas, I imagine it's possible but shouldn't be very noticeable with a quality paint. Definitely keep up with detailing and wax, however.

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The guarantee is that the PPF will not peel or yellow during the warranty. They expressly make NO guarantee about the paint whenever you remove the film, which is why using a professional with the right experience and tools is so highly recommended for PPF removal.

As to if the uncovered paint changes color versus the PPF areas, I imagine it's possible but shouldn't be very noticeable with a quality paint. Definitely keep up with detailing and wax, however.
My 2 Jet Black Porsche have the same paint code as my daughters 2017 Golf - so quality paint!!

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
My 2 Jet Black Porsche have the same paint code as my daughters 2017 Golf - so quality paint!!
My understanding is all VAG paint is very good quality and great for color stability.

CarmelTaycan

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLE63. Taycan GTS ordered.
Country flag
10 year guarantee on what? The PPF? Do the PPF people claim their PPF helps preserve and maintain the paint underneath it? If so, you’re going to see a difference in the paint where the PPF was and where it wasn’t.

OP
OP

Rasmus9

First Name
Rasmus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thanks for all the good feed-back, appreciated

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Use a quality product and you will be ok. My 10yr old Model S was wrapped in Xpel….the car still looks new (based on comments from passersby). No yellowing etc. so no need to worry about what’s underneath….the ppf remains on.

had to remove once due to an accident (it was torn and looked terrible) so I pulled it off myself until I could replace it. Paint (the terrible Tesla paint) was fine, appeared same as rest of the car…no issues. Quality product and quality install my advice. If ever need to remove, go back to the installer and you’ll be ok. Paint underneath will be ok
Sponsored