samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audi Q3, Range R Sport, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Bring it in and we will take a look was pretty much it. Booked in next week.
Ok well that’s something. I’ve asked my dealer too so let’s see. I’m intrigued.
Share your findings please as will I.
Cheers

Furrygt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, 911
Country flag
Same situation with mine - just took delivery and it has the logo in the arm rest but no menu option. Dealer is looking into it…
Looking further into this, it appears that this may have been left out due to chip shortages. I also only got one key with the car.

There is a campaign (WMG1) that states the wireless charger component should be retrofitted once parts become available.

Strangely enough, when the car was delivered I was only informed about the missing key. Everything else was supposedly complete.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Update from dealer this morning @ 07:30, lack of wireless charging due to Chip shortage, will be retrofitted when available.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Well who would have thought that.....

Its a pity nobody mentioned it on page 2 and posted the Porsche bulletin about it :headbang:

?

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looking further into this, it appears that this may have been left out due to chip shortages. I also only got one key with the car.

There is a campaign (WMG1) that states the wireless charger component should be retrofitted once parts become available.

Strangely enough, when the car was delivered I was only informed about the missing key. Everything else was supposedly complete.
Interesting. Can I ask who your dealer is please ?

cheers dave

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update from dealer this morning @ 07:30, lack of wireless charging due to Chip shortage, will be retrofitted when available.
Thanks for the update. Could I ask who your dealer is please?

Cheers
Dave

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag

My dealer told me the same ie only key missing. I emailed him earlier and he seemed not to know about the WC missing :-( Had car 3 days - as Tony the Tiger would say “its greeeaaattttttttt”

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
My dealer told me the same ie only key missing. I emailed him earlier and he seemed not to know about the WC missing :-( Had car 3 days - as Tony the Tiger would say “its greeeaaattttttttt”
Finally got a response from my dealer (having collected my 4S last week) -
There is an open campaign for the wireless charging. Therefore once Porsche get the parts you will be notified

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Finally got a response from my dealer (having collected my 4S last week) -
There is an open campaign for the wireless charging. Therefore once Porsche get the parts you will be notified
Yeah I had the same response. Although they said the spare key, the wireless after I got them to check it and the electric sound are 3!factory updates that need to be done. Thing is I have the sound already so just the key and the wireless. I do wonder if anyone knows what’s going on…

aside form that the car is great!

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
not for nothing, but if it is delayed on wireless charging, I don't think you are missing much.
Assuming that you have Apple products, I just got the new iPhone13 and it is a little wide/snug for the fit and caused a few scratches already.
I also forget to grab my phone every time I put it in there as it is in the arm-rest and honestly sort of awkward to open and grab the phone (U.S. it is on the left-side/back, close to drivers door) as I am not left-handed.
First-world problems, I know. All I am saying is that I am looking at an external mag-safe option to charge/mount the phone in a place that I can actually see, so I remember to grab it when I leave the car. Additionally, I am not sure about others, but the charging rate seems awfully slow....If i needed a charge, I plug it in for more juice, otherwise it seems to only keep the battery charged when I use Wayz as an app (that app burns up my phone and I could cook an egg on the back-side when I am using this for some reason or another).
That said, you may find that the alternative you get while waiting, will actually become the one you use all the time and getting it retrofitted will only serve the resale purpose.

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
not for nothing, but if it is delayed on wireless charging, I don't think you are missing much.
Assuming that you have Apple products, I just got the new iPhone13 and it is a little wide/snug for the fit and caused a few scratches already.
I also forget to grab my phone every time I put it in there as it is in the arm-rest and honestly sort of awkward to open and grab the phone (U.S. it is on the left-side/back, close to drivers door) as I am not left-handed.
First-world problems, I know. All I am saying is that I am looking at an external mag-safe option to charge/mount the phone in a place that I can actually see, so I remember to grab it when I leave the car. Additionally, I am not sure about others, but the charging rate seems awfully slow....If i needed a charge, I plug it in for more juice, otherwise it seems to only keep the battery charged when I use Wayz as an app (that app burns up my phone and I could cook an egg on the back-side when I am using this for some reason or another).
That said, you may find that the alternative you get while waiting, will actually become the one you use all the time and getting it retrofitted will only serve the resale purpose.
The car pcm screen does remind you to take your phone. That said not sure if use it that much but just like to have everything working as it should. ??
Sponsored