Pwh819

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cross Turismo - Chalk
Country flag
I’m pretty sure that I’m not the only one to be asking this question but can’t find a solution anywhere so here goes:

I have an iPhone 12 mini which fits into the “cradle” of the phone holder but not snug like a standard iPhone (or other) so the wireless connection isn’t in the phones charging sweet-spot. My wife‘s standard size iPhone fits and charges fine, so it’s obviously an iPhone mini issue. Has anyone else had the same problem and if so, did you come up with a solution? Thinking I need to place a small wedge of some sort at the bottom of the cradle to prop up the phone so that it hits that spot where it will charge. Thanks!
Sponsored

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don't have any ideas but I found the charging cradle to be very finicky—even on the 12 Pro. I think the placement is absurd. Porsche should have just put a standard wireless charging pad in the storage area underneath the center console display.

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a 12 Pro and I have yet to get wireless charging to work. My wife’s 11 Pro, which is the same size, charges fine.

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
My iPhone 12 Pro has a hell of a time finding the “sweet spot” on the wireless charger. I end up just plugging into a cigarette lighter USB charger I have when needed

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I gave up on wireless charging my iPhone 12 mini and just use a USB cable now with wireless charging disabled. I cut a small bit of wood to sit at the bottom of the cradle so the iPhone mini would be higher up and closer to the cradle charging sweet spot.

However, it didn't take much acceleration to move it a few mm out of place and kill the charging.

Just too fiddly.

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audi Q3, Range R Sport, Mini Cooper
Country flag
I gave up on wireless charging my iPhone 12 mini and just use a USB cable now with wireless charging disabled. I cut a small bit of wood to sit at the bottom of the cradle so the iPhone mini would be higher up and closer to the cradle charging sweet spot.

However, it didn't take much acceleration to move it a few mm out of place and kill the charging.

Just too fiddly.
Hi, Did you have the menu option for wireless charging in the PCM? Or did it just work?

Cheers
Dave

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I have actually given up on the builtin wireless charging, and I purchased a MagSafe USB-C charger that I keep in the console. I get the benefit of wireless charging, it is faster than what is builtin, and I can have my passenger look at the phone if they need to while it is charging.

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
Interesting the issues people are having with wireless charging. I've never had an issue with getting wireless charging to start on my iPhone 12 Pro (soon to be 13 Pro :cool:), but I have had the phone overheat. I have NEVER before had an iPhone of any model overheat to the point that it shuts down, but the wireless charger on the Taycan seems to do it without fail. So I've given up as well and use a wired connection if I need juice.

Also, my elbow doesn't bend 90 degrees in the wrong direction to actually place the phone in the charging cradle....

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I have a 12 mini and no problems getting it to fit and/or start charging in wireless dock. The problem is that after a few minutes it overheats big time and I get the heat error message on the screen.

I gave up on the dock and charge via the REAR seat port with zero issues and insanely fast charge time (~15-75% in few minutes)

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I have stopped using the wireless because it can get extremely hot, I just use a wire to charge, NBD

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
iPhone 12 mini and I also have the heat issue. Think it is due to the wireless charging coils not being accurately aligned, due to the awful cradle design, leading to inefficient power transfer and excess heat. I use a USB cable now.
Sponsored