Wireless charging - pointless?

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
Yep, too much heat in there. I utilize a cable charging via the rear seat ports. It charges REALLY fast via this method. (iphone)
I have had my car for 15 months and just learned from your post that it has rear seat chargers. Amazing how much you can learn from this forum.
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I have had my car for 15 months and just learned from your post that it has rear seat chargers. Amazing how much you can learn from this forum.
Indeed! :) I've been happy to donate knowledge for Porsche, GT-R, DeLorean & Audi since 2003 and have also learned a great deal from other long-time contributors.

"The power of the internet is truly amazing....."
- Luke Wilson

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
agree with most comments here....awkward to get it, slides away from charging location, it is slow.....and I always forget it in the arm rest due to it being out of sight.....need to find a solution with a mag-safe adapter and not use the wireless in the future.
I only find a benefit when running Wayz as at least the battery does not fully discharge when it is in the wireless charger....but I do think the wireless adds to the already hot phone when running this app.

Mtljckt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT, BMW i3s, X5, 540i
Country flag
Worths mentioning how BMW solved this with their i3. The phone sits inside a cradle and it's stuck in there. There's no overheating either (maybe that is the result of the screen going on and off).

The downside is that larger phones such as ping pong rackets will not fit. I thought Porsche nailed the design, however it seems they didn't actually test it in real life. Makes you wonder why don't they give the test car to a few passionate forum testers...

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audi Q3, Range R Sport, Mini Cooper
Country flag
One of the reasons that people like to avoid using the center console USB-C ports is to avoid engaging wired Apple CarPlay. The way I myself get around this is to use a MagSafe charger plugged into the USB-C port in the center console.
I was thinking of doing that. Does the phone get hot ?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It gets warm but not hot enough to trigger shutdown. I put phone in cupholder - gets too hot in console.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Not like with the Qi charger. If you are using Waze, it will make your phone get hot no matter how you are charging or not charging your phone, though.

ampitup

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have never used the wireless charger in my 4S. My phone is 100% charged every morning and last all day until I charge overnight again.
Sponsored