ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
Yeah I had the same response. Although they said the spare key, the wireless after I got them to check it and the electric sound are 3!factory updates that need to be done. Thing is I have the sound already so just the key and the wireless. I do wonder if anyone knows what’s going on…

aside form that the car is great!
Dave - my sound is working as well so I think that I’m just short of the spare key and WC like you. Might be others things but will only know these i when I realise they aren’t there as doubt that Porsche will tell me !!

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audi Q3, Range R Sport, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Dave - my sound is working as well so I think that I’m just short of the spare key and WC like you. Might be others things but will only know these i when I realise they aren’t there as doubt that Porsche will tell me !!
Ha ha... Agreed.

And trouble is there is so much to play with I doubt that we will ever be any the wiser.

That said stonking car. Only done 300 miles, which you would have done double that day one!

But, very nice indeed. Now to the Porsche survey ?

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
Ha ha... Agreed.

And trouble is there is so much to play with I doubt that we will ever be any the wiser.

That said stonking car. Only done 300 miles, which you would have done double that day one!

But, very nice indeed. Now to the Porsche survey ?
Currently up to 840 miles - this week will be doing another 800+ as seeing clients in Suffolk/Oxon/Surrey/Dorset/Avon. If only I had time to do a survey :)

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Currently up to 840 miles - this week will be doing another 800+ as seeing clients in Suffolk/Oxon/Surrey/Dorset/Avon. If only I had time to do a survey :)
Ha ha... Fair comment!

How are you getting on with expected range ?

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
Ha ha... Fair comment!

How are you getting on with expected range ?
Because I’m a Northern tight arse I’ve only been putting in what I need on public chargers, but tonight I’m staying in Surrey and the accom has free chargers so will fill my boots. I’m expecting/hoping for c250 miles. At home I’ve only been charging to 85% as recommended, but that is giving me c220 and so bang in line with 255 on a 100% charge.
3 of my clients have tried the car in the last 24hrs and Porsche have 3 new customers - I ought to be on commission with them !!!!

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Because I’m a Northern tight arse I’ve only been putting in what I need on public chargers, but tonight I’m staying in Surrey and the accom has free chargers so will fill my boots. I’m expecting/hoping for c250 miles. At home I’ve only been charging to 85% as recommended, but that is giving me c220 and so bang in line with 255 on a 100% charge.
3 of my clients have tried the car in the last 24hrs and Porsche have 3 new customers - I ought to be on commission with them !!!!
Ha ha. Yeah, from a full charge I'm getting 220. But I'm charging to 85% and getting about 190. So a little less. Interestingly, Turing off zircon, gives me 30 miles back ha ha...

It's enough for my kind of driving. 80% I'll be charging at home. Did try some free charging at Tesco 22 KW charger, although not sure it was running 22 KW as my home charge says .3 miles per min, and the 22 KW is 3 times faster but says .4 ,miles per min...

Anyway, It's all good! Glad you're enjoying yours. Not heard anything about the spare key etc...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Found it on the other thread...

Screenshot_20210923-153503_Chrome.jpg
If not already done so please read @fishfinger's post (see entry under inductive charging).

STD for UK market but due to the semiconductor shortages this has not been factory installed. Your dealer should be aware of this and other items.

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
Ha ha. Yeah, from a full charge I'm getting 220. But I'm charging to 85% and getting about 190. So a little less. Interestingly, Turing off zircon, gives me 30 miles back ha ha...

It's enough for my kind of driving. 80% I'll be charging at home. Did try some free charging at Tesco 22 KW charger, although not sure it was running 22 KW as my home charge says .3 miles per min, and the 22 KW is 3 times faster but says .4 ,miles per min...

Anyway, It's all good! Glad you're enjoying yours. Not heard anything about the spare key etc...
Same at home - I’m getting 0.3. On 2 different Instavolt 100W chargers that I used this week (one in Norfolk and one in Oxon) they both started off at c2.5 and built up quite quickly to 3.8/3.9, but once they got to 80% charged they dropped back to just under 3.
Just looked on the App on the current overnight charging at this hotel in Surrey and it’s showing 92% charge and 241 miles, so again consistent with c255 miles.
Only doing 80 miles of driving to see clients today so might feel a bit depressed tonight as in each of the last 3 days I’ve averaged 150 miles per day :-(

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Same at home - I’m getting 0.3. On 2 different Instavolt 100W chargers that I used this week (one in Norfolk and one in Oxon) they both started off at c2.5 and built up quite quickly to 3.8/3.9, but once they got to 80% charged they dropped back to just under 3.
Just looked on the App on the current overnight charging at this hotel in Surrey and it’s showing 92% charge and 241 miles, so again consistent with c255 miles.
Only doing 80 miles of driving to see clients today so might feel a bit depressed tonight as in each of the last 3 days I’ve averaged 150 miles per day :-(
You're definitely getting more miles than me, but it's not been a problem. I haven't dropped to less than 70 miles in any of my driving days to date, so all good. I think at 100% the best I've seen is 230. Bound to get worse in the winter ?

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
You're definitely getting more miles than me, but it's not been a problem. I haven't dropped to less than 70 miles in any of my driving days to date, so all good. I think at 100% the best I've seen is 230. Bound to get worse in the winter ?
Don’t understand why you would be getting 10% less charge than me - at 100% mines always been above 250 miles. But then again I live in Costa del Derbyshire so a more temperate climate than you :)
I’m assuming no updates yet from your dealer on the spare key, WC etc etc

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Don’t understand why you would be getting 10% less charge than me - at 100% mines always been above 250 miles. But then again I live in Costa del Derbyshire so a more temperate climate than you :)
I’m assuming no updates yet from your dealer on the spare key, WC etc etc
Ha ha. Yeah not sure why you are getting more range. I did see something about the 4S getting more than the turbo though…. No just got some rubber mats through after a month as I shoot so keep the mud off the carpets! Nothing about the key or wireless module. Did ask but no reply! Might go in tomorrow and bend their ears.

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
Ha ha. Yeah not sure why you are getting more range. I did see something about the 4S getting more than the turbo though…. No just got some rubber mats through after a month as I shoot so keep the mud off the carpets! Nothing about the key or wireless module. Did ask but no reply! Might go in tomorrow and bend their ears.
Rather than bend their ears why not take one of your guns with you in Peaky Blinder's fashion ……… your spare key will be there quicker than your turbo :)

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Rather than bend their ears why not take one of your guns with you in Peaky Blinder's fashion ……… your spare key will be there quicker than your turbo :)
Good plan. Only thing is they shoot too! Could get messy, although I do have some rubber mats!
Sponsored