Wireless Charging (UK)

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ (on order), Range Rover Evoque (wife's car) Previous car BMW M3 competition
Country flag
Does anyone know whether the UK cars come with wireless charging. I know the MY2021 comes wireless carplay but nothing clear about wireless charging.

If not, what cable is best for charging please and iPhone 11? Are the USB outlets USB C, so a standard I phone charger doesnt work?

Thanks
Sponsored

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Does anyone know whether the UK cars come with wireless charging. I know the MY2021 comes wireless carplay but nothing clear about wireless charging.

If not, what cable is best for charging please and iPhone 11? Are the USB outlets USB C, so a standard I phone charger doesnt work?

Thanks
USB C, though I was advised that MY21 cars in the UK should now have the wireless charging activated. Your dealer should be able to confirm.

OP
OP
Swiffywagbags

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ (on order), Range Rover Evoque (wife's car) Previous car BMW M3 competition
Country flag
USB C, though I was advised that MY21 cars in the UK should now have the wireless charging activated. Your dealer should be able to confirm.
Thanks, Ill drop them an email but just thought someone on here may have taken delivery of a MY2021 in the UK. Ill get a cable aswell just to be sure :like:

OP
OP
Swiffywagbags

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PS the car in your Avatar looks pretty much identical to mine :)

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

Thanks
Haven’t got mine yet so can’t comment on the wireless charging bit, but you can plug an iPhone cable into the centre armrest and it will charge. Just needs to be a usb-c to lightening cable. Amazon is full of them and someone posted somewhere in here about a right angled cable that may help your phone sit better within the armrest cubby hole.

OP
OP
Swiffywagbags

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Haven’t got mine yet so can’t comment on the wireless charging bit, but you can plug an iPhone cable into the centre armrest and it will charge. Just needs to be a usb-c to lightening cable. Amazon is full of them and someone posted somewhere in here about a right angled cable that may help your phone sit better within the armrest cubby hole.
Thanks I’ll get searching for one :like:

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s - Cayenne Coupe Hybrid - Carrera S 992
Country flag

Thanks
I have received yesterday my taycan 4s and I have wireless apple carplay and also wireless charger in the armrest

OP
OP
Swiffywagbags

Swiffywagbags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have received yesterday my taycan 4s and I have wireless apple carplay and also wireless charger in the armrest
Great thanks for confirming :whew:

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you U.K. based?

I was under the impression that U.K. cars didn’t come with the wireless charging option. Unless it’s been introduced in the the 21MY. I think that’s what the OP was asking for clarification for.
Thanks.

Raedwald

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Are you U.K. based?

I was under the impression that U.K. cars didn’t come with the wireless charging option. Unless it’s been introduced in the the 21MY. I think that’s what the OP was asking for clarification for.
Thanks.
I just received my MY21 4S in the UK and it does not have wireless charging.
The wireless CarPlay however is great. If I was on a long trip I would plug my phone in for charge but on those short trips it’s great to have that functionality when you are five minutes down the road and you realise your have not plugged your phone in!

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
It will be a lottery then if my December build car will have it. Porsche Ireland was a "remote branch" of Porsche GB but with Brexit its being "re-wired" back into Porsche AG in Germany but with "wrong side of the road" specs.

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s - Cayenne Coupe Hybrid - Carrera S 992
Country flag
Are you U.K. based?

Thanks.
Italy

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just received my MY21 4S in the UK and it does not have wireless charging.
The wireless CarPlay however is great. If I was on a long trip I would plug my phone in for charge but on those short trips it’s great to have that functionality when you are five minutes down the road and you realise your have not plugged your phone in!

Thats what I thought, so thanks for the clarification.
You are right, of either of those features, I’d rather have wireless CarPlay than wireless charging.

ccooke01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S and ID.4
Country flag
My dealer has confirmed that my Taycan 4S due for delivery in December doesn't support the wireless charger option, which is a shame, however I agree that wireless CarPlay is more advantageous and I am sure a 3D printed aftermarket option will be available in the future.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Does anybody know or understand why the U.K. Taycans do not come with the wireless charger? It is available in a lot of cars in the U.K. from other brands, and it is available in a lot of other markets. So Porsche do have it in the Taycan, but not for the U.K.?
Sponsored