f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Everything is a matter of habit. I've driven everything. From a Fiat 45s to a Nissan navara pickup without any parking sensors.

Is it overwhelming? Yeah. For the first couple of weeks but then you'll adjust.

It's like passing by those tiny smart worthy parking spots and ignoring them. Soon you'll you'll have a precise idea where your taycan will fit and just ignore anything too small or too narrow.
My experience too, one is used to size quite quickly but that does not change the fact that even though you are used to it there are some roads which are no fun to drive down in a wide car, some of the roads round here which are great fun in my sportscar I only go down in the Taycan if I really have to and with great caution in case I encounter an equally wide car, or worse tractor, SUV or truck coming the other way.

As far as parking spaces are concerned the ones I go to have parking spaces all the same width, so if it won't go into one, it will only go in any others if the car park is part empty and you can find a space with no car either side.

So yes, getting used to a wide car isn't a problem from a driving pov IME but the driving enjoyment and convenience are impacted in a way one can do nothing about.
Sponsored

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
My experience too, one is used to size quite quickly but that does not change the fact that even though you are used to it there are some roads which are no fun to drive down in a wide car, some of the roads round here which are great fun in my sportscar I only go down in the Taycan if I really have to and with great caution in case I encounter an equally wide car, or worse tractor, SUV or truck coming the other way.

As far as parking spaces are concerned the ones I go to have parking spaces all the same width, so if it won't go into one, it will only go in any others if the car park is part empty and you can find a space with no car either side.

So yes, getting used to a wide car isn't a problem from a driving pov IME but the driving enjoyment and convenience are impacted in a way one can do nothing about.
I would add to be extra careful with Google maps, especially when selecting "shortest" route

Almost wedged myself in some tiny twisted street in a small village nearby. Current car is only 1.77m wide.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I would add to be extra careful with Google maps, especially when selecting "shortest" route

Almost wedged myself in some tiny twisted street in a small village nearby. Current car is only 1.77m wide.
Waze recommended route in Anglesey took me down a road marginal for our Prius - scraped both sides at one point - which the Taycan wouldn't have got along at all.
I think it is a SW module sitting on Google maps.
I don't use Waze any more...

Dollymite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43
Country flag

So this is how I feel about it. It's not that I can't park it or get down the lanes (I also drive a Q7 when I have to!), it's just that I don't find it massively enjoyable and I'm mostly getting the car for enjoyment. Damn the tax incentives, they really mess with my decision making process! Also the Taycan is an insanely beautiful car. I wish it was just about six inches smaller. Hohoho.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So this is how I feel about it. It's not that I can't park it or get down the lanes (I also drive a Q7 when I have to!), it's just that I don't find it massively enjoyable and I'm mostly getting the car for enjoyment. Damn the tax incentives, they really mess with my decision making process! Also the Taycan is an insanely beautiful car. I wish it was just about six inches smaller. Hohoho.
but but... size doesn't matter, right?

• Haha
Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Lets hope and pray the RAS makes as much difference as promised !!!!!! x
I bet that you will never regret RAS.
in my case, it means that i can park (or stsrt to drive) without any corrections.
Also, when i need to park between two cars in the row, RAS helped a lot.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Nissan navara pickup without any parking sensors.
That was nightmare, but On my 2nd navara, i had 360 camera, and i thought i was in heaven.
Speaking about cameras: navara (2018) has better rear camera than taycan (and 360 view as well)

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mamba 4S sport T super yay!
Country flag
I bet that you will never regret RAS.
in my case, it means that i can park (or stsrt to drive) without any corrections.
Also, when i need to park between two cars in the row, RAS helped a lot.
This is so reassuring to hear, thank you !!!! Hopefully Ill be whacking it in spaces like its a push bike !! :CWL:

Reactions: B61

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mamba 4S sport T super yay!
Country flag
Just got home from picking up my CT 4S. It drives beautifully and the Mamba Green is so beautiful. Very happy with our decision to get rid of the BMW iX for this.

2AB090A6-C16D-46D0-A95F-813AC90B950A.jpeg

F54CA306-7333-4725-8495-25904E4CCC66.jpeg

0E7331F8-952B-4EDE-8336-F86C4602E80C.jpeg

D208107B-8971-493C-9FE0-9B7E8355069E.jpeg

oooh what a beauty !! many happy driving miles to you !! :)))))))

TLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS; 2021 Honda Accord; 2015 911(sold)
Country flag
Me too… soon to be…. 2023 GTS on order, freeze date 25 Feb.
keep reading comments about different options and keep changing my mind. Would love to hear from the Women in the group:

Massaging Seats….?
4 Zone Climate Control…?
Burmester Radio…?
What color did you pick? I started with white exterior / black berry interior…. Just changed to coffee beige exterior/ basalt black w/atacama beige

My Freeze date has slipped to 4/5/23 with an EDD of 5/29/23. Beginning to second guess myself on the options again. I’m sure the SA is getting tired of my changes.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
The local Waitrose car park bays are too narrow to be sure to open the door wide enough to get in or out.
I thought it as a total gimmick when ordering my car but I'm finding I am using the remote park assist (from phone) for these situations – way more then I had expected.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I thought it as a total gimmick when ordering my car but I'm finding I am using the remote park assist (from phone) for these situations – way more then I had expected.
And how do you do it when you return to the car and the other cars are still around you? Can you pull it out remotely?

Regardless of remote park assist, the problem isn't you. The problem is the people next to you opening their doors and slamming into your car :(

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
And how do you do it when you return to the car and the other cars are still around you? Can you pull it out remotely?
Yes, you can move the car forward with your phone when you get back to your car.

Regardless of remote park assist, the problem isn't you. The problem is the people next to you opening their doors and slamming into your car :(
That's fair.