Your other electric vehicle

jam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, '22 Macan S, Taycan 4S CT ordered
Country flag
We have a 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance and a 2015 BMW i3. The Tesla's technology, software and range is far superior to the BMW but the i3 has far better fit and finish and (even being five years older than the Tesla) has fewer squeaks and rattles.

I prefer the i3 over the Model 3 in almost every situation because it encourages me to drive. The Tesla would prefer me to stay out of its way.
Sponsored

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
For those that love their Taycans and will give up their firstborn prior to their beloved car, but need another electric car, what do you drive or what do you have on order?

My wife is car hunting for something we can take ownership of before the year-end, with significantly more storage space. If the Macan EV were available I'd likely order it, but that seems unlikely to be in anyone's hands anytime soon. The quicker we find something, the sooner the Taycan is only driven by me, so this is top priority.

Let's try and be civilized and not turn this into a Tesla bashing; they don't appeal to me, but I'm still happy to hear from anyone happy with theirs.
We have a 2014 BMW i3 Rex, which is my wife's daily, and will be until her F150 Lightning arrives, whenever that may be. FWIW, the i3 is a pretty great car as long as you don't intend it as a road trip vehicle.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
A Peugeot e-208 for its compact city friendly size and easy parking. For a city car it has decent 50kWh battery and 100kW DC charging.

Porsche Taycan Your other electric vehicle IMG_7797

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Honda E if I am forced to go into towns, my wife’s Urus is a brilliant 2nd car and the Defender for pulling boats and horses about. Not sure how anyone can just have 2 cars…..

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
Wife just got a '22 Audi e-tron Premium Plus. She's in love with it. It's got worst-in-class range, yes, but in my opinion and for my use case, the flat charging curve more than makes up for it. We drove it from NH to FL three days after taking delivery, and then back a week or so later, and it was a problem-free experience the whole way.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I have reservations for a Cybertruck, Rivian R1T & a F150 Lightning, depending on which hits first (all are sounding well into 2023 for me at this point). I wish Toyota would get into the BEV world, I really want an electric version of my Tundra.

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I, too, have a reservation for a Cybertruck, but my household currently has 2 Tesla Model 3 Long Range. Other than some of the workmanship that has been reported and complained of, we are very happy with both the cars and the service we have received when needed.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My wife has an ID4 and LOVES it! Just to make sure that we arent mistaken for a fully green household, the 3rd parking stall has a V10 R8 sitting in it.

DHSMIAMI

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 S Cab
Country flag
Wife just got a '22 Audi e-tron Premium Plus. She's in love with it. It's got worst-in-class range, yes, but in my opinion and for my use case, the flat charging curve more than makes up for it. We drove it from NH to FL three days after taking delivery, and then back a week or so later, and it was a problem-free experience the whole way.
Curious how you planned your charging stops? Im planning to drive from South Florida to Mass in my Taycan in May and trying to figure the charging stops.

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
Another vote for the Audi E-tron. Probably the quietest and most comfortable EV on the market. It's reasonably quick, basically has an Audi Q8 interior, and plenty of room for a mid size SUV. The range isn't great, but the charging speed makes up for what it lacks in range. It is several steps up in terms of fit and finish and materials compared to a Model Y, Mach-E, or any other sub-$60k EV. I would argue it is even a step up compared to the Model S or X. More in line with the Taycan or E-tron GT.

jasonh

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Have a 2019 Jaguar i-Pace as the family SUV. Its not a Taycan, but it works well as a 5-person SUV. It has Land Rover suspension and software, so it behaves very well in snow and ice. (Tested!)

The i-Pace had some early really annoying software teething pains. Get it upgraded to current software levels. Now, its very civilized.

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
We have a MG ZS EV my girlfriend drives. Perfect car for what it is; moving the kids around town and general city driving.

It helps that car is dirt cheap, so it’s perfect for testing out new products on(I don’t think a lot of cheap EVs looks as good and is as well kept as this one).

DanielCA92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 xDrive45e, Ram 1500, Mach E
Country flag
Wife had a MachE AWD standard battery, she and the kids loved it- sold it to get the performance version (GT) which she’s actually picking up tomorrow. She’s been driving a BMW X5 xDrive45e hybrid which can give you 30 miles of pure electric driving. She prefers the MachE over the X5 hybrid but the MachEs are harder to find on a lot for purchase without a dealer markup.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
For those that love their Taycans and will give up their firstborn prior to their beloved car, but need another electric car, what do you drive or what do you have on order?

My wife is car hunting for something we can take ownership of before the year-end, with significantly more storage space. If the Macan EV were available I'd likely order it, but that seems unlikely to be in anyone's hands anytime soon. The quicker we find something, the sooner the Taycan is only driven by me, so this is top priority.

Let's try and be civilized and not turn this into a Tesla bashing; they don't appeal to me, but I'm still happy to hear from anyone happy with theirs.
Have your wife test drive the Mercedes EQS - lots of space, amazingly comfortable, the only thing it's not is an aggressive sports car, but that may not be your wife's first priority (I know it's not my wife's, she'd be fine with EQS 0-60mph in 4.1s or most likely even 5.5s on the lowest model would be sufficient for her). I am even seriously considering the EQS AMG (more sporty) coming later this year if Mercedes can build me a car before Porsche does (then probably try for Porsche again for my next car).
Sponsored